Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 05:52 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,932,345 times

Advertisements

OP: To answer your question, I don't know, but I believe (based on no evidence!) that the majority of people who purchase medical marijuana are probably substance abusers. Just my believe. I think the few who would use it legitimately, are few and far between.

There's no reason to have 85 different kinds of cookies, for instance . . .the way it is marketed in my neck of the woods is ridiculous.

I think it should be available but I also think substance abusers should be screened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 05:55 PM

Also, I have heard that many college kids get cards - and that could tend to create a psychological habit, if nothing else.

Anyone could come up with a medical "condition" that would qualify them for mj.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:28 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
OP: To answer your question, I don't know, but I believe (based on no evidence!) that the majority of people who purchase medical marijuana are probably substance abusers. Just my believe. I think the few who would use it legitimately, are few and far between.

There's no reason to have 85 different kinds of cookies, for instance . . .the way it is marketed in my neck of the woods is ridiculous.

I think it should be available but I also think substance abusers should be screened.
It's people that believe that that are keeping it from being legal and accepted in society. Most everyone I know that partakes NEEDS it, and find it works better for their pain then any of the synthetics with their many side effects...How can anyone judge someone else's pain?..and why care by what means they seek relief?...
There's more than 85 different kinds of alcohol, does that sit better with you?..wouldn't it be grand if we "screened" all substance abusers from their choice of drug.hmmm, maybe not...I mean all of a sudden no one would be taking drugs anymore, I'm talking prescription, alcohol, as well as marijuana.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:38 PM

Ever consider getting at the root of the "pain?" Pain indicates there is something wrong . . . something that needs to be addressed - a root cause that needs attention.

Also, most marijuana has pesticide residue on it (where I live, the mj in the stores and the mj on the streets, has the same residue). Pesticides have side effects. If you are not feeling well, toxins are not going to help you.

Grow it yourself if you "need" it. And if you "need" it, you are an addict, by definition.

Try living a healthy, drug-free lifestyle. It really helps with all kinds of things, including chronic pain.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:58 PM

don't most people know that there's a reason (root if you'd like) for their pain?..isn't that why they seek help?, because they KNOW it needs attention?..gee, I thought toxins were good for me, especially when I'm ill....I didn't say people "needed" marijuana, I said they NEED a pain killer that helps them the best, and if someones addicted to pain relief, well..who isn't?..Do you need to eat?..guess you're addicted then, by your reasoning...thanks for the advice on living a healthy drug-free lifestyle....tell that to someone who was in a severe car accident, and needs pain relief...tell that to someone with rhumatoid arthritus,, tell that to someone who IS healthy, and does live a healthy lifestyle that that should be enough.

Last edited by purehuman; 07-27-2013 at 03:22 PM..

Old 07-27-2013, 05:46 PM

Sounds like it's time for you to take a toke.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:43 PM

why is that?

Old 07-28-2013, 06:03 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,059,191 times
I think medical marijuana can be a good thing for those suffering from chronic pain. It also assists those with appetite problems i.e those going through chemo etc.

Last edited by FlowerPower00; 07-28-2013 at 07:22 AM..

Old 07-28-2013, 06:07 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,059,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Ever consider getting at the root of the "pain?" Pain indicates there is something wrong . . . something that needs to be addressed - a root cause that needs attention.

Also, most marijuana has pesticide residue on it (where I live, the mj in the stores and the mj on the streets, has the same residue). Pesticides have side effects. If you are not feeling well, toxins are not going to help you.

Grow it yourself if you "need" it. And if you "need" it, you are an addict, by definition.

Try living a healthy, drug-free lifestyle. It really helps with all kinds of things, including chronic pain.
Sometimes the "root cause" cannot be "fixed"-why do people have zero problem with things like Lyrica, Cymbalta but marijuana?

I do not take marijuana, however I see alcohol and cigarettes as a worse problem than marijuana.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:01 AM

I don't know what "people" you are referring to, but I think doctors over-medicate people (at the urging of drug companies), and many people just swallow a pill or expect an easy fix to symptoms and never even look for root causes. Same would be true for marijuana.

If it is truly being taken for medical purposes (getting back to the thread theme), then there is no need for all of the fun products and cutesy names - that is appealing to the "cool" stoner crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health