Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2022, 07:29 PM

3,620 posts, read 1,844,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
No less than four vehicles in a row including a school bus went down the wrong direction on a one way street in my neighborhood earlier this evening. Nothing like that has ever happened before. Every once in a while a single vehicle perhaps but not four in a row. I tried to wave down the last two motorists and cried out "Dude! This is a one way street!" but they drove right past me. It seems that anything could go during the crazy month of December, everyone is just aggravated, impatient and in a hurry. That's why I don't like being out on the road before the Holidays.
Terrible and I bet if you were able to get their attention they'd probably lose their at you because how dare you call them out on something dangerous. So many rage filled people out there can really make you disgusted with humanity. I've been staying off the roads as much as possible this month too.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-20-2022 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2022, 03:29 PM

16,395 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Seems to be car accident central near around my area. Someone had to be med flighted earlier today and now route 3 south exit 20 area is shut down due to a multi car accident.

Old 12-20-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Seems to be car accident central near around my area. Someone had to be med flighted earlier today and now route 3 south exit 20 area is shut down due to a multi car accident.
Ugh, route 3 has got to be one of the worst for accidents. So congested and some parts are only a double lane highway. All I want for Xmas is a dash cam! lol

Old 12-20-2022, 04:56 PM

And this

https://www.yahoo.com/news/da-drunke...204157494.html

Old 12-20-2022, 08:17 PM

Happened in NH but apparently one vehicle crashed 7 times in 1 day:

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/20...BBovEa3EPyFuQQ

Old 12-20-2022, 08:24 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
We were in NH a couple of decades back, my wife commuted to MA. That's where we were introduced to the term ma$$holes, referring to the MA drivers. They were quite insane, surely they're worse now.
Bad drivers equal more crashes. Tough one to figure out.

Old 12-21-2022, 02:18 PM

I guess some folks can't see a big yellow school bus right in front of them...https://www.wcvb.com/article/sandwic...-road/42310074

Old 12-23-2022, 05:51 AM

What a winner this guy is....https://www.necn.com/news/local/alle...-stow/2896230/

Old 12-23-2022, 07:57 AM

12,864 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Yikes.

My car got totaled late last month by a drunk (well, most likely drunk) driver who was not all that bright. I had parked on the street to let a family member use the parking space for a couple of nights. I got a call at around 10am Sunday morning from BPD to let me know my car had been involved in a hit and run. I went out and saw that my car had heavy damage to the rear drivers side, wash pushed up onto the curb and into the car in front of mine. There was plastic and metal everywhere on the road around my car, including a wheel well liner from a larger vehicle (my car was a smaller sedan). About 150 feet up the street (it's a one-way) on the opposite side of the street was an SUV with heavy damage to the front end, passenger's side (flat front tire, wheel bent at an awkward angle).

The SUV owner actually called in the accident, claiming his car was hit in a hit and run. The officer was skeptical when he saw that there were other vehicles with damage (inc. mine with major damage) on the opposite side of the street a hundred or so feet away. The SUV, in spite of being heavily damaged, was parked normally in a spot on the street (not pushed up on or against the curb). There was also zero debris on the ground around it. And it also happened to be missing a wheel well liner on the damaged side of the vehicle. Thankfully, there were several cameras in the area which caught most of the accident which happened at around 3am. My car is out of the frame, but you can see the car in front of mine lurch forward from a significant impact, then the damaged SUV pull forward with hazards on, the driver get out and do a walk around, then slowly try to drive away. Another camera catches him stop a short distance up the road, get out again, and then back it into the parking space where it was found the following morning. It was too damaged to drive away. The accident investigator said he denied being drunk but admitted to the rest of it. I'm not sure what's going to happen to him, but a hit and run doing tens of thousands in damage and falsifying a police report are not exactly minor offenses.

Old 12-23-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Yikes.

My car got totaled late last month by a drunk (well, most likely drunk) driver who was not all that bright. I had parked on the street to let a family member use the parking space for a couple of nights. I got a call at around 10am Sunday morning from BPD to let me know my car had been involved in a hit and run. I went out and saw that my car had heavy damage to the rear drivers side, wash pushed up onto the curb and into the car in front of mine. There was plastic and metal everywhere on the road around my car, including a wheel well liner from a larger vehicle (my car was a smaller sedan). About 150 feet up the street (it's a one-way) on the opposite side of the street was an SUV with heavy damage to the front end, passenger's side (flat front tire, wheel bent at an awkward angle).

The SUV owner actually called in the accident, claiming his car was hit in a hit and run. The officer was skeptical when he saw that there were other vehicles with damage (inc. mine with major damage) on the opposite side of the street a hundred or so feet away. The SUV, in spite of being heavily damaged, was parked normally in a spot on the street (not pushed up on or against the curb). There was also zero debris on the ground around it. And it also happened to be missing a wheel well liner on the damaged side of the vehicle. Thankfully, there were several cameras in the area which caught most of the accident which happened at around 3am. My car is out of the frame, but you can see the car in front of mine lurch forward from a significant impact, then the damaged SUV pull forward with hazards on, the driver get out and do a walk around, then slowly try to drive away. Another camera catches him stop a short distance up the road, get out again, and then back it into the parking space where it was found the following morning. It was too damaged to drive away. The accident investigator said he denied being drunk but admitted to the rest of it. I'm not sure what's going to happen to him, but a hit and run doing tens of thousands in damage and falsifying a police report are not exactly minor offenses.
Hope you got the guy's insurance info from the investigator (fingers crossed he has insurance, it seems so many don't) so you can go after him for damages. I can't believe all these dummies who do this kind of stuff thinking they won't be caught on someone's camera footage!

Also, how does that work with insurance when your car hit the car in front of yours? Since it wasn't actually caused by you but it was still your car that hit theirs, do they go after your insurance or does everyone who's car got damaged go after the drunk guy's insurance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts