Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2022, 11:01 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post

The way the price cuts were done was stupid. You get much more impact reducing the price $40K every month than $20K every two weeks. Again, I have no idea what's happening on the Cape but at this point they could be chasing a declining market. The only way to fix that problem is with a giant price cut to get ahead of the market and create an attractive value proposition for potential buyers to get them back in the door.

I bought my house in 2009 for a bit more than half the original listing price. It had 7 price cuts in 10 months. A combination of an absurd initial price and a declining market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2022, 01:15 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I could really care less what happens with this house.
Yet you cared enough to state you think it should become a hotel.

And it's "I couldn't care less..." in order to convey what you really wanted to say.

Old 12-12-2022, 01:40 PM

16,398 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Yet you cared enough to state you think it should become a hotel.

And it's "I couldn't care less..." in order to convey what you really wanted to say.
It's weird to me that you would argue with me saying that it should become a hotel. So you think it's no big deal that someone built this monster on the beach for their own personal use (or not)?

At the end of the day yes, I don't really care what happens to it. Let it just sit there.

Old 12-12-2022, 02:09 PM

3,620 posts, read 1,844,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
Why do they even make homes this big?

Michael Jordan's Chicago home has been on the market for like ten years.
It is a stunning home and tastefully done compared to some of the tacky/gaudy looking mansions you sometimes see but yeah 15,000+ sq ft is a lot of house, especially if that's just your vacation home. I guess when you have that kind of $$ you need something to spend it on. Problem is how many other folks out there actually have that same kind of $$ and would want to take that house off their hands? I'd imagine it could be more of a pain in the a** than a luxury if the owners truly don't want the house anymore. However, seeing as there have been no price reductions in almost a year maybe they were just playing the market to see if anyone would bite on their 'dream' price tag of $30 mil.

Old 12-12-2022, 04:02 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It's weird to me that you would argue with me saying that it should become a hotel. So you think it's no big deal that someone built this monster on the beach for their own personal use (or not)?

At the end of the day yes, I don't really care what happens to it. Let it just sit there.
I wasn't arguing but merely expressing that what you suggested wouldn't happen as zoning would prevent it.

Old 12-12-2022, 04:20 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
When i hit the lotto for $1Bil again, that's the one i'm gonng buy.
Again??? Care to loan me some cash?

Old 12-12-2022, 06:08 PM

$2.1 mil in Weymouth....solid double yellow road with little set back from the street, but you do get water views. Close to the Hingham line but problem is this isn't Hingham. This is Weymouth at Hingham pricing. Not loving this house or the design choices. Apparently no one else is either as it's already had a ~$200K price cut and no takers yet.

https://www.redfin.com/MA/Weymouth/9.../home/11502372

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-13-2022 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: realtor site

Old 12-12-2022, 08:21 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
$2.1 mil in Weymouth....solid double yellow road with little set back from the street, but you do get water views. Close to the Hingham line but problem is this isn't Hingham. This is Weymouth at Hingham pricing. Not loving this house or the design choices. Apparently no one else is either as it's already had a ~$200K price cut and no takers yet.

https://www.redfin.com/MA/Weymouth/9.../home/11502372

I don't mind the home as a whole, but they really did throw every finishing style at the wall and take whatever stuck, didn't they? Individually the tile wall would look fantastic (to me anyway) but not next to a stone wall which doesn't match the backsplash which leaves the kitchen way too white for me. Weird driveway too - the fence in the middle looks like it should be a gate.

You are definitely paying for the water view and beach access with that home.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-13-2022 at 04:34 AM..

Old 12-12-2022, 08:33 PM

16,398 posts, read 8,198,277 times
It is a nice home right on the water. Not everyone is after a top school system in a toney suburb

Old 12-12-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I don't mind the home as a whole, but they really did throw every finishing style at the wall and take whatever stuck, didn't they? Individually the tile wall would look fantastic (to me anyway) but not next to a stone wall which doesn't match the backsplash which leaves the kitchen way too white for me. Weird driveway too - the fence in the middle looks like it should be a gate.

You are definitely paying for the water view and beach access with that home.
I agree, I think that's what I'm not liking about the kitchen/living room. It's just not a good mix having the stone wall next to the tile wall. However, I do think by itself that tile wall would look great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts