Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:35 PM

31 posts, read 34,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
True .
most of the high crime is in the areas where people in miami live.overtown is the most dangerous street in miami no tourist there.i buy some stuff there sometimes but even i find it dangerous if it wasnt for my $$$ i would have prob. been in trouble there by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 03:51 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,439,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Most of the time the people who cause problems/raise taxes do not live in the suburbs.
-------

Because they are dead. Living in those suburban graveyards is just like being dead. Moderator cut: Flaming/Trolling/Offensive

Last edited by doggiebus; 06-26-2009 at 04:31 PM..

Old 11-13-2010, 05:26 PM

26 posts, read 50,805 times
um, what the hell are you talking about, NYC was voted safest big city in the nation, ive lived in bothcities and overall nyc is much safer even the ghettos there are safer than the ones here. and the nice/rich areas in nyc are 10 times safer than the ones in miami. im so happy i left this hell hole and went back to my native town 8 years was more than enough abuse than i needed.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:26 PM

199 posts, read 477,104 times
I have also lived in both cities and I have no interest in going back to NY. Weather sucks, rude people, stupid accent, and I witnessed a hold up, something I have yet to see here. Oh yeah, I remember the huge rats in the subway. Disgusting.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:18 PM

535 posts, read 1,413,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
People, I was trying to be positive....

I know this city has a terrible quality of life.... I agree... the fattest people, the least affordable, the worst traffic (because its impossible for us to construct a subway system), one of the highest crime rates, the city with the highest incident of HIV+ in the USA, etc etc etc, and the most terrible of all...which is... the GDP per capita of a third world country, which is 15,000$ a year. The GDP of Chile is $14,800 and the cost of living in Miami is twice higher or over compared to Chile. This is a third world country city located inside a first world country. This is a bizarre city...

I know why you hate Miami, in fact, I am not happy here.... I feel bored many times because this city wasn`t built in a way where people can have social contact with other people such as NYC, San Francisco...etc. (In NYC people walk on the avenues, streets, parks, etc etc). That`s one of the reason why the people is so fat! Nobody walks in this city, everybody commutes by car to and from work.
People here are always inside a vehicle....because the distances are soo big and noone would be crazy to walk on the sidewalks like in European cities or other American cities. (That`s why some people get bored and feel lonely). And that`s why there are so many singles looking for a significant other...and for many its impossible because if you go to the malls or to SoBe you`ll see mostly tourists...all the local people usually have 2 or 3 jobs trying to survive in this expensive city where salaries are the lowest in the nation.

I agree with many of you...there is no quality of life in Miami.
That's my country!!! I regret so bad coming to Miami thinking of "a better future" my ass!!! I;m poorer than ever and unemployed!!!!

By the way, cost of living in Santiago (the capital and most expensive city) is around 4 times less than Miami's. A 3 bedroom middle class apartment is around $300 a month! Plus we have a great public transportation systems that helps you save tons of money! And we have four seasons, nice people and a more educated and less superficial society.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:11 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,220,607 times
I'm not gonna lie, Santiago is impressive!!!!!!. No city in America (besides NY, of course) can even compare to Santiago in terms of EVERYTHING. Too bad they only lack the Chinese and Japanese culture- I guess nothing is 100 % perfect.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:57 AM

199 posts, read 477,104 times
I don't know about that, yesterday I met a Chilean born in the city of Iquique with the last name Lin Yang- pure Chinese!!! He told me there are a few Koreans in Chile. I have been to Chile and the country is beautiful and very organized (for Latin America).

Old 11-20-2010, 06:03 PM

535 posts, read 1,413,660 times
I've not been in Chile for almost a decade It has changed a lot for good. There're expressways, new skycrappers, new shopping malls, new metro lines and a whole new bus system. I've only seen pictures and it doesn't look nothing alike to the Santiago I met in the 90's. Unemployment in Chile is 8.8% and the poverty rate is 15%. I watch Chilean television at my parents home and I saw the other day that consuming of electronics and sales in general are doing great and they'll open 160 new supermarkets next year. My relatives are all employed in their field except for one who is a graphic designer. Sometimes I feel like going back so bad. Here are some pictures

Vitacura

Hyatt Hotel, this commuty is beautiful!
Under Construction buildings (probably they're done already)

Universidad de Chile Metro Station

Metro Station

Old 11-20-2010, 06:08 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,498,052 times
Topic is Miami, let's get back to that please.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:32 PM

824 posts, read 1,180,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11 View Post
I have to agree that lately crime has gotten worst this year. However when you compare most of the cities on the list, the numbers are not that difference which says that Miami's crime problem is nothing unusual relative to what the rest of the country is experiencing.

DO not let the list fool you. Chicago, DC, NYC, St. Louis are all cities that have major crime problems that are similar if not worst to those in Miami.
Even Philadelphia and Detroit are even worse than miami, I Went back to my home city (Philadelphia) and it was a pile of **** and truly terrible, buildings are truly pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami