Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
Poor people.
As you can see from the photos, is a bunch of desperate just looking for a chance at life.
Look at the suffering face that white hair man. The first of line.
Well for one, all they care about is getting money for themselves, why not build a better country, improve their own neighborhoods which would benefit more people than just themselves?

It's a bad situation, it's like people jumping into lifeboats, not caring about those left behind to drown. They'll nver make a better country, improve social conditions this way.

The fence is never going to be seen by most people, you have to be within a few yards of it to see it and as far as fences go, it's more attractive than most. You can even see through it - unlike the rock and concrete fences so many people build around their homes.

What should offend people more are the millions fleeing their own country rather than staying and working hard to make it a better place, and many of those millions have abandoned their own children. Easy money and materialism is the only thing that matters to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 10:20 AM

469 posts, read 1,257,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They'll nver make a better country, improve social conditions this way... What should offend people more are the millions fleeing their own country rather than staying and working hard to make it a better place, and many of those millions have abandoned their own children. Easy money and materialism is the only thing that matters to them.
First of all, during the past 10-15 years, Mexico has dramatically improved its rural infrastructure which was a prime reason that many Mexicans were forced to flee their ranchos. They did not have reasonable access to health/medical services, higher public education, access/transportation to work/jobs, or communications. The improvement is so dramatic that multitudes of those same people are now eagerly returning home to Mexico. It is a topic that is liberally discussed here in the U.S. among our 'illegal' population. It is for these improvements, in part, that Mexicans are voluntarily returning to Mexico in unprecedented numbers.

Yes, our illegal Mexican population is diminishing — and the fence cannot be credited for it.

I hope that no U.S. citizen would ever disparage the desperation that would force any Mexican citizen to risk his/her life, at great cost, to come to an ominous and unknown land in order to provide for his/her family. Really, these are acts of courage and nobility. The notion that they "abandoned their own children" is extremely offensive and highly ignorant, as is the notion of "easy money." Have you spent much time alongside these illegals who do every possible distasteful and backbreaking job, with the possible exception of wiping your butt, with nary a complaint? Even for the fittest of them, they arrive "home" exhausted from thanklessly doing work for you. Easy money??? Such a comment is grossly unfair, especially when you are one of our country's beneficiaries of their servitude. After years of hard work, these illegals will still not earn enough to retire, or even save money for more than life's basics. Is this what you call materialism??? Get real.

One thing is to dislike the situation — but PLEASE let's be above criticizing other people, cultures, or countries without first better understanding. We cannot improve ourselves by putting down others. A little empathy for the plight of others would go a long way.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:05 PM

597 posts, read 1,298,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
First of all, during the past 10-15 years, Mexico has dramatically improved its rural infrastructure which was a prime reason that many Mexicans were forced to flee their ranchos. They did not have reasonable access to health/medical services, higher public education, access/transportation to work/jobs, or communications. The improvement is so dramatic that multitudes of those same people are now eagerly returning home to Mexico. It is a topic that is liberally discussed here in the U.S. among our 'illegal' population. It is for these improvements, in part, that Mexicans are voluntarily returning to Mexico in unprecedented numbers.

Yes, our illegal Mexican population is diminishing — and the fence cannot be credited for it.

I hope that no U.S. citizen would ever disparage the desperation that would force any Mexican citizen to risk his/her life, at great cost, to come to an ominous and unknown land in order to provide for his/her family. Really, these are acts of courage and nobility. The notion that they "abandoned their own children" is extremely offensive and highly ignorant, as is the notion of "easy money." Have you spent much time alongside these illegals who do every possible distasteful and backbreaking job, with the possible exception of wiping your butt, with nary a complaint? Even for the fittest of them, they arrive "home" exhausted from thanklessly doing work for you. Easy money??? Such a comment is grossly unfair, especially when you are one of our country's beneficiaries of their servitude. After years of hard work, these illegals will still not earn enough to retire, or even save money for more than life's basics. Is this what you call materialism??? Get real.

One thing is to dislike the situation — but PLEASE let's be above criticizing other people, cultures, or countries without first better understanding. We cannot improve ourselves by putting down others. A little empathy for the plight of others would go a long way.
You're right.
I take this opportunity to express my solidarity to Mexican brothers who are risking their lives looking for a chance.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:28 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
Poor people.
As you can see from the photos, is a bunch of desperate just looking for a chance at life.
Look at the suffering face that white hair man. The first of line.
If the white haired man wasn't in this country illegally I wouldn't have to look at his suffering face.

If these people look desperate and suffering isn't it the responsibility of THEIR government to alleviate THEIR desperation and suffering?

They invaded MY country, I don't have to feel anything other than contempt for them.

How would you like it if 23 million illegal aliens lived in Brazil with hundreds more each day illegally entering YOUR country.

YOU paying for their education, medical bills and housing.

I have no respect, sympathy, empathy or feelings for anyone who disrespects MY countries laws. I couldn't care less the rough dangerous journey the illegal aliens take to invade my country.

Do these illegal aliens care about the environmental disaster they have caused depositing thousands of pounds of refuse along my countries borders?

Do these illegal aliens care about the diseases they carry and infect American citizens?

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impac..._diseases.html

Why don't these illegal aliens stay in their own country, demonstrate and strike until their own country starts to show some concern for them?

~HUH~

As for this comment by another poster:
Quote:
I hope that no U.S. citizen would ever disparage the desperation that would force any Mexican citizen to risk his/her life, at great cost, to come to an ominous and unknown land in order to provide for his/her family.
I am supposed to have empathy for someone who is invading my country? You gotta be kidding.

Last edited by plwhit; 01-25-2011 at 09:47 PM..

Old 01-25-2011, 09:56 PM

469 posts, read 1,257,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
As for this comment by another poster: I am supposed to have empathy for someone who is invading my country? You gotta be kidding.
Where and how do you suppose we got the land where those photos were taken? Could it be that we invaded Mexico for it???

Old 01-25-2011, 09:59 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,961,100 times
My boyfriend grew up in Tijuana, and his house was one a street which had the fence on one side, and houses on the other. He says that it was just there - you don't really think about it.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:

The good people of Mexico who really care about their own country and are staying there, working to make it a better country aren't the ones offended by the fence.

It's very unlikely they'll ever even see it. Those people have enough respect for other nations like the USA that they will visit legally and happily return to their own country.

Just like Mexico's immigration and tourist laws don't offend me - I will respect Mexico's laws when I plan out visits there.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,176 times
Im pretty sure that Mexicans are going to be hired to build the fence. And many people say that we Mexicans get welfare. That is not true. In ny apartment complex there are Mexicans, chicanos, blacks and white people living. All of those people do not have job nor a car, exept for the Mexicans and a few of black people. The rest of them are Americans who depend on their loved country.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:36 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,193,002 times
Quote:

Just had to say, wonderful, thoughtful post, Steven!! Couldn't rep you again..

Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,409,013 times
Quote:
Ok., I have a fence around my house too.
But I am talking about "Border's Fence" that separates México and USA.
I think that fence some "very aggressive".

It's not aggressive enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico