Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2023, 04:57 PM

23,625 posts, read 18,749,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
msRB311 nailed it. It doesn't affect me directly but it looks strange. The only way it effects me is that somehow it's an indirect statement that I "don't care" or am callous. As late as last fall I overheard staff in my office saying "he doesn't mask, doesn't take any precautions, only cares about himself."

Do you hear voices in your head? If you truly feel that what another dons is an affront to yourself, you likely have some underlying guilt issues that would be best addressed by a professional.

Regardless of how "strange" it might look, I'd probably rather see what msRB311 saw than the woman in pajamas and slippers or the beer belly dude in a wife beater (or a multitude of other outfits I am subjected to out in public). But neither really have any effect on me. Now the jerk taking up an entire aisle with their one carriage...

Growing older, one of the greatest things I've learned is to not dwell on those things that don't affect me at all. It amazes me how some never achieve this milestone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2023, 05:13 PM

16,446 posts, read 8,242,983 times
I think the fact remains that the woman in the mask is afraid of getting sick and that seems to irk some people.

Old 06-04-2023, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I think the fact remains that the woman in the mask is afraid of getting sick and that seems to irk some people.
Correct. And that I find more strange than the woman being cautious (whether it's excessive or not).

Old 06-04-2023, 05:27 PM

3,632 posts, read 1,862,400 times
Quote:
I saw a woman in the grocery store today in a big winter coat, hood and mask covering most of her face. It doesn't affect me at all other than I notice it and it looks bizarre to me. If someone else thinks that looks completely normal at this point then good for them.
It did feel a little winterish outside today lol maybe they were cold?!

Old 06-04-2023, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
It did feel a little winterish outside today lol maybe they were cold?!
Especially if one has health issues going on.

Heck I know some perfectly healthy, but thin blooded people who will be wearing a jacket while I am down to a t-shirt. Whatever.

Old 06-04-2023, 05:30 PM

3,632 posts, read 1,862,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Do you hear voices in your head? If you truly feel that what another dons is an affront to yourself, you likely have some underlying guilt issues that would be best addressed by a professional.

Regardless of how "strange" it might look, I'd probably rather see what msRB311 saw than the woman in pajamas and slippers or the beer belly dude in a wife beater (or a multitude of other outfits I am subjected to out in public). But neither really have any effect on me. Now the jerk taking up an entire aisle with their one carriage...

Growing older, one of the greatest things I've learned is to not dwell on those things that don't affect me at all. It amazes me how some never achieve this milestone.
Yes, the jerks that take up the aisle with their carriage are annoying as anything....I experienced that earlier today. I did witness some considerate people in the parking lot though who actually brought their carts back to the corral and they weren't that close to the corral either.....so that was a refreshing change vs those who just leave them to blow in the wind and then they ding a nearby car.

I did see a handful of people wearing masks in the store too....it didn't bother me.

Old 06-04-2023, 06:31 PM

35,098 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Quote:
Correct. And that I find more strange than the woman being cautious (whether it's excessive or not).
Or unless she's trying to shame others.

Old 06-04-2023, 06:34 PM

16,446 posts, read 8,242,983 times
It just looked weird seeing someone in a winter coat with a mask on in the grocery store in June.

Old 06-04-2023, 06:45 PM

37,117 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
It is much more likely that she is concerned about her own health.

Old 06-04-2023, 07:03 PM

Quote:

All I have to say is that if this lady is undergoing cancer treatment or at high risk for some other reason, that she does what she needs to protect herself even if it risks hurting your feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts