Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 11:22 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times

Advertisements

Vehicle crashes into front of former luxury lingerie store in Boston

SUV crashes into front of former luxury lingerie store in Boston (wcvb.com)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 11:31 AM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgPH6ndndng

Old 06-06-2023, 04:28 PM

3,620 posts, read 1,844,995 times
https://www.wcvb.com/article/tractor...oston/44107379
This is why I avoid all large trucks and open bed carriers like the plague. I don't want them behind, next to or in front of me and I will pedal to the metal to get the heck away from them. Yet, I see plenty of folks who tailgate these things. Maybe they don't realize they could be toast pretty fast if something like sheets of glass came flying off.

Old 06-06-2023, 04:36 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
https://www.wcvb.com/article/tractor...oston/44107379
This is why I avoid all large trucks and open bed carriers like the plague. I don't want them behind, next to or in front of me and I will pedal to the metal to get the heck away from them. Yet, I see plenty of folks who tailgate these things. Maybe they don't realize they could be toast pretty fast if something like sheets of glass came flying off.

I love the $hitforbrains who will cut them off, as though they can just slam on their brakes (especially if they are loaded). Guess it's a form of natural selection. Hate to say it, but it honestly does feel like our gene pool can use a purge...

But unfortunately, all to often it will cause a pileup where innocent people get hurt or worse...and the guilty party will walk away with barely a scratch.

Old 06-06-2023, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I love the $hitforbrains who will cut them off, as though they can just slam on their brakes (especially if they are loaded). Guess it's a form of natural selection. Hate to say it, but it honestly does feel like our gene pool can use a purge...

But unfortunately, all to often it will cause a pileup where innocent people get hurt or worse...and the guilty party will walk away with barely a scratch.
That too. Then there are also some aggressive or OUI truckers who don't comprehend that they're driving a very dangerous, deadly weapon and will tailgate almost to the point of ramming someone out of their way. I've had that happen a couple times mostly on 495 and route 2. If I can't get away from them I always put my hazard blinkers on so that at least it draws attention in case of a crash I'll have some witnesses!

Old 06-06-2023, 07:54 PM

16,395 posts, read 8,198,277 times
https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/bos...ndale/44110601

Old 06-07-2023, 05:19 PM

People are getting pretty upset about Mayor Wu's accident:

https://tbdailynews.com/mayor-michel...e-from-report/

Certainly raises questions. She's talked about how she's all about the environment, using public transportation, bikes...but there she is in a police vehicle being chaufferred with the lights on. It's been admitted that it wasn't an emergency. It's understandable to not want to wait in traffic and if you can get around it, ok...but all her talk of public transit and biking is making her look pretty foolish right now. I guess it's only when she feels like it and otherwise she'll use her political presence to get to the office quickly even if it means smashing into someone else.

Old 06-07-2023, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
People are getting pretty upset about Mayor Wu's accident:

https://tbdailynews.com/mayor-michel...e-from-report/

Certainly raises questions. She's talked about how she's all about the environment, using public transportation, bikes...but there she is in a police vehicle being chaufferred with the lights on. It's been admitted that it wasn't an emergency. It's understandable to not want to wait in traffic and if you can get around it, ok...but all her talk of public transit and biking is making her look pretty foolish right now. I guess it's only when she feels like it and otherwise she'll use her political presence to get to the office quickly even if it means smashing into someone else.
One article I read was very careful to point out that the driver that hit them was traveling at a high rate of speed and didn't slow down even though the official's vehicle had sirens and lights flashing. They'll use that and say the other driver didn't yield to a police vehicle.

Old 06-07-2023, 05:28 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
One article I read was very careful to point out that the driver that hit them was traveling at a high rate of speed and didn't slow down even though the official's vehicle had sirens and lights flashing. They'll use that and say the other driver didn't yield to a police vehicle.
The video looked like it was the officers fault. I'll have to check again. Either way it makes her look bad in that she seemed to be saying public transit and biking should be for everyone else but not her. Lol.

Old 06-07-2023, 05:52 PM

I just looked at the video again. The driver did appear to be going fast but also the lights on the cop car seem to be in the back so I'm not sure how obvious they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts