Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you for or against vaccine passports in massechusetts?
I am for vaccine passports 33 46.48%
I am against vaccine passports 38 53.52%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 10:18 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,529,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Another one who dishonestly equates taking a couple shots to actually rid the community of a pathogen to taking shots indefinitely even though said shots have shown no indication they will ever eliminate the pathogen even at a local level, AND having to show proof of current shots for everyday life activities.
I am very much in support of your everyday life activities being curtailed. Science is trying to keep you safe, and history will laugh at you. Yr sheep body, not yr choice, just take the shot like you did when you were in elementary school - it’s utterly sickening folks don’t care that a major metro area is dead. (well only 1% die aka ur ok with 3.3 million dead Americans that’s cool)

Old 01-06-2022, 10:21 PM

4,661 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCMA View Post
I am very much in support of your everyday life activities being curtailed. Science is trying to keep you safe, and history will laugh at you. Yr sheep body, not yr choice, just take the shot like you did when you were in elementary school - it’s utterly sickening folks don’t care that a major metro area is dead. (well only 1% die aka ur ok with 3.3 million dead Americans that’s cool)
I won't, and as I explained in my previous post, this is nothing like taking your shots when you were a kid, no matter how many times you repeat the mendacious propaganda that they're exactly the same.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:24 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
You would be mistaken sir, I never made any so called case for vaccine passports. It was you who made the outlandish claim that they would provide "zero benefit" (meaning to no one). I can at least admit that such a measure would leave some behind. Are you claiming that grandmothers and front line workers are expendable and irrelevant to society, then???
You would have somewhat of a case if the vaccine stopped transmission but it doesn't. Gibraltar was 140 percent vaccinated meaning not only is everyone vaccinated but many had 3 shots versus one. This is why they are explained to be 140 percent vaccinated. They had major outbreaks. There is another example of a huge party where everyone is vaccinated and they had a outbreak.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Average Tenant, why do you think you're so special that you don't need to follow the rules?
This is not about me but preserving American rights and preventing a authoritarian government. Some of the worst acts in history was done by following the rules

Old 01-06-2022, 11:52 PM

1,546 posts, read 870,399 times
It saves lives it's worth it.

Old 01-07-2022, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
It saves lives it's worth it.
Thousands are dying from the vaccine. A 3 year old in Argentina died the next day after the vaccine of a heart attack. You mandate the vaccine you kill people period. At Columbia university they did a study and a 150 thousand have died from the vaccine. 13 and 15 year olds are dropping dead.

A conservative estimate of deaths is 20 thousand from the vaccine.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 01-07-2022 at 04:31 AM..

Old 01-07-2022, 05:17 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Being unvaccinated isn't a protected class. Furthermore most of what you can do in person can be done online. 150,000 did not die if vaccine. Please if you say a place said something put a link. Otherwise this looks like AOL.

I guess you don't look up either

Old 01-07-2022, 06:23 AM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
At Columbia university they did a study and a 150 thousand have died from the vaccine.

Quote:
A conservative estimate of deaths is 20 thousand from the vaccine.

Which is it?

(probably neither)

Old 01-07-2022, 06:28 AM

170 posts, read 291,298 times
Quote:
you never needed them for a gym, a restaurant, a concert, public buildings. I am curious if the left will use the vaccine passport to prevent people from voting. i would not be surprised. in Boston, you need to be vaccinated to enter any public building and I assume its places where people vote. This is not starting until January 15th and mayor wu had people furious drowning her out with sirens and chants during her swearing in.
Classic right-wing moonbat behavior to be more concerned about hypothetical fascism than the literal fascism their party supports.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:14 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,026,395 times
It depends on what you mean by "vaccine passport." I'm not for a sweeping government mandate that if you're unvaccinated, you have to essentially quarantine at home indefinitely. The City of Boston mandate doesn't nearly go that far. It's essentially limited to entertainment and some fitness activities. My only real issue with the Boston mandate is that it puts businesses in a tough spot - not all of them have to the capacity to easily enforce the mandate. My preference would be to continue to allow businesses to choose whether or not they wanted to enact such requirements.

But in reality, a vaccine passport is likely going to just be digital proof that you're vaccinated. I don't see larger scale mandates like the ones in Boston, NYC, Chicago, SF, etc. really becoming much more widespread than what we're currently seeing. I'm fine with the U.S. and other countries requiring vaccines for entry (this was standard practice with other vaccines in much of the world long before COVID), and I'm OK with a business that chooses to require proof of vaccination. In both cases, I imagine the number of places with those requirements will eventually decline with time. The talk about passports being used to "not allow unvaccinated to vote or participate in society" is loony tunes talk.

Last edited by lrfox; 01-07-2022 at 07:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts