Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 06:06 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,019,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
One of my sons that lives in Vancouver was having problems with undesirable people hanging out in his yard. There were 4 of them just tresspassing like they owned the place. When asked to leave they just laughed. Well, my boy went running out into the backyard with this big canister of bear spray and he put all four of them down writhing around on the ground. When they were able to, they buzzed off and phoned the cops. The cops came down and after listening to everones story busted the four goofballs for criminal tresspass.
Well, good for your boy! I know the son down the street got in trouble for taking them on and, in the pics I've taken, they do appear to be hanging out in that same yard still.

There is a wash nearby and it's overgrown and I guess there are homeless people that hang out there. At least that is what a customer of my friend told him. I never realized this problem existed and I've been here eight years. So I think I am dealing with maybe a combination of an old problem and a new problem.

At any rate, I don't think they sell bear spray here, but I've been told that wasp spray travels about 15 feet.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I'm sorry, todd, but there is no real flaming going on here. Those of us who have past experience with misty are simply informing those who may not know, and conversing among ourselves as to what might get mistygrl the help she needs - be it police, medication, or a new therapist. And I don't see any fighting, either with misty or with one another, so I don't know where that's coming from.

It isn't that nobody believes her. I, personally, do think that she believes what she sees and hears and I have sympathy for her situation.

I just went back and re-read the thread. I fail to see rude and offensive. But you may see it from a different POV.
New police please. If you noticed the faces I referred to in the above photo, they are real live flesh and blood people in my yard. They should not be in my yard. The police won't do anything about it, even after I called and asked what I was supposed to do with them looking over my fence. When I took that shot I did so for the red refraction and big bright circle. It's only now I notice what I do.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:13 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,878,873 times
Where are you seeing people in the picture?

Old 11-18-2011, 07:16 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,607,987 times
have you ever considered a nice big friendly {TO YOU} guard dog. I have had a couple of really good ones and they can give you a lot of security and confidence.

In the city you would want a dog that does not require too much exercise. Believe it or not, Great Danes do well in city environments. A widow I know that lives alone in a part of Toronto that isn't the best has one. He is a great big friendly boy if he knows you but if not...... there would be just no way at all that you could get into his yard. Owning such a dog would get you out and about also. They like to take their daily walk and believe me, NO ONE is going to bother you when you have a dog like that on the end of a leash. They are very discerning and really like good folks but if saomeone has trouble on their mind they will hate them and act accordingly.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,887,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
This is no psychosis. I wish it were. Then I could take a pill and fix it. How do I know it's real? Because I run whatever I have by a mental health PROFESSIONAL using her eyes. The situation is so bizarre that I don't even trust my own eyes. She's come to my house twice now to look at footage. What I am NOT sure about is if my neighbor is using some kind of sophisticated trickery to impose a scene of some people but I do know others are real as I've seen them in daylight in that yard in different areas of the yard. The PI said this was possible (to project a scene) although I can find nothing on the Net that mentions it.

With respect to medication, there are many days I do not even take the recommended dose of Adderall - meaning I take less. BTW, you make it seem like I'm some speed freak doing something illegal. It is prescribed by my Dr for two diagnoses.

And, as to the Glock, I decided against it and I stated so in one of those threads. It would be absolutely useless in this situation.

And all your posting of those threads just proves this has been an ongoing problem and not something I drempt up overnight. Being a single woman living alone surrounded by strange men (night is when it really gets to me) wears on a person's nerves when it happens every single night.

And one question for you Zippyman, why do you attempt to discredit me when I came to the mental health forum asking for help. I bolded that statement in my OP for a reason - What would you do? Options including selling, renting an apartment, getting an Injunction Against Harassment, doing nothing but waiting it out, hiring security etc. I was asking what people would do in my situation and not looking for criticism.
Honey, do you have any family nearby? You need to reach out to people who really know you for help, not folks here okay?

Old 11-18-2011, 08:41 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,951,698 times
I do feel for you and I think that your medications may be an issue. I thought that a long time ago when I read something you had posted . . .please consider getting assistance from mental health professionals.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:42 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,951,698 times
Quote:
Well, sick here but I do want to provide an update and I'll read through the comments post update.

A friend of mine came over the other night. He saw everything I did on the monitor. However, since he has Ranger training under his belt and is former military he decided to go out. Well, the "scene" remained on the monitor but in shining the flashlight it was obvious nothing was there. So it's becoming more apparent that my neighbor is engaged in acts of projection trickery. However, the bad news is that there really ARE a few at least who have been watching this house but not the droves that it would appear to be. The police do have that one pic of the three and I can tell you that I spoke with the woman next door and our stories match - the time they arrive and the time they leave, the fact children are present. I see them on the monitor and she hears their voices. Two doors down they had an issue with trespassing and the woman's son got into a scuffle with them and I guess the son got in trouble, which seems backwards to me.

At any rate, the projected images have become more threatening. For example, today the image was of two guys behind my palm with guns. Well, first I got my camera and took a pic to make sure that there were no guys or guns. All clear. Then I went out and circled the palm on camera and the projected images just stayed the same. I am going to bring this flash drive to the police. No wonder they could never find anyone here. I also saw some beams coming from my neighbor's tree so no doubt this is how the images are being projected. I know it sounds far out, but I've spoken with both a lawyer and PI and both confirm this is possible to do - to project scenes.

What I cannot do is share any images of specifics. What I can do is to share something you don't see everyday and then you tell me if you think I'm imagining things. This was my pool yesterday. If anyone wants to explain why it looks this way I'd love to hear. My bet is some sort of trickery going on with my cameras. Oops, I just noticed. Does anyone see any faces in this photograph? They're not clear, but if you look they are there.
Exactly where are the faces?

Old 11-18-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Exactly where are the faces?
Second palm tree from your left at the fence line, one on either side of the tree. I said they were not clear. Of course since I've seen these people in other photos, it's easier for me to pick them out. Also, because it's my yard, I know what is supposed to be where.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
have you ever considered a nice big friendly {TO YOU} guard dog. I have had a couple of really good ones and they can give you a lot of security and confidence.

In the city you would want a dog that does not require too much exercise. Believe it or not, Great Danes do well in city environments. A widow I know that lives alone in a part of Toronto that isn't the best has one. He is a great big friendly boy if he knows you but if not...... there would be just no way at all that you could get into his yard. Owning such a dog would get you out and about also. They like to take their daily walk and believe me, NO ONE is going to bother you when you have a dog like that on the end of a leash. They are very discerning and really like good folks but if saomeone has trouble on their mind they will hate them and act accordingly.
As great of an idea as this is, the dog would be poisoned so I cannot. If that were not a danger, I would do so but thanks!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:55 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,887,488 times
Quote:
Second palm tree from your left at the fence line, one on either side of the tree. I said they were not clear. Of course since I've seen these people in other photos, it's easier for me to pick them out. Also, because it's my yard, I know what is supposed to be where.
Honey, there's no one there, really.

Can you please call someone in your family who knows your medical history and tell them what is going on? We want you to be well and safe, but we can't help you here the way someone who knows you and loves you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health