Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 11:54 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Telling people they are "lying" in every post when they disagree with you is about as childish as calling people white supremacists when they are trying to argue a point.. grow up.

LOL. It's not about disagreeing. It is about lying. Saying documented factually incorrect statement as truths.

You know, the right wing "alternative facts". I documented several cases of it in this thread alone. Blatant lies trying to promote agendas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Do you really think that City-Data is Stormfront Lite? Do you not know what Stormfront is? Are you just totally lacking perspective? I think there's a big difference between "website where people are allowed to say things that could be interpreted as casually racist" (and where they are called out by other users) and "website devoted to the promotion of racism and totally unrepentant white nationalism".

Do you think for a second you wouldn't have been banned from a real Stormfront Lite site like three or four posts in?
Yes, absolutely I do. I had to monitor it for their actions for a good period of time (well a couple of years). Also had to monitor the (now defunct) East Coast White Pride site, which led to a large counter protest and shutting down of one of their hate rallies in New Hampshire a few years ago.

Of course I would have been banned by Stormfront, but it was covert surveillance. And no, City Data has a lot of stuff that isn't to be "interpreted" as "casually racist". But there is a reason for the "lite" moniker, it's more nuanced here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 11:57 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,114,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Knowing exactly what would happen if you acted otherwise? So, you're excusing abuse by law enforcement? You believe people have to obey cops every word or you deserve summary execution or a beating?

Do you not see your privilege in in being released like that? Do you not see your privilege in that entire experience? POC can't take that for granted.

I know the right wingers want to call misinformation / lies / and incorrect statements "alternative facts" or "disagreements", but they are in fact, lies and incorrect statements.
My privilege dude!! are you okay. i was accosted by an officer, I kept my cool because I did nothing. I did walk away. i didnt wave a gun. or start recording, or yelling. Like I said before.. I have been treated far worse for far less. And yes, i know you know plenty of folks that work with such demographics, but i live with them. They have had many polite interactions with law enforcement. In fact, most of the officers I encounter on a daily basis are indeed black.
Bringing race and assuming i have privilege in a really sh1t encounter is a gross thing. i didn't grow up like you dude.. I fought tooth and nail for what i have. every single bit of it. I have seen the privilege of 20% of my neighborhood in the damn ground with families at their funerals before graduating high school. I have friends mothers prostituting them selves to feed their kids. I am far from a right winger, so you assume that i have different views than you i must be a Nazi. You have no clue man. Keep on with your agenda. Some people actually have the balls to call Bvll**** on the mass of idiots. It means not which political party i belong to, because clearly they are both disgusting.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:57 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
LOL. It's not about disagreeing. It is about lying. Saying documented factually incorrect statement as truths.

You know, the right wing "alternative facts". I documented several cases of it in this thread alone. Blatant lies trying to promote agendas.
Nobody is "lying" to you. This isn't "Stormfront Lite", either.

You have quite an imagination.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
My privilege dude!! are you okay. i was accosted by an officer, I kept my cool because I did nothing. I did walk away. i didnt wave a gun. or start recording, or yelling. Like I said before.. I have been treated far worse for far less. And yes, i know you know plenty of folks that work with such demographics, but i live with them. They have had many polite interactions with law enforcement. In fact, most of the officers I encounter on a daily basis are indeed black.
Bringing race and assuming i have privilege in a really sh1t encounter is a gross thing. i didn't grow up like you dude.. I fought tooth and nail for what i have. every single bit of it. I have seen the privilege of 20% of my neighborhood in the damn ground with families at their funerals before graduating high school. I have friends mothers prostituting them selves to feed their kids. I am far from a right winger, so you assume that i have different views than you i must be a Nazi. You have no clue man. Keep on with your agenda. Some people actually have the balls to call Bvll**** on the mass of idiots. It means not which political party i belong to, because clearly they are both disgusting.

Suuuure. You pulled yourself up by your bootstraps, right?

Do you actually deny that white privilege is real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Nobody is "lying" to you. This isn't "Stormfront Lite", either.

You have quite an imagination.
It is often called, stormfont lite, yes. Which is what I said.

And yes, there were blatant lies posted. They were documented. Shall I rehash them again? There were statement made, for one example, about what the video showed, which were total lies. They were lies to promote a skewed bigoted narrative.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Suuuure. You pulled yourself up by your bootstraps, right?

Do you actually deny that white privilege is real?

You don't know me. you assuming i had privilege based on my race is the most asinine thing i have read. Not everyone grew up in Belmont.

People like you are the reason there will be another 4 years of the very person you loathe in office. Keep up the good work Ricky Schroder

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-06-2018 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 08-06-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
You don't know me. you assuming i had privilege based on my race is the most asinine thing i have read. Not everyone grew up in Belmont.

People like you are the reason there will be another 4 years of the very person you loathe in office. Keep up the good work Ricky Schroder

I don't need to know you.

I'm white. I have privilege from being white. White privilege is very very real whether you grow up in Lexington or rural Appalachia.

If you're white, you have it too. It's unavoidable in this society.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is re-elected. Democrats have swung so far right it is nauseating, and we have an inherently racist country founded on racism (aka manifest destiny) who love putting in a morally bankrupt xenophobe and misogynist.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:12 PM

I had ZERO privilege. Keep telling me I did because of the color of my skin.. I couldn't get into several schools in Boston with higher scores than people who were less privileged. My parents didn't speak English when we were young.. Just stop man. People are catching on to how non-sensical this crap really is

Old 08-06-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I had ZERO privilege. Keep telling me I did because of the color of my skin.. I couldn't get into several schools in Boston with higher scores than people who were less privileged. My parents didn't speak English when we were young.. Just stop man. People are catching on to how non-sensical this crap really is

I would be glad to provide you with primers on what white privilege is about, if you're interested in learning. It is often hidden, it is often transparent, but it permeates our society and shapes our very perspectives. Coming to terms with the reality of white privilege is pretty critical for personal growth and awareness. The Peggy McIntosh essay is a good starter.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:15 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,918,347 times
Quote:

Of course I would have been banned by Stormfront, but it was covert surveillance. And no, City Data has a lot of stuff that isn't to be "interpreted" as "casually racist". But there is a reason for the "lite" moniker, it's more nuanced here.
Like where? I haven't seen anything on here that is blatantly, no-desire-to-even-hide-it racist that wasn't moderated away and also heavily challenged. There is definitely stuff that I interpret as "casually racist" in the sense that it could be coded racism or it could just be ignorant. The problem in my mind isn't when racist people are allowed, it's when they are aren't (or aren't allowed to be) called out.

I wouldn't consider somewhere like reddit stormfront-lite, but there are corners of that site that are way worse than anything I've seen here.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Like where? I haven't seen anything on here that is blatantly, no-desire-to-even-hide-it racist that wasn't moderated away and also heavily challenged. There is definitely stuff that I interpret as "casually racist" in the sense that it could be coded racism or it could just be ignorant. The problem in my mind isn't when racist people are allowed, it's when they are aren't (or aren't allowed to be) called out.

I wouldn't consider somewhere like reddit stormfront-lite, but there are corners of that site that are way worse than anything I've seen here.
I would consider certain subforums there to not even be "lite" really.

But its obvious we see these things differently. That's ok. I am not saying this site is like Stormfront, in that is has that agenda, but this site is often called "stormfront lite" by many. You could probably google it easily enough to see some of the references.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts