Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2022, 05:51 PM

943 posts, read 410,552 times

Advertisements

Oh, and get boosted if you haven't done so already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2022, 06:10 PM

943 posts, read 410,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Since pandemic means global, I don't see how one world leader can say its "over".

Maybe more or less for the USA, but that's not a pandemic being over.

Even in the USA, with the daily average number of deaths (roughly 500) equating well around 180,000 deaths a year, which is 3x a really really bad flu season, it seems like a stretch to call it "over" here, unless we accept that as the new normal.

The pandemic will be over when declared over by the same org that declares it starting, the World Health Organization.
Unfortunately, I think this may well end up being the new normal, with spikes higher than what we are seeing now. An elderly family friend with Type 2 Diabetes who tested positive about 2 weeks ago and had a mild cold is now experiencing major blood sugar control issues and considering heading to the ER tonight. She did not realize it might be related to covid...

Old 09-28-2022, 06:17 PM

12,451 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Oh, and get boosted if you haven't done so already.
I messed up and missed my first appt, but got my Covid-19 and flu shots today at the local CVS. Free, low risk and high benefit, and yet many are not interested. I don't have the energy to debate people about something that's been going on for 2 years though. If people want to say that Covid-19 isn't dangerous, but the vaccines are, fine.

Old 09-29-2022, 06:23 AM

432 posts, read 415,263 times
"We have two new studies with promising data."
Some news about the boosters; https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...science-update

Old 09-29-2022, 08:29 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
I am only asking because my work had their first in person event ever since 2020. There was lots of cheering and happiness to finally be able to get together. It came shortly after Biden saying the pandemic is after so it seems he is their leader.

Old 09-29-2022, 08:31 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Looks like the poop data is showing an uptick towards the levels we say this past spring.

https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm

Old 09-29-2022, 09:06 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Looks like the poop data is showing an uptick towards the levels we say this past spring.

https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm
A bit alarming. But the power of peer pressure and "perceptions" of safety are so strong right now. I got my bivalent booster, and generally still mask, but have definitely let my guard down as far as attending crowded venues of late.

Old 09-29-2022, 09:15 AM

I was just surprised my workplace was so open and excited about this get together considering how cautious theyve been. I mean school just started a few weeks ago for colleges, high school, elementary schools...i don't think we've felt the full effects of all these gatherings yet.

I'm not saying students shouldn't be going back to school by any means...but sadly work parties might a thing of the past. Most people aren't looking to commute in to spend time with colleagues to possibly get sick. I think most are willing to take chances on certain things...for me that's not one of them.

Old 09-29-2022, 09:24 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I was just surprised my workplace was so open and excited about this get together considering how cautious theyve been. I mean school just started a few weeks ago for colleges, high school, elementary schools...i don't think we've felt the full effects of all these gatherings yet.

I'm not saying students shouldn't be going back to school by any means...but sadly work parties might a thing of the past. Most people aren't looking to commute in to spend time with colleagues to possibly get sick. I think most are willing to take chances on certain things...for me that's not one of them.
Getting "sick" now means a souped-up cold.

Old 09-29-2022, 09:41 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Getting "sick" now means a souped-up cold.
But many people dont want to go to an event if it means getting a cold. I can remember before covid being annoyed when someone came into the office sick...or if someone let their kids go to school sick. I dont think any of that will be changing now other than people will choose to be more cautious about where they go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts