Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2022, 04:09 PM

3,598 posts, read 1,821,989 times

Advertisements

Today's incident of the day....driving on route 3 toward Burlington in the middle lane minding my business as I always am and a guy in a construction type van w.NH plates merges on then cuts me off, no blinker. I laid on the horn then switched to the passing lane and passed him (did not get back in front him either...went further up ahead before I got back in other lane). Well Mr. Live Free or Die decided to follow me all the way off the exit for Rt 62 in Bedford. I pulled into a side street and lost him after he made it to a stop line and couldn't pull out into the main way after me because a car was coming. Folks like Mr. Live Free or Die do whatever dangerous moves on the road they want then it's like a screw gets really loose in their heads and it causes them to fly off the deep end.... all b/c they get honked at for their moronic driving behavior!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2022, 06:42 PM

3,971 posts, read 5,764,113 times
December is an outlier in terms of traffic accidents I think. Lots of people out and about running errands in preparation for the holidays or visiting family/friends, first snow or ice storm of the season has motorists unprepared, increase in traffic turns drivers impatient and aggressive, and so on. If you ask me which are the worst months to be on the road, I'd probably say September and December for different reasons.

Old 12-12-2022, 06:44 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times
They are all after me!! They are following ME off the exits!! I was just minding my own business! Thank goodness the light changed or he would have still been following me!

Old 12-12-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
December is an outlier in terms of traffic accidents I think. Lots of people out and about running errands in preparation for the holidays or visiting family/friends, first snow or ice storm of the season has motorists unprepared, increase in traffic turns drivers impatient and aggressive, and so on. If you ask me which are the worst months to be on the road, I'd probably say September and December for different reasons.
Yes, I think I'll be staying off the roads as much as I can the rest of this month. Too many nut jobs out and about.

Old 12-12-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
They are all after me!! They are following ME off the exits!! I was just minding my own business! Thank goodness the light changed or he would have still been following me!
To cut me off and then follow me because I beep at you when I clearly went out of my way to get away from you is an issue! No way was it a coincidence that this loon followed me through Bedford from Route 3 as long as he did. Much different than being behind someone at a light and following them on a main straight away drag for a couple miles before going on your way.

I was already a step ahead of him anyway...if I wasn't able to lose him when he got caught up at the stop line waiting for the other cars to pass before pulling out on the main drag, he would have ended up following me to the Bedford PD!

Old 12-12-2022, 07:07 PM

I'm sure he got off the highway just to follow you because you beeped your horn. I'm sure of it. He couldn't have been going that way anyway. He's got nothing else to do but follow people for blowing their horn.

Old 12-12-2022, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I'm sure he got off the highway just to follow you because you beeped your horn. I'm sure of it. He couldn't have been going that way anyway. He's got nothing else to do but follow people for blowing their horn.
After I beeped at him and switched to the passing lane I went up ahead then switched back to the middle lane to get away from him, why did the loon also switch lanes and then get back behind me tailgating (two times)? Then I take an exit and drive thru Bedford and there he is still behind me, miles later. Yep, that's normal alright.

Old 12-12-2022, 07:20 PM

Yes, no other vehicles are traveling the same route as you. Carry on.

Old 12-12-2022, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Yes, no other vehicles are traveling the same route as you. Carry on.
Being a moron and aggressively tailgating for miles after getting a honk for cutting someone off is not quite the same as someone who is coincidentally taking the same exit as you and then going on their merry way.

Old 12-12-2022, 07:35 PM

This is why I like to stay the heck away from tractor trailer drivers, especially ones who aggressively tailgate. This crash happened in NH but the trailer driver who caused the crash is from MA (ma**hole trucker sounds about right).https://www.wmur.com/article/dover-n...-1212/42220646
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts