Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 04:16 PM

247 posts, read 355,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by red4ce View Post
Perhaps you should discard the antiquated notion that a woman's worth is determined by her marital status. So what if you don't get married? You can still lead a healthy, productive, fulfilling and enjoyable life without a husband.
No, I can't. Even if I'm not married, my life still has no value because I'm dark & Black. Most people value lightskin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 04:24 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,781,470 times
You seek happiness in the wrong places. True happiness comes from within

As i fight cancer for my life i would trade places with you anyday

Old 04-17-2013, 04:25 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,867,991 times
The colour of you skin is irrelevant. There are beautiful women of all shades and colours, and beauty is not a virtue - it is a genetic inheritance. What's more important are your values, your personality, your intelligence and your sense of humour.

The other factor is what you believe the purpose of life is. If you think your life's purpose is solely to have a man in your life, to get married or be in a relationship, then you are basing your self-worth and self-fulfillment on someone else, and that's never good.

You need to learn to love yourself, then invest in yourself and pursue goals that improve your character, make you feel good about yourself (volunteering and helping others are especially beneficial activities) and when you finally realize that you a wonderful person who deserves more than a man, then you might just find what your purpose in life.

IMO, romance and marriage are not a very good purpose in life. Just an important aspect of it. Work on yourself (not your physical self, but your spiritual and intellectual assets) and the rest will follow.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 PM

20,771 posts, read 20,038,788 times
Then make your life valuable. Go out there and be proud of whom and what you are. If you like yourself, other people will like you, too.

If you life is meaningless, give it a meaning. Help others who need help. They will appreciate it. Help animals, children in need, old people, sick people, the environment, ....Being appreciated might give you some sense of being NEEDED.

I like dark people. I am super white and hate my super white skin, but so what, it is how it is. Can't change it. Only Michael Jackson can change skin colors. Didn't make him happy though.

Get a profile at an online dating site with a picture, even if you don't intend on using it to find somebody. I bet you will have multiple responses within days. There is somebody for everybody.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
The colour of you skin is irrelevant. There are beautiful women of all shades and colours, and beauty is not a virtue - it is a genetic inheritance. What's more important are your values, your personality, your intelligence and your sense of humour.

The other factor is what you believe the purpose of life is. If you think your life's purpose is solely to have a man in your life, to get married or be in a relationship, then you are basing your self-worth and self-fulfillment on someone else, and that's never good.

You need to learn to love yourself, then invest in yourself and pursue goals that improve your character, make you feel good about yourself (volunteering and helping others are especially beneficial activities) and when you finally realize that you a wonderful person who deserves more than a man, then you might just find what your purpose in life.

IMO, romance and marriage are not a very good purpose in life. Just an important aspect of it. Work on yourself (not your physical self, but your spiritual and intellectual assets) and the rest will follow.
Even in non-romantic relationships, my darkskin skin color is still a huge burden. I'm still treated less than. So again, what reasons do I have to live since my life has no value whatsoever?

Old 04-17-2013, 04:31 PM

20,771 posts, read 20,038,788 times
Move to an area where there is a high percentage of black people. It doesn't solve your problems but you might feel more accepted there.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:33 PM

3 posts, read 3,196 times
Default marriage

the reason u should live is God didn't make junk...he has plans for everyone

Old 04-17-2013, 04:35 PM

808 posts, read 1,882,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
No, I can't. Even if I'm not married, my life still has no value because I'm dark & Black. Most people value lightskin
Why do you seek validation from others to determine your self worth?

Old 04-17-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Move to an area where there is a high percentage of black people. It doesn't solve your problems but you might feel more accepted there.
I'm at the bottom of the barrel in my own community because of colorism

Old 04-17-2013, 04:43 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,844,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
I don't even see the point in my existance. I am darkskin, Black with African features. To make it worst, I'm a woman. Most men and women in society think lighter skin is better. Darkskinned Black women like me have a harder time finding mates and getting married. I'm discriminated against more. The outlook for me to get married is not good at all. What is the point of me living? I don't see any at all. I feel my existence is meaningless. I feel that I would be better off dead.
I love you and I don't even know you. If you walk about thinking "am I ever black and ugly" you are not ever going to be less black but you will be more unattractive. I have seen "beautiful" woman on the street..who are born with nice features BUT there is such a look of bitterness and distrust on their faces that they may as well be ugly as sin...I suggest you need a spirit boost. Once the spirit is soaring men and woman will gravitate towards you.

I am older and was very attractive when I was younger....now as an older male there are days when some woman will not give me a second glance- BUT there are days when my spirit and confidence are up and people are attracted to me like flies to honey. It's in the soul my dear...realize that your beauty is not gagged by western Hollywood standards- get rid of the bad attitude and let it shine...put the angel back in your heart and all will love you------------------GLOW!

Secondly - don't feel sorry for yourself- end the pity party......."You had better get busy living or you will waste your time being busy dying....Live....I am approaching the end of my life and no way am I going to ever give up. It is you that discriminates against you- STOP IT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health