Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I comprendo that the purpose of the wall is to keep free human beings from going from Point A to Point B, because selfish people have the power to stop them in their own personal interest.

Every nation in the world recognized that there were two countries, which just happened to be both called Germany because the people in them were of German ancestry and spoke German.

Every country in the world has a neighbor that is either richer or poorer than tney are. How come there is no wall between France and Spain, until there is "complete equilibrium"??
I would guess that the people of France and Spain both respect the laws of the other country. We don't have that situation here.

Also you cannot have a country that is very generous with the welfare handouts having an open border with one where people feel they must have many children they cannot afford except on the neighboring country's welfare handouts.

In the USA we may try to take care of our own impoverished and put them up in grand style, but we simply cannot do that for the entire world. And it's not just Mexicans pouring over our southern border. Where that border is open, there is a deluge of very poor people from many parts of the world pouring into the USA for their grand life of government handouts.

Not that they could be coming for jobs as there are few jobs since we closed the factories, and with the very high cost of living in the USA, it's not the case that the uneducated and unskilled are coming just because they want to work low wage jobs in a country that low wages cannot support their large families.

Mexico's unemployment rates if much lower than the USA's unemployment rate - normally you would think that would affect immigration but no, that's not the case. It's still one-way only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 AM

469 posts, read 1,256,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverTodd62 View Post
It was a song, don't get too caught up in your imagination...
Whether you call "it" imagination, vision, or a dream... it's not just a song, it's a reminder of mankind's greatest gift... the power to create. If we don't choose and re-choose imagination, then by default we're stuck with complacency, resignation, and apathy.

Imagination gives us the possibility of possibilities. And one of the things I imagine is a day when all people will experience sufficiency, fenced borders will be relics of the past, and world cultures will celebrate the richness of their diversities.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
You oughta just imagine winning the lottery, you're chances would be better...

Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 AM

Imagine if we could live forever. Imagine if we could flap our arms and fly. Imagine if we could breathe underwater. If we just use our imagination maybe big purple dinosaurs will come alive and play with us.

Imagining is good, so long as you don't lose sight of realism. To paraphrase a popular saying, God grant us the imagination to dream of things that we can perhaps achieve, the practicality to not waste too much time dreaming of things that are impossible, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
Imagination gives us the possibility of possibilities. And one of the things I imagine is a day when all people will experience sufficiency, fenced borders will be relics of the past, and world cultures will celebrate the richness of their diversities.
That's a perfectly fine vision to have. You understand what it will take. Parity, sufficiency, contentment, etc. You want the fences down then you gotta work on eliminating the reasons for those fences.

My problem is with those who only want to rant about the fences and not address the reasons for them. The fences aren't coming down first.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Imagine if we could live forever.
We would get the major advances in medical science that we enjoy today.

Quote:
Imagine if we could flap our arms and fly.
We would get airplanes.

Quote:
Imagine if we could breathe underwater.
We would get submarines and snorkels.

Quote:
If we just use our imagination maybe big purple dinosaurs will come alive and play with us.
Scientists are now working on the "Jurassic Park" notion of recreating dinosaurs from ancient DNA.

Quote:
Imagining is good, so long as you don't lose sight of realism.
Realism is way overrated. The biggest and best dreams are the ones first considered unrealistic.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
You want the fences down then you gotta work on eliminating the reasons for those fences.

My problem is with those who only want to rant about the fences and not address the reasons for them.
Very good point, and agreed!

Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 AM

597 posts, read 1,298,616 times
I am not American nor Mexican and I do not live in either countries. Many people will say this fence's border matter is not my business and I will say OK you're right. But I love both.
There's one thing I do not understand:
The Mexican government, sometime ago, has condemned Israel, at U.N., for the wall built in Palestinian occupied territories.
Hoewer, tolerates the "North's Rich" stand up a wall at the border, spy and shoot against Mexican territory claiming "it is to stop illegal imigration".

Old 01-23-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
I am not American nor Mexican and I do not live in either countries. Many people will say this fence's border matter is not my business and I will say OK you're right. But I love both.
There's one thing I do not understand:
The Mexican government, sometime ago, has condemned Israel, at U.N., for the wall built in Palestinian occupied territories.
Hoewer, tolerates the "North's Rich" stand up a wall at the border, spy and shoot against Mexican territory claiming "it is to stop illegal imigration".
First, there are a lot more examples of bullets flying north across that border than south.

Second, different circumstances. The wall in Gaza is condemned by many because it is built on disputed territory. You might note that Mexico has not condemned the "wall" that separates Egypt from Gaza.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
A fence or a wall around a persons property or that being a separation between two countries (border fence) is a sign of showing "Soverignty" whether it be as an Individual or Country.

The lot/land may vary in size but the principle/idea is still consistant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico