Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2023, 10:04 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
How would they know their wasn't natural immunity, because they said that after 6 months so they could push a shot. Meanwhile, they consistently used the excuse they don't know anything about the virus, but apparently knew enough to suggest masking and that they could all of a sudden make a vaxx for coronivirus which they never did in over 40 years.
Do you not understand that this was a never seen before virus?

No one ever claimed there was no "natural immunity". It turns out that "natural immunity" wanes, just as immunity from vaccination does.

It took time to show that the virus could spread in the air. That is when masks were recommended for the general public.

MRNA vaccine research had just reached a point where using it for covid was feasible.

Quote:
By the way, the entire point of a "vaccine" is to push your body towards a natural immunity, so why wouldn't natural infection work the same way.
No one ever claimed that being infected would not produce immunity. It just turns out not to be long lasting.

Quote:
Just look at the statistics, the average age of death was around 80 and young people weren't sick for more than a few days. It was a bad flu for many. Not saying some didn't struggle with it, but the stats show it just wasn't deadly for anyone reasonably healthy under 60. No reason to take an experimental shot for people with next to zero risk. Many had a higher risk of dying in a car accident.
Covid was the third leading cause of death in the US in 2020 and 2021, and fourth in 2022. Pretending it is not a serious disease does not make it so.

So you do not count if you are over 60 or not healthy? A big chunk of the US population is not healthy.

Over 275,000 deaths in the US were people under age 65.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...vid-by-age-us/

Quote:
Oh, and if no natural immunity to a virus, then no vaccine or anything would work...so why lock down or do anything if we have no control. But this wasn't about the virus, it was about control over us, because humans have yet to stop or control a virus.
There is no claim that there is "no natural immunity to a virus".

Yes, humans have been able to stop and control viruses: with vaccines.

Smallpox has been eradicated. Rinderpest, an animal virus, has been eradicated.

Polio can be eradicated. It would happen quickly if certain countries could get certain ethnic groups to cooperate.

Some viruses have been eliminated on a country wide basis. Measles and rubella no longer circulate in the wild in the US.

Quote:
They will create a new pandemic. But general theory is the more deadly a virus is the harder it is for the virus to spread. If people die quickly the virus dies quickly also.
Who are "they"? There is no convincing evidence that covid is manmade.

It is to the advantage of a virus not to kill its host too quickly, but some still do it. Consider Ebola.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2023, 07:55 AM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Sorry, I will agree with you
^ This is a response to your own post.

Old 06-04-2023, 08:07 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Big Phma. will never kill off Covid or its variations . You never kill the Golden Calf. Above all, pharmaceuticals is a business.
We had a dusting of snow last night and have to go clean the guests cars off. ,be sure to wear your masks Lol.

Old 06-04-2023, 09:08 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Who are "they"? There is no convincing evidence that covid is manmade.

It is to the advantage of a virus not to kill its host too quickly, but some still do it. Consider Ebola.
That statement alone, tells you all you need to know about the whackadoodle camp that still exists out there.

Old 06-04-2023, 02:58 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
They will create a new pandemic. But general theory is the more deadly a virus is the harder it is for the virus to spread. If people die quickly the virus dies quickly also.
For a while I thought so, and did see click-bait about the newest "scariant." I think that few are in the mood for another lockdown.

That being said yesterday I saw a person walking her dog with a mask on, a good 100 yards from the nearest other person. Go figure.

Old 06-04-2023, 03:00 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
For a while I thought so, and did see click-bait about the newest "scariant." I think that few are in the mood for another lockdown.

That being said yesterday I saw a person walking her dog with a mask on, a good 100 yards from the nearest other person. Go figure.
Maybe she has another reason to wear a mask.

https://www.uclahealth.org/news/seas...ask-for-relief

Old 06-04-2023, 03:20 PM

18,728 posts, read 33,402,036 times
Quote:
F...
I know people who wear masks for pollen and other allergies.

Old 06-04-2023, 03:20 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,730,403 times
Quote:

How on earth does that affect you? Please tell me that's not the worst human behavior you witnessed in the past 24 hours.

Old 06-04-2023, 04:19 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
I saw a woman in the grocery store today in a big winter coat, hood and mask covering most of her face. It doesn't affect me at all other than I notice it and it looks bizarre to me. If someone else thinks that looks completely normal at this point then good for them.

Old 06-04-2023, 04:33 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Quote:
How on earth does that affect you? Please tell me that's not the worst human behavior you witnessed in the past 24 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I saw a woman in the grocery store today in a big winter coat, hood and mask covering most of her face. It doesn't affect me at all other than I notice it and it looks bizarre to me. If someone else thinks that looks completely normal at this point then good for them.
msRB311 nailed it. It doesn't affect me directly but it looks strange. The only way it effects me is that somehow it's an indirect statement that I "don't care" or am callous. As late as last fall I overheard staff in my office saying "he doesn't mask, doesn't take any precautions, only cares about himself."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts