Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 01:20 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
I know you hate gringos. Its obvious but the war in Mexico is so much more than just a war on the drug cartels. Its a war against the Mexican's attitude toward easy money and acceptance of corruption. That is a war that Mexico will loose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 03:29 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,716 times
Looks like "Fast & Furious" was only one aspect of the Gunwalker project. Operation Castaway was orchestrated by the Tampa office of the ATF and moved guns to Honduras. That way they could enter Mexico from the South and presumably be more deniable. Understand the case is now under investigation and indictments being prepared. That doesn't mean they'll be enthusiastically prosecuted, but hope springs eternal! Naming the responsible BATF agent by name (Virginia O'Brien) suggests that they have more than just allegations to go on.

Breaking News: Source claims ATF's Tampa SAC walked guns to Honduras - National gun rights | Examiner.com

Old 07-08-2011, 03:56 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,340,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
I know you hate gringos. Its obvious but the war in Mexico is so much more than just a war on the drug cartels. Its a war against the Mexican's attitude toward easy money and acceptance of corruption. That is a war that Mexico will loose.
I hate myself? Are you nuts?

Old 07-08-2011, 04:01 PM

70 posts, read 129,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post

pffff you are so wrong...

it is a war against SOME and only SOME drug cartels to protect another cartel.

have you read about garcia luna? how he fabricates detentions to show on TV?

Old 07-10-2011, 09:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_inombrable View Post
Some people in Mexico blames Calderon for this 40,000 deaths, truth is the majority of this deaths are in hands of narco.

Yes, for mistake the army has been killed some innocent people, but this are a very low percentage. All the media put the attention when the army kill some innocents but don't say nothing about the missing and killed by narcos.

The poet son was kidnapped and killed by narcos, no by federal forces, the federal police get the responsible of this death in record time, so I really don't understand the movement of Sicilia, it looks like he's against the army and the police.
Yes, I think there were a few completely innocent bystanders but even many of the so-called innocent were there at parties of drug cartel members or family members of drug cartel members. Most of those killed were killed by their own cartel or the opposing cartel or because they are street thugs involved in gang battles.

I don't feel the least bit sad when some carjacker meets his Maker, or some kidnapper meets an untimely death. The street thugs are out there killing each other and that's not all bad. In the end it's all going to work out.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I hate myself? Are you nuts?
There are self-hating types found everywhere. I don't think you love the USA or Americans very much even if you are one. I don't have a problem with that, you aren't living in the USA and love your new country more. In my opinion that's good.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There are self-hating types found everywhere. I don't think you love the USA or Americans very much even if you are one. I don't have a problem with that, you aren't living in the USA and love your new country more. In my opinion that's good.
I like Mexico but I am 100% loyal to my country the U.S.A. I am not a Republican. As Al Fraken described the difference between Republicans and Democrats, Republicans look at the country like a 4 year old looks at his parents, all perfect, no faults. Democrats look at their country like grown-ups look at their parents, love them but they are only human and have faults.

I love my country but I know it has faults. Free Speech, free to criticize, is what made the U.S. a great country but like any human, it will never be perfect and must always be improving.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I like Mexico but I am 100% loyal to my country the U.S.A. I am not a Republican. As Al Fraken described the difference between Republicans and Democrats, Republicans look at the country like a 4 year old looks at his parents, all perfect, no faults. Democrats look at their country like grown-ups look at their parents, love them but they are only human and have faults.

I love my country but I know it has faults. Free Speech, free to criticize, is what made the U.S. a great country but like any human, it will never be perfect and must always be improving.
I don't get the feeling that you like the American people very much or have any sympathy for their unemployment situation and so on. But that's okay because you live with your new people. It's good you admire them more.

I've known others who prefer life in Mexico to that of the USA and prefer the people. I think immigration to get with the people you want to be a true part of is a good kind of immigration. At one time I considered staying and working in Mexico but I ran out of money and came home and decided to stay here.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I don't get the feeling that you like the American people very much or have any sympathy for their unemployment situation and so on. But that's okay because you live with your new people. It's good you admire them more.

I've known others who prefer life in Mexico to that of the USA and prefer the people. I think immigration to get with the people you want to be a true part of is a good kind of immigration. At one time I considered staying and working in Mexico but I ran out of money and came home and decided to stay here.
I've never written that I am not empathetic to the plight of unemployed Americans.

First I moved to Mexico to get away from my wacky daughters. Sounds terrible but most people move to another country to get away from them. It's not a dislike of my fellow citizens. It's a fear of relatives.

The people I admire are the one's who have overcome adversity and are still kind hearted, fair people and they can be found anywhere.

I defend Mexico against unwarranted attacks made by people who know nothing about Mexico, but I won't step into defending my state of Texas because it probably deserves any criticism it gets, especially if Gov. Good Hair makes a run for the White House.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:31 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,440 times
Quote:

malamute, no one should take sides just because that is your country. Some types work through assumptions. Axixic used facts to prove her point. That doesn't make her a bad American or a self-hating person. It makes her a smart critical thinker.

BTW, I find it interesting that you considered staying in Mexico to work but decided to the U.S. when you went empty pocket or as my friend would say, "money funny". Then you turn around and slam those that do the same but hey that is for another forum...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico