Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you hate most about Miami?
Rude people 64 44.14%
Lack of Diversity 25 17.24%
Crime 43 29.66%
Drug problems 32 22.07%
Schools 22 15.17%
Bad Economy 32 22.07%
Boring/Nothing to Do 12 8.28%
Distances too far 16 11.03%
Not easy to stay thin 6 4.14%
Cost of Living 38 26.21%
Low Income 29 20.00%
Traffic 38 26.21%
Insufficient Public Transportation 16 11.03%
I actually like it here 41 28.28%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 12:26 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
I agree with much of your post, although I am reluctant to name specific ethnic groups when it comes to Miami's ills. I am of the opinion that bad people in Miami come from all ethnic groups present here, rich, poor or dwindling middle class.

The evilness you describe is probably due to the fact that Miami was built on dirty money, more so than any other American city over the past few decades. Miami has been attracting bad people since even before the drug days. Fast forward to present day Miami and you have a vast majority of people who have little or no respect for others, no sense of community and a level of professionalism lower than anywhere else in the country.

Miami attracts people who come here to party, people running away from other states/countries, New Yorkers who expect the same levels of service as
New York, immigrants who choose to live how they lived in their former countries, people who come here to scam, people who like to pose and show off the crap they got in debt to buy and crooked doctors who steal from Medicare. All in all, a bad mix of people. No sense of community? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why.

The word rudeness is not always a word I'd use to describe people here, because it's not like people yell "**** you" at one another in the street. It's more of an extreme lack of regard for others and self-entitlement that is so deeply ingrained in people, along with lack of morals. Put it this way, I grew up in South Philly and what I see here in Miami shocks me on a daily basis.
I totally agree with both of you... This is what we see in Miami every single days. For some people it's pretty normal and others are disgusted. Miami was built under fraud and drugs. I used to work in the Grove and I hear the word drugs and money laundry every single day. I remember my ex boyfriend who came to Miami from New York in 1986 tell me the history of Miami and specially Coconut Grove...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 12:33 PM

683 posts, read 1,469,450 times
Florida has always been influenced by spanish culture. F L O R i D A.

Georgia is where angloamerica starts.

I like Miami.

You see... The usa is a union of states. Each state has a different history, some were colonized by the English, some by the french, and many by the Spanish.

Some of you dislike Miami because ir isnt like NY or Chicago, plz... Why should the usa be all the same? That would be boring.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:49 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,803,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I like it here.

Yes, I agree all these problems exist, but up here on my ivory tower, I do not have to live among all of it, just encounter it when I go somewhere, which really sucks (Adventura mall ghetto idiots running around).

I do feel for those who are decent people who are forced because of income to live among all the hood rats. Then their kids are unduly influenced by all these people and grow up to be a hood rat of their own.

It is a crime it seems to be poor here, you get screwed every which way.
Its Aventura - AVENTURA.
I tried to resist - but in post after post seeing it misspelled by Boxus was like nails on a chalkboard.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:56 PM

932 posts, read 1,178,001 times
South Florida should simply become it's own Spanish-speaking state within the US. At least there should be a vote on it. This isn't a criticism - if it's what the majority want, then so be it. Miami would be the US equivalent of Montreal, only Spanish speaking. I would have no real problem with it as 1) I'm not sticking around and 2) it'd stop people from bashing the US for being so monolingual and would encourage people to learn a 2nd language.

Florida itself was discovered by Spaniards anyway. At the very least, those moving here would know what to expect and would come equipped with Spanish.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:26 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,646,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Oh, one more thing: the majority of people are not aware of these issues, because the majority are participants of all the negative things you mentioned. They don't see these things as a problem, but as a way of life - it's like everyone in the 305 has been raised in the same house by the same lowlife parents.
Some people in Aventura, Sunny Isles, North Miami Beach, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbour Isles, Golden Beach and Miami Shores has still the 305 code in their numbers and fortunately they have nothing to do with all that description above.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:33 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,201,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
Some people in Aventura, Sunny Isles, North Miami Beach, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbour Isles, Golden Beach and Miami Shores has still the 305 code in their numbers and fortunately they have nothing to do with all that description above.
How I wish every hood in Dade was like Aventura. <3

Old 12-26-2010, 03:06 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,064,233 times
^^ well not me. If I wanted to live in a condo, I would move to a city where people actually walk and live real urban lives. Condos here are a joke. Also I'm not that thrilled with aventuras demographics and surrounding neighborhoods.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:29 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,928,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
^^ well not me. If I wanted to live in a condo, I would move to a city where people actually walk and live real urban lives. Condos here are a joke. Also I'm not that thrilled with aventuras demographics and surrounding neighborhoods.
What bothers you?

Old 12-26-2010, 04:00 PM

221 posts, read 453,339 times
The people are easily the worst thing about Miami. So many people here are rude, ignorant, stupid, materialistic, superficial scumbags.

To be honest, if the people were better, I really wouldn't have to complain so much about living here.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:54 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
Florida has always been influenced by spanish culture. F L O R i D A.

Georgia is where angloamerica starts.

I like Miami.

You see... The usa is a union of states. Each state has a different history, some were colonized by the English, some by the french, and many by the Spanish.

Some of you dislike Miami because ir isnt like NY or Chicago, plz... Why should the usa be all the same? That would be boring.
exactly, theres no such thing as diversity in Miami, its either you join the spanish culture or not . A lot of people are on their high horse and stuck in their homeland mentality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami