Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you for or against vaccine passports in massechusetts?
I am for vaccine passports 33 46.48%
I am against vaccine passports 38 53.52%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 08:02 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
it is medical discrimination. I listen to lawyers online. could you refuse someone because they are hiv positive? no, so you should not be able to refuse someone that is not vaccinated. you are assuming they are sick and contagious. the lawyer that explains this well is Robert Barnes. there are lawsuits going on against the vaccine mandates and passports.
Thanks for the deep thoughts.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:19 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,772,573 times
Sheesh O.P., this is the umpteenth post/thread that you've brought up the topic of vaccines and vaccine restrictions. It's as if you're not merely irritated by vaccine passports, vaccine mandates, and vaccines in general, you're becoming nearly paranoid about it. The mere mention of "the Left" in your last post lends credence that you believe this is some sort of left wing conspiracy to turn Boston and presumably the entire Commonwealth of Massachusetts into some dystopian Orwellian society in which everyone has to comply with government mandates and rules. Well get it out of your head then because it is not true. These vaccine passports have more to do with public health measures than political affiliation. It's not just communities in Massachusetts or the US moreover that are enacting vaccine passports, European countries have had them much earlier and Canada, our neighbor to the north has implemented them too. If you think that this is some sort of political ploy to deprive us of our citizen rights, well it could have happened decades ago. Yet unlike say Jim Crow laws, we're still able to participate in society as free citizens even with things like vaccine passports. No one is taking away your right to vote, to drink from a public fountain, to wear blue, to listen to rock music, or to speak English right? You mentioned in the Massachusetts Coronavirus thread that you have a health interest which precludes you from getting a vaccine. Did you ever think of looking for ways to get an exemption to vaccine rules?

For the matter, I am ambivalent towards vaccine passports because I do not own a business. If a vaccine passport policy is enacted, so be it. To me, it's no more than showing the bus driver my transit pass or showing my passport or driver's license to get into an airport. If no vaccine passport policy is enacted, then that's all right too. If I wanted to patronize an establishment and forgot my card, well "my bad", it's on me that's all. Had I been a business owner, I'd probably support a vaccine passport policy much more and not just a local policy but a regional or statewide policy because I would want all customers to be treated the same. I also wished we kept up with the 21st century and implemented electronic or digital passports because merely showing a paper card that can easily be counterfeited is so 1980.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:25 PM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
depends on how old you are whether you needed them for schooling, or work, or any other activity except travel to certain parts of the world. Im very against vaccine passports, I dont care what state or fed govt wants. People need to get a backbone and stand up to their govt.

Would this be the worst violation of your rights you have experienced living in this state and country?

Old 01-06-2022, 08:31 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Would this be the worst violation of your rights you have experienced living in this state and country?
If so, that would represent tremendous privilege. And maybe that's what you're getting at.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
If so, that would represent tremendous privilege. And maybe that's what you're getting at.

Well even speaking as a middle-income white male, I can say with a great level of confidence that my individual "rights" have been violated to a far greater extent than having a vaccine passport as a means to receiving non entitled benefits.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:55 PM

4,665 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Well even speaking as a middle-income white male, I can say with a great level of confidence that my individual "rights" have been violated to a far greater extent than having a vaccine passport as a means to receiving non entitled benefits.
We're calling daily life activities "non entitled benefits" now? Really? That's how hard we're gonna work to talk around the truth that humanity has never seen anything like the system of biosecurity checkpoints and restrictions that has begun taking foot in certain places?

"Non entitled benefits." Going to church. Eating in a restaurant. Going bowling. Seeing a loved one in the hospital. Where I come from, those are just called human activities...or "life," for short.

Although if you correctly refer to these things that way, instead of with ridiculous Newspeak like "non entitled benefits," then it begins to dawn on you that no, these things were not ever made conditional in the way that they're made now in some places. Maybe the Newspeak is to stop people from having that realization...

Old 01-06-2022, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
We're calling daily life activities "non entitled benefits" now? Really? That's how hard we're gonna work to talk around the truth that humanity has never seen anything like the system of biosecurity checkpoints and restrictions that has begun taking foot in certain places?

"Non entitled benefits." Going to church. Eating in a restaurant. Going bowling. Seeing a loved one in the hospital. Where I come from, those are just called human activities...or "life," for short.

Although if you correctly refer to these things that way, instead of with ridiculous Newspeak like "non entitled benefits," then it begins to dawn on you that no, these things were not ever made conditional in the way that they're made now in some places. Maybe the Newspeak is to stop people from having that realization...

What about you? Would this also be the greatest violation of your personal rights that you've experienced (serious question, and does not necessarily conclude that the passport isn't overstepping a bit)?

Also, do I not have "rights" as a business owner or church congregation, etc. to guarantee to certain level of safety to my customers/patients/patrons, etc.?

Last edited by massnative71; 01-06-2022 at 09:16 PM..

Old 01-06-2022, 09:15 PM

4,665 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
What about you? Would this also be the greatest violation of your personal rights that you've experienced (serious question, and does not necessarily conclude that the passport isn't overstepping a bit)?
It is an encumbrance on basic life activities that doesn't appear to confer any benefit to humanity. So it doesn't matter what my answer is -- the passports are a bad idea.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
It is an encumbrance on basic life activities that doesn't appear to confer any benefit to humanity. So it doesn't matter what my answer is -- the passports are a bad idea.

It totally matters to the point I was trying to get at with that other poster. But fwiw, there are lots and lots of "encumbrances" on "basic life activities" that also don't appear to confer any benefit to humanity that I don't see people throwing a hissy fit over. That it's a "bad idea" is certainly debatable. The "any" benefit to humanity part holds no merit.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:23 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Average Tenant, why do you think you're so special that you don't need to follow the rules?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts