Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2020, 11:52 AM

18,715 posts, read 33,376,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
... Some Cat scans and tests later, it was determined she still had blood clots and damage in her lungs. Still being treated for that now. Again, she was 61 with no prior conditions. Very healthy woman.
The blood clots seem unique to COVID-caused and apparently can occur in many areas of the body. I believe I read that the lung clots are the reason people can have a crashed oxygen saturation with COVID and still not feel air hunger/lack of oxygen, and why ventilators are not the treatment of choice for severe breathing problems in COVID.

So good that she is up and around. It surely is a very mean illness regardless of age or whatever, and a very careful recovery. Be well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 11:57 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,778,099 times
Appears that the riots spread into Back Bay last night, wasn't just in DTX. Bunch of store windows got smashed.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:28 PM

875 posts, read 663,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
The blood clots seem unique to COVID-caused and apparently can occur in many areas of the body. I believe I read that the lung clots are the reason people can have a crashed oxygen saturation with COVID and still not feel air hunger/lack of oxygen, and why ventilators are not the treatment of choice for severe breathing problems in COVID.

So good that she is up and around. It surely is a very mean illness regardless of age or whatever, and a very careful recovery. Be well.
Yes, this clotting presentation may be unique to COVID - one hypothesis, among others, is that the virus attacks endothelial cells that line the blood vessels due to high expression of the ACE2 receptor

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01403-8

Old 06-01-2020, 01:10 PM

Oh goodie, there's an outbreak of Ebola in the Congo.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:32 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,810,469 times
I had a feeling this would happen.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/05/...t-stuck-limbo/

"Yasmine Badawi, a student at Boston Architectural College, has been apartment-hunting from her home in Egypt, where she returned when the school shut down in March. She has spent many hours scouring listings online and e-mailing brokers and landlords. But she is also waiting to learn whether her classes this fall will be in-person or online. If it’s the latter, she could save thousands of dollars by staying in Egypt.

“I’m planning to come back, but I don’t know when,” Badawi said. “I’m confused. Right now, I guess I would say I’m stalling, hoping to find something that will be flexible.”

A lot of people, landlords included, seem to be taking that approach.

Demetrios Salpoglou, who runs the real estate website Boston Pads and several large apartment leasing firms in the region, closely tracks listing data on more than 150,000 units in the city. More of them, he said, are vacant than is usual for this time of year: 1.5 percent, compared with 0.9 percent last May. The share of units available for lease in the coming months is up, too, at 7.4 percent, compared with 5.2 percent at this time last year. Some landlords Salpoglou talks with are holding off on advertising their units until schools settle on their fall semester plans."

Students can't come back if they can't fly back and if there are classes in the flesh. If there's just online classes why bother coming? Academia has about a month to plan for this. To flatten the time frame further would be crazy. If Boston already cancelled the marathon what would make moving in any more safer at this point?

Old 06-01-2020, 03:51 PM

18,715 posts, read 33,376,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
I didn't think it ever truly ended there.

I worry big time about the many childhood vaccinations that aren't happening in many places, because of people's fear of going to a medical setting and/or the public health resources being spent on COVID.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:18 PM

https://www.mass.gov/doc/reopening-p...order/download

Baker just posted an update to the Order about what can reopen in which phase. Of note, Retail and Day Camps are on the Phase 2 list. No mention of increased % for offices though.

There is no Date given.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:33 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,921,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I didn't think it ever truly ended there.

I worry big time about the many childhood vaccinations that aren't happening in many places, because of people's fear of going to a medical setting and/or the public health resources being spent on COVID.
Even during the scariest time of the lockdown phase they were still giving scheduled vaccinations. My daughters have similar birthdays so we schedule their annual visits at the same time. My 6 year old had hers moved to next week (from late March) while my 4 year old still had hers in March because she was schedule for vaccinations.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:54 PM

15,789 posts, read 20,487,959 times
https://www.mass.gov/doc/covid-19-da...-2020/download

Latest dashboard. They changed how they report cases so an additional 3k have been added dating back to March.

MA has passed 100k cases. That’s more than Canada or Mexico

Old 06-01-2020, 04:58 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
There has been an outgoing outbreak since 2018 in the Congo called the Kivu outbreak. Nothing new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts