Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2021, 02:48 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Look, no one cares if you want to join the 700,000. Problem is, by doing that you’re also increasing everyone else’s chances of joining those 700,000 by letting the virus spread and mutate. This is similar to suicide - you’re more than welcome to blow your brains out or chomp down a bucket of pills in the privacy of your own home but we don’t want you taking a nosedive off an overpass onto a busy highway.
https://obits.oregonlive.com/us/obit...?pid=200278331
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 03:56 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,074,486 times
Over 100,000,000 were vaccinated, one died. Under 50,000,000 were infected, over 700,000 died.

Also didn’t god-emperor himself tell you to get the vaccine, or is he no longer god-emperor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post

Last edited by WestieWhitie; 10-03-2021 at 04:05 PM..

Old 10-03-2021, 06:39 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Utter BS claim. I know NO ONE who has "long haul symptoms" 12 months after getting this virus, and if the probability of getting "long haul Covid" (such a dumb, Newspeak term -- it's post-viral syndrome, like every other virus has) actually were 49%, then it would be nearly impossible for me not to know of someone to whom this happened.

So we can believe that, in essence, I flipped a coin two dozen or so times and it landed heads every time, or we can cut the BS and clarify that nowhere near 49% of people who get this virus are still being affected by it 12 months after infection. Ball's in your court.
Oh, so the authority has spoken?

Well, I happen to know 3. But I would never dream of extrapolating personal anecdotal evidence into a generalization. That's what medical statistics are for.

Old 10-03-2021, 06:41 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
I am not anti vax. I'm anti covid vax. The other older vaccines worked in a different way. There are concerns by doctors and scientists about antibody dependant enhancement.
You're barking up the wrong tree. 96+% of doctors in the US have been vaccinated. There are fringe elements in every profession.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:20 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Over 100,000,000 were vaccinated, one died. Under 50,000,000 were infected, over 700,000 died.

Also didn’t god-emperor himself tell you to get the vaccine, or is he no longer god-emperor?
I don't care who tells me to get the vaccine I am not doing it. its not political but due to research. more than one person died from the vaccine. let's be conservative and say 50 thousand. even if one person dies then coercion is wrong because it has risks no matter how small they may be.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:36 PM

I really, really, really hope you’re trolling, otherwise the script of Idiocracy is the best outcome we can possibly hope for.

Quote:
I don't care who tells me to get the vaccine I am not doing it. its not political but due to research. more than one person died from the vaccine. let's be conservative and say 50 thousand. even if one person dies then coercion is wrong because it has risks no matter how small they may be.

Old 10-04-2021, 12:48 AM

962 posts, read 469,724 times
Quote:

Old 10-04-2021, 04:14 AM

12,452 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
You're barking up the wrong tree. 96+% of doctors in the US have been vaccinated. There are fringe elements in every profession.
That is the strange orientation of the conspiracy lovers - they reject, without any evidence to give them reason, the views of mainstream scientists and doctors around the world and all the data they present, simply asserting that they are all participating in a variety of far-fetched conspiracies and can't be believed. But they are wide open to contrary views from a small number of outliers, despite the far fewer and far weaker scraps of evidence supporting these contrary views from far fewer dissenters - some of them in fact have no evidence at all, they just assert fallacies with no proof and with both proof and common sense that contradicts their assertions. It doesn't make any sense.

Old 10-04-2021, 05:36 AM

2,948 posts, read 5,195,279 times
Default Quincy has no mask mandate...no big worry? 10-4-21

Hmmm...I'm a bit disturbed because my city of Quincy does not have a mask mandate.

Sure, the Walgreens staff in North Quincy has had to re-mask in recent weeks, but not customers. I think it's a company decision, not a city mandate. There's a big sign in the entrance window, but it's a bit confusing to me, as it kind of implies masks are recommended or maybe mandatory (?) based on any local conditions. If Quincy has no requirement, then it should be removed, as I don't think it's clear to customers. But I think it's a generic sign, anyway, that Walgreens uses all over the country regardless of local conditions.

Same at Stop & Shop in North Quincy: it displays a big sign at the entrance, but it's just a suggestion/recommendation.

Quincy has about 100,000 residents, and is the 8th or maybe 10th largest city in the state. (Surprised it's so high a population, as it feels to me like a big town, in a good way.)

I think Quincy should get with the times, be a bit more progressive...and set a better example! Silly me?

I am in Boston, Cambridge, Somerville and Watertown regularly, and they've all gone back to masks weeks ago. I think Belmont did so even earlier.

Am I simply too hyper, too Karen-like, when it's possibly no big deal anymore to some or most locals nowadays?

Yes, I do see some or many patrons in Quincy stores wearing masks, but certainly not all. But I do see a fair number outdoors walking with masks (seems all Chinese in Quincy do so regardless of age).

If I'm mistaken about no mask mandate in Quincy, please correct me.

Anybody applaud any no mask requirements in stores in your town or all towns at this point?

Would it bother you if your food delivery driver showed up at your door, or even left the order contactless on the porch, without a mask? Give him/her/"they-their" a bad rating and no tip?

Old 10-04-2021, 05:48 AM

Don’t go full Karen on those fully vaccinated who are sick and tired of wearing masks, go full Karen on those refusing to get vaccinated because billgates 5g chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Hmmm...I'm a bit disturbed because my city of Quincy does not have a mask mandate.

Sure, the Walgreens staff in North Quincy has had to re-mask in recent weeks, but not customers. I think it's a company decision, not a city mandate. There's a big sign in the entrance window, but it's a bit confusing to me, as it kind of implies masks are recommended or maybe mandatory (?) based on any local conditions. If Quincy has no requirement, then it should be removed, as I don't think it's clear to customers. But I think it's a generic sign, anyway, that Walgreens uses all over the country regardless of local conditions.

Same at Stop & Shop in North Quincy: it displays a big sign at the entrance, but it's just a suggestion/recommendation.

Quincy has about 100,000 residents, and is the 8th or maybe 10th largest city in the state. (Surprised it's so high a population, as it feels to me like a big town, in a good way.)

I think Quincy should get with the times, be a bit more progressive...and set a better example! Silly me?

I am in Boston, Cambridge, Somerville and Watertown regularly, and they've all gone back to masks weeks ago. I think Belmont did so even earlier.

Am I simply too hyper, too Karen-like, when it's possibly no big deal anymore to some or most locals nowadays?

Yes, I do see some or many patrons in Quincy stores wearing masks, but certainly not all. But I do see a fair number outdoors walking with masks (seems all Chinese in Quincy do so regardless of age).

If I'm mistaken about no mask mandate in Quincy, please correct me.

Anybody applaud any no mask requirements in stores in your town or all towns at this point?

Would it bother you if your food delivery driver showed up at your door, or even left the order contactless on the porch, without a mask? Give him/her/"they-their" a bad rating and no tip?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts