Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 02:45 PM

247 posts, read 355,297 times

Advertisements

I don't even see the point in my existance. I am darkskin, Black with African features. To make it worst, I'm a woman. Most men and women in society think lighter skin is better. Darkskinned Black women like me have a harder time finding mates and getting married. I'm discriminated against more. The outlook for me to get married is not good at all. What is the point of me living? I don't see any at all. I feel my existence is meaningless. I feel that I would be better off dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 02:48 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,860,614 times
So you can pay taxes to fund my social security.

Who are all the dark skinned black dudes marrying?

Are you ugly or fat?
Are you difficult to get along with?
Are you too picky?

Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,809,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Are you ugly or fat?
Are you too picky?
Black women. Don't buy the lie that black men are mostly marrying white women. I have several dark skinned Black female clients from work who were recently married to black men.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Are you ugly or fat?
Are you too picky?
Most black guys prefer lighter toned women.

The level of my attractiveness is irrelevant, I'll never be the ideal no matter what I do to myself. I'll never be lightskin

Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,860,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
The level of my attractiveness is irrelevant, I'll never be the ideal no matter what I do to myself. I'll never be lightskin

I think the level of your logic is irrelevant.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Black women. Don't buy the lie that black men are mostly marrying white women. I have several dark skinned Black female clients from work who were recently married to black men.
Lightskin Black women. In the afternoon, I always see many young black children walking home from school, and the vast majority of them are light in complexion. There are not very many black people being produced who look like me. I see a lot of black men with light black women all the time. I really serve no purpose at all. I feel like my existence is meaningless

Old 04-17-2013, 03:19 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,927,488 times
Most white men like tanned women. I'm pasty as hell and do not tan. I've not had a problem finding mates.

Look up dysmorphic syndrome. People usually don't get so depressed over things like this.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:54 PM

5,576 posts, read 8,012,346 times
I can give you a good argument - there is so much in the world and in the universe that you have yet to learn, see, and experience, so it would be the most foolish action imaginable to deprive yourself of those opportunities permanently (which is what suicide amounts to). Letting your happiness be dictated by the attitudes of other people is no way to live well, but since there are 7 billion people in the world I am sure that there is someone out there that is compatible with you. My advice: get out more, move to another city or even another country. Compared to the vastness of the universe and even our own planet, your experience to date is miniscule. What have you got to lose by trying? No matter how slim, as long as you're alive there's a chance; by killing yourself, the odds are reduced to zero, and a slim chance is better than none.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:10 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,280,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
Most black guys prefer lighter toned women.

Go on vacation to England, specifically London. It might brighten your spirits.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:15 PM

808 posts, read 1,881,308 times
Perhaps you should discard the antiquated notion that a woman's worth is determined by her marital status. So what if you don't get married? You can still lead a healthy, productive, fulfilling and enjoyable life without a husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health