Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 11:07 PM

17,666 posts, read 9,155,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Referring to her as Pocahontas is not racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I agree, but name calling is childish and detracts from what the name caller is trying to say. In fact, every time I see a post on CD that calls someone a silly name, I tend to skip over it. I don't take it seriously.
I don't really see it as name calling. Pocahontas, Crooked Hillary, Crazy Bernie, Little Marco, etc. are well known and widely used nicknames.

And it would be hard to argue that the Pocahontas nickname didn't elevate Elizabeth Warren's political career. In my opinion, without it, she wouldn't be nationally known or in a legitimate position to run for President of the United States.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:08 PM

3,687 posts, read 2,408,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Elizabeth Warren came out today to let everyone know that she is putting together a team to look at her chances of becoming the nominee for President in 2020.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/u...ouncement.html

I thought she told us during the election that she was not going to run for President and that her focus was on Massachusetts and fighting for the people of our fine state and those that live on the ragged edge of middle class... What happened? Running for President will take her away from her duties to the state. It just seems wrong to go for a job and a few months later look into quitting

Somewhere out there Geoff Diehl is saying "I told you so".

What do you think? Should she stand by the people of Mass or should she leave us behind to hit the campaign trail?
Warren is just another establishment sh*t politician.

Same ol' same ol'

Old 01-02-2019, 02:48 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
I don't really see it as name calling. Pocahontas, Crooked Hillary, Crazy Bernie, Little Marco, etc. are well known and widely used nicknames.
Sure. A reasonable opinion if the red hat hides the lobotomy scar and you’re parked in front of Fox News all day.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Sure. A reasonable opinion if the red hat hides the lobotomy scar and you’re parked in front of Fox News all day.
Well, I don't have a red hat or any scars...and I watch CNN. And, unlike most people here, I actually like Elizabeth Warren.

I noticed you didn't comment on the rest of my post.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:08 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
I noticed you didn't comment on the rest of my post.
I was so awed by the critical analysis that it rendered me speechless.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I was so awed by the critical analysis that it rendered me speechless.
Not surprising.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:40 AM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:

And it would be hard to argue that the Pocahontas nickname didn't elevate Elizabeth Warren's political career. In my opinion, without it, she wouldn't be nationally known or in a legitimate position to run for President of the United States.
But that has only been in the past 3 years due to one person. Do we really want a political system that relies on schoolyard tactics? Notice nobody else that ran went down that road.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:59 AM

550 posts, read 679,902 times
Warren won’t make it far at all. She’s not very liked. I would love to see Beto run for president

Old 01-02-2019, 08:05 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:

The name calling did elevate Warren as it did the other contenders in 2016 but it mostly lifted the name caller Trump above all others.

Trump is a genius of a self promoter. He was a political outsider that was able to beat out several career politicians plus he took down the DC royalty in Clinton. His campaign is one for the history books and classrooms like it or not.

What is rather ironic is that the ones that gave him the most coverage were his greatest detractors and the ones that still hate him today.

Like it or not Trump is good for ratings, he is the news and I agree that Elizabeth Warren would not be as widely known if not for Trump.

I don't think she is qualified to be President but sure why not turn her back on Massachusetts and make a run for the WH. She has another nickname that suits this action, Lie awatha...

Old 01-03-2019, 08:52 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,135,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Lie awatha...
Tucker, is that you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts