Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,682,156 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't hire a PI, what's he gonna investigate? I might hire a Security guard(s) for night patrol.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,019,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
Motion sensor lighting!! to flood your whole back yard with light if they come into your backyard. If they are in your backyard they are trespassing on your property.
Well, I am not exactly handy. Do you know of a good handyman? Too, the lot is quite large and if motion sensors can be put on trees without hurting them, one right over the pool would do wonders as that's where they congregate.

You have no idea how nervous I get with around eight men constantly present. Granted, most stay in her yard but one relentlessly stares at my house. I really wonder what they are talking about.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:56 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,019,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I wouldn't hire a PI, what's he gonna investigate? I might hire a Security guard(s) for night patrol.
I sent a message to cancel our appointment as I was having misgivings myself about hiring a PI at this point not only due to this situation but other factors as well.

I did put an ad on Craig's list and then that seemed a bit dangerous so I backed off on that one (I listed it for security) as you never know who you'll get and they could be worse than what I've got outside.

The good news is that no call from the alarm company so I know my house is safe (inside at least). I think I should probably rent an apartment month to month if I can find one or at least one with a six month lease. I can go back and clean and pack it up during the days and then I'll just list the house. Some nights I can stay at my house. I don't want them catching on that I'm not there at night.

If I list it my only hope is that somehow it doesn't fall into the hands of my neighbor or one of his associates or family. Since they stare at my house constantly I almost think they want the property for themselves.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:23 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,245,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
until today when I saw the guy with the mohawk in my backyard. This is not the first time I've seen him in a pic.
there it is. he was in your yard. trespassing. can i ask what these people are doing? are they neo nazis? i dont get why they would just be staring at their neighbors houses.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:27 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,274,710 times
Mohawks and people selling firewood. Interesting.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:39 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,760,311 times
Can you post some of the pictures you've taken?

Old 11-16-2011, 01:38 PM

233 posts, read 754,242 times
Yes post the pics. I think it is interesting the adderall. I took adderall in college and I would become extremely paranoid. I reduced my dosages accordingly and now I rarely take any and take only about 5 mg 10 mg max in one day. (Used to be 20 mg ir x 2 + 70 mg vyvanse)

so yes I am familiar with low dosage and high dosage...

and even at low dosage i notice that i have ridiculous, foolish, uncalled for paranoia.

with that said the solution here is simple

1) move
2) get a couple of big dogs
3) flood lights outside
4) call the police
5) security system
6) fence with electricity and/or barbed wire
7) or you could...talk to them..

you have time to videotape for 24 hours?!!

and you have a gallery of pictures too ?

lets see some pics cause i am curious as to the type of hooligans that simply come and hang out in your yard.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:32 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,854,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
This is no psychosis. I wish it were. Then I could take a pill and fix it. How do I know it's real? Because I run whatever I have by a mental health PROFESSIONAL using her eyes. The situation is so bizarre that I don't even trust my own eyes. She's come to my house twice now to look at footage. What I am NOT sure about is if my neighbor is using some kind of sophisticated trickery to impose a scene of some people but I do know others are real as I've seen them in daylight in that yard in different areas of the yard. The PI said this was possible (to project a scene) although I can find nothing on the Net that mentions it.

With respect to medication, there are many days I do not even take the recommended dose of Adderall - meaning I take less. BTW, you make it seem like I'm some speed freak doing something illegal. It is prescribed by my Dr for two diagnoses.

And, as to the Glock, I decided against it and I stated so in one of those threads. It would be absolutely useless in this situation.

And all your posting of those threads just proves this has been an ongoing problem and not something I drempt up overnight. Being a single woman living alone surrounded by strange men (night is when it really gets to me) wears on a person's nerves when it happens every single night.

And one question for you Zippyman, why do you attempt to discredit me when I came to the mental health forum asking for help. I bolded that statement in my OP for a reason - What would you do? Options including selling, renting an apartment, getting an Injunction Against Harassment, doing nothing but waiting it out, hiring security etc. I was asking what people would do in my situation and not looking for criticism.
What I would do, is ask in the legal forum, or the forum of the area of AZ you live in, or the forum about homes, or the preparedness forum. What I would NOT do, is ask questions about securing my home, or apartment rentals, or selling homes, or legal injunctions, or crime and punishment, in the mental health forum.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:36 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,401,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
What I would do, is ask in the legal forum, or the forum of the area of AZ you live in, or the forum about homes, or the preparedness forum. What I would NOT do, is ask questions about securing my home, or apartment rentals, or selling homes, or legal injunctions, or crime and punishment, in the mental health forum.
With the utmost respect I do believe that Misty is in the right part of the forum and may even realize that a bit. This is an ongoing matter that many CD members are aware of as well as the police department. I truly wish Misty well and hope she gets the help she needs.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:38 PM

19,772 posts, read 20,360,778 times
I would go outside and tell em to GTFO of my yard.

That's just me though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health