Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:24 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,702,854 times

Advertisements

Death will come for anyways Nyanna. There is no rush to expedite the inevitable. I say live a little bit longer to see if your fate changes . If you die now you'll never know .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 06:27 PM

36 posts, read 55,263 times
is purple even looking at this thread ??

Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 PM

247 posts, read 355,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
No offense, I'm not going to waste my time giving you reasons to live. I don't know you or your story and anything I say would be pointless if you choose not to believe it. I WILL tell you that you have exactly three choices regarding how to proceed from this point on:

1) Accept it. Accept and love yourself. Get the negativity out of your head and soul. Avoid negative images and surround yourself with positivity. Realize that millions, if not billions of people with dark skin have found a purpose in life, found success and love and joy currently, long before you ever existed, and will long after you're gone.

2) Change it. Get your skin lightened. It won't be easy or cheap. It will very likely be very harmful to your physical and even mental health. You'll spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars using chemicals and surgery to lighten your skin artificially. But it is an option that exist should you choose to pursue it.

3) Give up. Log off of City-Data, pick your method of exit, and just throw in the towel. No one on earth can force you to love and value your own life, especially no one here on this virtual forum so I don't see much point in trying to pry a suitable answer from us.

So make a choice. Personally, #1 seems to be the sanest, cheapest, and healthiest of the three, but that's just my opinion.
If I live, I'd rather go for choice #2. As a lightskin woman, I'd be the standard of beauty in the black community, which would reward me with a much higher social standing. I wont have to hear people make offensive comments about darkskin anymore. And I'll have higher self esteem because I'll see my reflection on TV and in magazines.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,854,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Death will come for anyways Nyanna. There is no rush to expedite the inevitable. I say live a little bit longer to see if your fate changes . If you die now you'll never know .
If there is a possibility to sit quietly in a beautiful place and watch some mischievous sparrows frolicking in a hedge - or view the face of a smiling child....or see the laughter of children...or look up and see that the sky is never the same and that beauty is everywhere...then life is worth living. You are in heaven if you want- or you are in hell if you want....make up your mind.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:39 PM

472 posts, read 571,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
If I live, I'd rather go for choice #2. As a lightskin woman, I'd be the standard of beauty in the black community, which would reward me with a much higher social standing. I wont have to hear people make offensive comments about darkskin anymore. And I'll have higher self esteem because I'll see my reflection on TV and in magazines.
I get the feeling that you're being facetious.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
I get the feeling that you're being facetious.
No, I'm really not

Old 04-17-2013, 07:56 PM

(It's okay if I delete a post I made that was irrelevant, right?)

Last edited by 97701; 04-17-2013 at 09:22 PM..

Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,695,185 times
Purple Rage, have you ever volunteered in a VA hospital or a rest home or a school. I don't think we are here on earth to only think of ourselves. Your reason for living will come when you find the right person to help.

Can you walk, can you breathe, are you sick? Count your blessings and stop dwelling on what you are not and think about what you have to offer. If you are still alive there is a reason for it. And yes we all feel inadequate sometimes. Find a hungry person on the street and give them some food. They will think you are great!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
If it's just a matter of appearance, my guess is that, well, it's not just a matter of appearance. I bet that if there were a decent guy interested in you, you wouldn't recognize it.

I'm not at all put off by a very dark skinned woman. I believe there are many men like me. It could be that you are your own worst enemy.
It's not just the dating aspect that is affecting me...it's EVERYTHING...work, relationships, socializing. Even if I met a man tomorrow, it still would not solve my problem because I am still dark, and there is still a huge stigma associated with that

Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 PM

I'm sorry that I missed your point.

I think there's a lot in what NCN is saying. I'm not religious, but giving to others is very therapeutic. Even small acts of helping, help you yourself. I'm not talking from an outside view ... I have felt the same way about life some years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health