Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 08:15 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,259,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I recommend long-term inpatient psychotherapy.
Psychotherapy has proven to be insufficient in the treatment of psychotic patients.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:59 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,341,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Misty's main complaint has always been that despite the fact that she feels menaced, the police do not respond to her calls for help.

I tend to think it is possible that they have responded in the past and they have found nothing. Perhaps they are aware that her anxieties are a product of her mental state and not actual, tangible problems.

I did suggest to her, in another thread, that when she sees these people trespassing on her property, she play very loud, obnoxious music until the neighbors can no longer stand it and they call the police because of the noise. When LE shows up to ask her to turn it down, she can then call their attention to the interlopers in her yard. Unfortunately, she tends to ignore advice, or becomes defensive.

Truly, everyone would like to reach out to her, but she makes it impossible.
They have responded to the point that they called her and told her to stop harassing them. The reason she doesn't take your advice is because the problem exists in her mind. And at this point if she plays loud music and the cops get called she runs the risk of getting a ticket or worse.

I wonder if she ever got a gun. That was a scary situation. She was convinced she needed one by September 13 for some reason she was never able to communicate. //www.city-data.com/forum/guns-...earm-make.html

Hopefully she is okay. She does tend to post in spurts and disappear for a month or so. Usually she starts a thread about her concerns and nice people try to help. It gives her an outlet for her paranoia, some sort of validation.

It's a testament to City-Data members to see the wonderful concern that they have for each other. It would be great if she could get past the superficial issues but it is really not her fault. It sounds like she might be paranoid schizophrenic. I just hope she knows that she has an entire community of friends on here.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:08 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,259,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
And at this point if she plays loud music and the cops get called she runs the risk of getting a ticket or worse.
Or it might be a turn for the better if they finally decide that she is in need of medical attention.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:26 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,341,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Or it might be a turn for the better if they finally decide that she is in need of medical attention.
Do you know how many times she has called them and/or gone out? You don't and neither do I. But from reading her posts it looks like it is quite a bit. Every time someone offers her an idea she jumps on it in an attempt to validate her paranoia. She has doctors and medication already.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:12 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
They have responded to the point that they called her and told her to stop harassing them. The reason she doesn't take your advice is because the problem exists in her mind. And at this point if she plays loud music and the cops get called she runs the risk of getting a ticket or worse.

I wonder if she ever got a gun. That was a scary situation. She was convinced she needed one by September 13 for some reason she was never able to communicate. //www.city-data.com/forum/guns-...earm-make.html

Hopefully she is okay. She does tend to post in spurts and disappear for a month or so. Usually she starts a thread about her concerns and nice people try to help. It gives her an outlet for her paranoia, some sort of validation.

It's a testament to City-Data members to see the wonderful concern that they have for each other. It would be great if she could get past the superficial issues but it is really not her fault. It sounds like she might be paranoid schizophrenic. I just hope she knows that she has an entire community of friends on here.
Yes, according to a thread she started in September - she bought a Glock 19. That was a concern because she had no idea how to load it, so you know she never had any instruction on the actual firing of it.

I think most people have tried to offer her some kind of support, but then it reaches a point where it seems to be kinder to counsel her to get help than to continue to play to her fears.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:44 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,994,069 times
People, if you have nothing helpful to post, then just don't say anything. Why start a fuss in yet another thread? People will begin to not want to even post their problems in this forum if they see people being repeatedly attacked. If you don't believe her, think back you have made that point before haven't you, so give it a rest, starting a fight here only makes you look bad. Use the ignore button, move on to another thread, is it really so hard? If you have nothing helpful to say then just don't post. Act like an adult, and stop the flame throwing. I would recommend people report posts that are rude and offensive to the OP.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:11 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
People, if you have nothing helpful to post, then just don't say anything. Why start a fuss in yet another thread? People will begin to not want to even post their problems in this forum if they see people being repeatedly attacked. If you don't believe her, think back you have made that point before haven't you, so give it a rest, starting a fight here only makes you look bad. Use the ignore button, move on to another thread, is it really so hard? If you have nothing helpful to say then just don't post. Act like an adult, and stop the flame throwing. I would recommend people report posts that are rude and offensive to the OP.
I'm sorry, todd, but there is no real flaming going on here. Those of us who have past experience with misty are simply informing those who may not know, and conversing among ourselves as to what might get mistygrl the help she needs - be it police, medication, or a new therapist. And I don't see any fighting, either with misty or with one another, so I don't know where that's coming from.

It isn't that nobody believes her. I, personally, do think that she believes what she sees and hears and I have sympathy for her situation.

I just went back and re-read the thread. I fail to see rude and offensive. But you may see it from a different POV.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:18 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,008,760 times
Well, sick here but I do want to provide an update and I'll read through the comments post update.

A friend of mine came over the other night. He saw everything I did on the monitor. However, since he has Ranger training under his belt and is former military he decided to go out. Well, the "scene" remained on the monitor but in shining the flashlight it was obvious nothing was there. So it's becoming more apparent that my neighbor is engaged in acts of projection trickery. However, the bad news is that there really ARE a few at least who have been watching this house but not the droves that it would appear to be. The police do have that one pic of the three and I can tell you that I spoke with the woman next door and our stories match - the time they arrive and the time they leave, the fact children are present. I see them on the monitor and she hears their voices. Two doors down they had an issue with trespassing and the woman's son got into a scuffle with them and I guess the son got in trouble, which seems backwards to me.

At any rate, the projected images have become more threatening. For example, today the image was of two guys behind my palm with guns. Well, first I got my camera and took a pic to make sure that there were no guys or guns. All clear. Then I went out and circled the palm on camera and the projected images just stayed the same. I am going to bring this flash drive to the police. No wonder they could never find anyone here. I also saw some beams coming from my neighbor's tree so no doubt this is how the images are being projected. I know it sounds far out, but I've spoken with both a lawyer and PI and both confirm this is possible to do - to project scenes.

What I cannot do is share any images of specifics. What I can do is to share something you don't see everyday and then you tell me if you think I'm imagining things. This was my pool yesterday. If anyone wants to explain why it looks this way I'd love to hear. My bet is some sort of trickery going on with my cameras. Oops, I just noticed. Does anyone see any faces in this photograph? They're not clear, but if you look they are there.
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee405/rprp2011/1117Strangepic.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-18-2011, 05:51 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,008,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Uh oh, I thought there might be some posts like that. I agree with you todd00. People come to the MENTAL HEALTH FORUM for help, not to be flamed.

What is wrong with you people who wish to attack someone for asking for help? I think you're in the wrong forum. That's what is wrong. Go to POC if you're having a bad day and want to get your anger out. Kick a stuffed animal.

At any rate, I am fighting bronchitis so I have no intention of reading unhelpful or flaming posts. So I think I'll just add a few names to my ignore list off the top of my head and THEN read the comments.

I already know who most of the flamers are already anyway. Thanks Todd00 for your most sensible and welcome post.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:59 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,592,451 times
One of my sons that lives in Vancouver was having problems with undesirable people hanging out in his yard. There were 4 of them just tresspassing like they owned the place. When asked to leave they just laughed. Well, my boy went running out into the backyard with this big canister of bear spray and he put all four of them down writhing around on the ground. When they were able to, they buzzed off and phoned the cops. The cops came down and after listening to everones story busted the four goofballs for criminal tresspass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health