Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2022, 08:05 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times

Advertisements

Traffic is outrageous. It's worse now than ever .Gas has not kept people from driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 08:57 AM

5,109 posts, read 2,666,387 times
Where you will see the decline in driving is not in affluent areas where people are running around locally doing whatever, and where people are commuting for work, but on trips for pleasure and unneeded long distance driving. The person who needs to commute for work, will continue to. The person who is driving from Charlestown to Quincy to shop at a specific store will continue to and they will be taking up space on the Expressway. Just because you see traffic on certain roadways around Boston doesn't mean people are not cutting back unnecessary long distance road trips.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:53 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Where you will see the decline in driving is not in affluent areas where people are running around locally doing whatever, and where people are commuting for work, but on trips for pleasure and unneeded long distance driving. The person who needs to commute for work, will continue to. The person who is driving from Charlestown to Quincy to shop at a specific store will continue to and they will be taking up space on the Expressway. Just because you see traffic on certain roadways around Boston doesn't mean people are not cutting back unnecessary long distance road trips.
It might be vacations that are being put off or instead of traveling to other states a family might choose a shorter trip. On the news people have said they are not visiting family in other states because of the gas prices.

Old 06-16-2022, 04:08 PM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Traffic is outrageous. It's worse now than ever .Gas has not kept people from driving.
Because people are driving to their 2nd and 3rd jobs to pay for the soaring price of gas.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:40 AM

2,947 posts, read 5,191,791 times
I saw a sad report in St. Petersburg or Tampa that high gas prices have prevented some from going to the food bank! I think some type of bus shuttle has been set up in a convenient spot for some to give rides to the food pantry to several riders at once.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:32 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
It might be vacations that are being put off or instead of traveling to other states a family might choose a shorter trip. On the news people have said they are not visiting family in other states because of the gas prices.
Yes I'm one of them that has decided not to drive up from Florida to Mass this summer. I was going to fly but I have never had such a horrible time getting flights. There are tickets I went to buy for what are outrageous to begin with. When I go to pay for it a caption comes up that has read. Price has gone up pay another $100. That was on those travel sites. Or the dates to go are all sold out. So I'd then think about driving until I thought what a ridiculous cost for gas and tolls it would be roundtrip. So no trip for me.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:33 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times
I'm so glad I was able to get a PHEV this year. I only fill up 1 tank of gas per month on average now. We have deposits on a BEV for our second car. It will be nice to charge for free at work and not have to pay for gas.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:38 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
PHEV is definitely a good choice, especially if you cover long distances with family from time to time. I'm awaiting arrival of my new Bolt. Should be much cheaper to run than my Grand Marquis.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:53 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
I'm trying to convince the wife she would look great in a Mach-E. So far it's not working

My car is running me average $200-300 in repairs a month in DIY dollars and my time (which i value more) now so it's time to replace it as it's passing 150K miles. I'm just kicking the can down the road due to gas prices and economic uncertainty.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:33 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I'm trying to convince the wife she would look great in a Mach-E. So far it's not working

My car is running me average $200-300 in repairs a month in DIY dollars and my time (which i value more) now so it's time to replace it as it's passing 150K miles. I'm just kicking the can down the road due to gas prices and economic uncertainty.
That is exactly what is happening to me right now, tired of giving up my days off to maintenance. If you have any interest in getting an EV I would put in an order asap. Or any car for that matter. I reserved a VW id.4 back in January and haven't heard a single update since then. I got lucky with the Bolt being incoming dealer stock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts