Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 03:23 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,261,303 times

Advertisements

Palermodude, I like that "DO NOT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF ATTITUDE", I really do. I also do believe that we all are in control of our destiny, whether for better or worse.

I also believe that at times, life is about trade offs. One must sometimes give up something of value or convenience to gain something else.

I will also add that I myself do not like the changes that are occuring in Miami and the direction it is headed. In fact, I have on many occasions have pointed out what I don't like in general, as well as what I do like. One thing we can control is our ATTITUDE. Being optimistic and personally having control of how one treats others (with kindness, respect, courtesy)regardless if many people around you do not behave with the same pleasant attitude.

For me right now living in Miami is a trade off for the benefit of my kids and family at the present time. However, me moving to the right city at the right time is nearly approaching as I plan to move out of South Florida within the next couple of years. In the mean time, I am not blind to what in my opinion is the overall diminishing of the quality of life in Miami, yet at the same time I make the best of it, and do not let unimportant issues like rude drivers, poor customer service get to me, or get the best of me.

In fact, when an impatient rude driver tailgates behind me and honks the horn rushing me to turn or move forward when it is not safe I do one of two things: 1) Tune him out and ignore him. Or 2) Smile and wave at him. I cannot control other peoples attitudes and rudeness, but I can control how I react
to the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: