Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 10:45 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times

Advertisements

Yup its Irene for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikollen View Post

Mexicans = aztecs, toltecs, olmecs etc.

Central Americans = mayans

Bolivians, Peruvians, Ecuadorians = incans
The only countries with a significant Mayan population in Central America are Belize and Guatemala.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhughes52 View Post
MANY Mexicans are a tri-racial mix of (1) Indian (for the most part), (2) Spanish (for a lesser part), and (3) Black.

Mexicans will not admit to having black in them even when it is blatantly obvious. Truth is, MORE AFRICAN SLAVES were dropped off in Mexico than were brought to the United States! So, where are they now?

They freely mixed in with the Indians, who in-turn mixed with Mestizos. Mexicans are a complex and beautiful combination of races. MOST Mexicans are still PREDOMINATELY Indian, and many are still totally Indian. But again, they WILL NOT ADMIT THIS, because they have been turned against themselves. If you ask them, they are 100% WHITE EUROPEAN SPANISH!

Most people don't know this, but Mexico has a large Black population (about 2million) living in the state of Veracruz. They DO NOT have Mexican citizenship. They ARE NOT provided with education. They can not get jobs. They are forced to be subsistence farmers. Even though they've been there for centuries, they are NOT included in the census or considered to be "Mexican" people. The worse form of racism and discrimination I've ever heard of comes from MEXICO towards it's Black population.

Mexico not only rejects their Blacks, but they seriously discriminate against ANYONE with darker skin coloring whether they be Black or not! Dark-skinned Indians..dark-skinned Mulattos, dark-skinned Mestizos all share the same fate: THE BOTTOM!

Yea! That's Mexico.
Truth!

Old 07-25-2015, 06:00 AM

14 posts, read 13,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
Outside of a few regions in the USA there is very little contact with pure indigenous people. There is no particular racism any more.

Racist attitudes towards indigenous people have gone back for centuries in Latin America.

But, simple logic will tell you that there is more indigenous blood in Latin America than in Northern Americas. At the time of the European conquest the population of Mexico was estimated at 24 million. It took well over 4 centuries to recover to that population level.

The population of Natives Americans in present day USA in 1609 was a fraction of that of Mexico.

But Indigenous population in Latin America almost disappeared after the plagues, from a total of perhaps 120 millions to 2 or 3 millions. Such a fact prompted the importation of African slaves even in places like Mexico and Peru.

There's a confusion between Mexicans in the US and Mexicans in Mexico.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:03 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post

these Mayan women look asian, no signs of Spanish ancestory
LOl Those are not Mayan women. Whats your point anyway?

Old 07-25-2015, 09:54 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post

these Mayan women look asian, no signs of Spanish ancestory
Those do not look like Mayan women. Their featutes do not look Mayan, and not even their attire looks Mayan. What is your source?

Old 07-25-2015, 09:55 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
LOl Those are not Mayan women. Whats your point anyway?
Lol I was thinking the same thing.

But, all little brown Indians are the same, aren't they?

Old 07-25-2015, 11:17 AM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhughes52 View Post
MANY Mexicans are a tri-racial mix of (1) Indian (for the most part), (2) Spanish (for a lesser part), and (3) Black.

Mexicans will not admit to having black in them even when it is blatantly obvious. Truth is, MORE AFRICAN SLAVES were dropped off in Mexico than were brought to the United States! So, where are they now?

They freely mixed in with the Indians, who in-turn mixed with Mestizos. Mexicans are a complex and beautiful combination of races. MOST Mexicans are still PREDOMINATELY Indian, and many are still totally Indian. But again, they WILL NOT ADMIT THIS, because they have been turned against themselves. If you ask them, they are 100% WHITE EUROPEAN SPANISH!

Most people don't know this, but Mexico has a large Black population (about 2million) living in the state of Veracruz. They DO NOT have Mexican citizenship. They ARE NOT provided with education. They can not get jobs. They are forced to be subsistence farmers. Even though they've been there for centuries, they are NOT included in the census or considered to be "Mexican" people. The worse form of racism and discrimination I've ever heard of comes from MEXICO towards it's Black population.

Mexico not only rejects their Blacks, but they seriously discriminate against ANYONE with darker skin coloring whether they be Black or not! Dark-skinned Indians..dark-skinned Mulattos, dark-skinned Mestizos all share the same fate: THE BOTTOM!

Yea! That's Mexico.
I was aware that there was a fairly high African segment in the gene pool in Veracruz but this is the first time I have ever heard anyone claim that black people are an officially distinct non-citizen class as you do or that they are discriminated against to the extent you say. Can you provide some kind of source for this?

Old 07-25-2015, 12:24 PM

103 posts, read 97,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikollen View Post
Latin America it depends as far as european heritage, some parts of latin america are largely european, others african.... we must remember that Mexico I agree, it is vastly indigenous, however Mexico is not interchangeable with Latin America.

Using logic it's easy to see that Mexicans are quite indigenous, not culturally (as most speak spanish and are catholic) but genetically.

Think about it, Mexico had millions of indigenous, spaniards went and colonized and some mixed, but a couple of thousands of spaniards are not enough to mix with millions of indigenous mexicans to create this so called half/half - white/indigenous mix.

After mexico's independence, there was never a significant number of spaniards migrating to mexico, most spaniards who left Europe during the wars and so on, went to Argentina, Uruguay, Cuba, Venezuela and other european countries like France (on these countries you find actual descendants of spaniard immigrants). Most mexicans european admixture is colonial, rather than direct.

After independence most of Mexico's population grew again, and stayed quite unmixed, although with the spanish input from the colonial times, but the indigenous population grew back though this time mostly hispanic (culturally speaking), however vastly indigenous genetically speaking.
I thought that I read that more Europeans arrived to Mexico during the Porfiriato, mainly to Mexico City. Didn't these people also mix with the mestizo Mexicans?

Old 07-25-2015, 09:11 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,680 times
Sources I have read say only about 25,000 refugees from Spain arrived in Mexico as a result of the Spanish Civil War. I had assumed the number was much greater.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:57 PM

1,230 posts, read 993,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wale57 View Post
It depends what part of Mexico you are from because different regions have different people that came to that area. I'm from Northern Mexico which has a stronger spanish influence in its people and culture but that doesn't mean every person from the Northern region looks 100% spanish. There was natives and the conquistadors mixed with them (some). I am very dark skinned with big hazel eyes I'm extremely hairy facial hair, chest hair and leg hair. Everywhere I go people think I'm arab. So truth is I know I'm mixed however the percentages of admixture can only be determined with a test. Keep in mind that there are many many tribes of natives in Mexico. The Aztecs only had more recognition because of their large civilization. We also have Tarahumara indians,Tepehuanes, Huichols to name a few and they look nothing like aztecs. So to answer your question the majority of the Mexicans are Mestizo which is native and european admixture. Remember people have been mixing back and forth since colonial times so looks are going to vary from person to person. Basically any race can be found in Mexico because after all it did receive immigration waves although not as large or diverse as the U.S.
It makes it strange lot of Mexicans look like people from the middle east like East India , Pakistan and Bangladesh. Yet none of those people moved to Mexico.

Than you get small minority that look like they came from Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico