Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 04:56 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
Except that the infection rates reported by the antibody tests indicate that the lockdown was a complete failure. The disease spread in spite of the lockdown and states that didn't do draconian lockdowns are doing better than MI. The President also reported today studies showing how heat and UV light are killing the Wuhan virus. He said this would be the case when the virus came out. He's been right on just about everything that he's said on this virus. He never believed the models. He was right on the effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine. He's right on the UV/heat killing this virus. He was right on the China travel ban. The guy should fire Fauci and just go with his intuition; Fauci will never want the lockdown to end.

So nice of your to want to reward us by giving back some of our civil rights when the government had no authority to suspend them (especially the state government). And as predicted in my other posts in this thread, I knew some people would see this fiasco as a success and never want the state government to give up their power grab. It's lunacy. As cold/flu season ends in MI, I'm sure that will be because of the lockdown and not the arrival of better weather.
Yo sparrow, the test do NOT - I repeat: NOT - show lockdown was a failure at all. You have exactly zero ability in analysis, sorry to report.

And your brilliant ‘effing POTUS just suggested that people should maybe ingest or inject cleaning chemicals into their lungs. Which suggestion has doctors aghast across the country, as doing so would be suicide. Pretty sure that is the single most amazingly stupid thing anyone has ever said about anything in the history of the world.

Nighty night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 06:48 AM

610 posts, read 264,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
The hospitals that aren't full or the extra emergency hospitals that are not to capacity are that way BECAUSE we practiced social distancing and went into lockdown.
In otherwords, the lockdown is working perfectly, just as it is supposed to.
So spewing numbers that this isn't all that bad totally ignores the SUCCESS of the lockdown.
Anyone who could use some education on this matter can compare the charts on social distancing early, mid, and late to never, such as this link.
https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...rmeasures-are/

Now the big question is: How does Whitmer appease the natives getting restless while not blowing the success we have achieved by social distancing? Spring is here (or should be if this darn snow and freezing temps will end) and people will at least want to get out and about and work on their garden, get the grass mowed by outside companies if needed, start more home improvement projects, and look for a reward for most of us having behaved as asked. That's fair enough I think. To avoid civil unrest a few rewards are needed for good behavior, but it has to be done oh so carefully, and this partial success is no time to "get cocky and arrogant" as Cuomo so aptly put it... I love that man!

I guess the crappy spring weather this year was ultimately a good thing in that it kept more people inside. You are absolutely right though, the natives are indeed getting restless. I have been saying all along that June 1st will be the tipping point for even the most hardcore "stay homers".

Old 04-24-2020, 09:25 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,692,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yo sparrow, the test do NOT - I repeat: NOT - show lockdown was a failure at all. You have exactly zero ability in analysis, sorry to report.

And your brilliant ‘effing POTUS just suggested that people should maybe ingest or inject cleaning chemicals into their lungs. Which suggestion has doctors aghast across the country, as doing so would be suicide. Pretty sure that is the single most amazingly stupid thing anyone has ever said about anything in the history of the world.

Nighty night.
That was a legendary statement by the president - his instruction to “look into it” was quite amusing, as a nurse in a dialysis center - red blood cells undergo hemolysis when exposed to the tiniest amounts of chlorine.. Your blood cells literally explode.

We have indeed “looked into it”, and there’s a CMS requirement to check our dialysis water for trace amounts of chlorine before initiating treatment, and every four hours during the day. Failure to check the water on time, every time - is grounds for immediate termination.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
... The President also reported today studies showing how heat and UV light are killing the Wuhan virus. He said this would be the case when the virus came out. He's been right on just about everything that he's said on this virus. He never believed the models. He was right on the effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine. He's right on the UV/heat killing this virus. He was right on the China travel ban. The guy should fire Fauci and just go with his intuition; Fauci will never want the lockdown to end...
yo Sparrow ... here’s the latest on your brilliant POTUS being “right about everything so far ... Hydroxychloroquine“

Quote:
Citing a ‘primary outcome’ of death, researchers cut chloroquine coronavirus study short over safety concerns
... Citing a “primary outcome” of death, researchers cut short a study testing anti-malaria drug chloroquine as a potential treatment for Covid-19 after some patients developed irregular heart beats and nearly two dozen died after taking doses daily.

Scientists say the findings, published Friday in the Journal of the American Medical Association, should prompt some degree of skepticism from the public toward enthusiastic claims and perhaps “serve to curb the exuberant use” of the drug, which has been touted by President Donald Trump as a potential “game changer” in the fight against the coronavirus...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/coro...-concerns.html

Old 04-24-2020, 11:58 AM

864 posts, read 1,721,522 times
The experts completely debunked that story. Come on, look at the source. The URL was chopped but I know what it was about. This was a small survey (can't call it a study) where they showed hydroxychloroquine being given at the time of intubation (way too late) compared with their "control group" that was given another antibiotic also meant to help with the virus. This was in essence journalistic malpractice combined with extremely bad science. The media will publish anything if it undermines Trump in some way though.

Hydroxychloroquine has one of the longest and best safety records of any prescription drug on the market and you'll see articles that in effect call it poison. It's used by millions of people for long duration as an antimalarial drug. There are two main problems with it -- it's cheap (no profit) and Trump endorsed it (politically untenable). Unfortunately, it's also been found to be very effective which is why every hospital dealing with large numbers of Wuhan virus victims is using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
yo Sparrow ... here’s the latest on your brilliant POTUS being “right about everything so far ... Hydroxychloroquine“

Old 04-24-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
The experts completely debunked that story. Come on, look at the source. The URL was chopped but I know what it was about. This was a small survey (can't call it a study) where they showed hydroxychloroquine being given at the time of intubation (way too late) compared with their "control group" that was given another antibiotic also meant to help with the virus. This was in essence journalistic malpractice combined with extremely bad science. The media will publish anything if it undermines Trump in some way though.

Hydroxychloroquine has one of the longest and best safety records of any prescription drug on the market and you'll see articles that in effect call it poison. It's used by millions of people for long duration as an antimalarial drug. There are two main problems with it -- it's cheap (no profit) and Trump endorsed it (politically untenable). Unfortunately, it's also been found to be very effective which is why every hospital dealing with large numbers of Wuhan virus victims is using it.
Roflmao ... Sparrow, you are a unique personality. And textbook Eric Hoffer True Believer.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:21 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,614,894 times
Quote:
Except that the infection rates reported by the antibody tests indicate that the lockdown was a complete failure. The disease spread in spite of the lockdown and states that didn't do draconian lockdowns are doing better than MI. The President also reported today studies showing how heat and UV light are killing the Wuhan virus. He said this would be the case when the virus came out. He's been right on just about everything that he's said on this virus. He never believed the models. He was right on the effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine. He's right on the UV/heat killing this virus. He was right on the China travel ban. The guy should fire Fauci and just go with his intuition; Fauci will never want the lockdown to end.

So nice of your to want to reward us by giving back some of our civil rights when the government had no authority to suspend them (especially the state government). And as predicted in my other posts in this thread, I knew some people would see this fiasco as a success and never want the state government to give up their power grab. It's lunacy. As cold/flu season ends in MI, I'm sure that will be because of the lockdown and not the arrival of better weather.
The virus is still spreading as long as people with it come in contact with other people, this is common sense stuff. The virus would have been MUCH higher without the lockdown, again, common sense. The hospitals would have been overrun, the numbers ten to 100 times higher, same with the deaths. Again, I posted the graphs, all you needed to do was read them and compare "do nothing" with "mitigation". It's right there in the link I posted along with so many other similar graphs everywhere across the internet for anyone to read and learn to understand. You can lead a horse to water though, you can't make it drink.

You're not one of those people considering inhaling disinfectants or bleaches are you? I know your Great Leader brought it up today as something to do. Please don't follow this suggestion, I'm starting to get worried for your health since you believe Trump "been right on just about everything".

Old 04-24-2020, 12:37 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,614,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
I guess the crappy spring weather this year was ultimately a good thing in that it kept more people inside. You are absolutely right though, the natives are indeed getting restless. I have been saying all along that June 1st will be the tipping point for even the most hardcore "stay homers".
It is getting very difficult for everyone across the nation. We're running out of patience, we want our normal back, denial is setting in. We don't have half the ant colony mentality of the Chinese. Their government says fall in line this way, and they do. Our government can't hold a firm decision on much of anything and Trump changes his tune everyday, if not every five minutes, contradicting himself constantly in an effort to say he said the right thing--I suppose yes, if Trump holds 100 different views on a topic depending on which day of the week it is, eventually he'll say something that is somewhat right. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually.
My patience is wearing thin, I'm a homebody, and I'm not one of the unlucky ones who just lost their jobs. I want to go to the nursery and buy plants. I want to go out to eat, sit in a restaurant, people watch. I want to walk around Main st. USA and wander in and out of stores without a care in the world. I want to appreciate Spring and attend a few fairs, watch some musicians outside, go look at crafts, go fishing on a speed boat. It's going to take an awful lot of adjustment to realize that these things are no longer possible for awhile, and this is our new normal. I'm beyond sick of being alone stuck in my house. I'm starting to fantasize of running outside, screaming "Infect me!" to find out if I live or die so that I can walk around (if alive) with some immunity and fearlessly...bottom line is stuck in my house is not living, it's just existing.
But the last thing I would ever do would be stupid enough to question the medical experts, graphs and hard facts, or rebel and riot. Lockdown is the best method to handle this right now, and each one of us has to squash the impatient child in us and help the cause...stop the spread.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
It is getting very difficult for everyone across the nation. We're running out of patience, we want our normal back, denial is setting in. We don't have half the ant colony mentality of the Chinese. Their government says fall in line this way, and they do. Our government can't hold a firm decision on much of anything and Trump changes his tune everyday, if not every five minutes, contradicting himself constantly in an effort to say he said the right thing--I suppose yes, if Trump holds 100 different views on a topic depending on which day of the week it is, eventually he'll say something that is somewhat right. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually.
My patience is wearing thin, I'm a homebody, and I'm not one of the unlucky ones who just lost their jobs. I want to go to the nursery and buy plants. I want to go out to eat, sit in a restaurant, people watch. I want to walk around Main st. USA and wander in and out of stores without a care in the world. I want to appreciate Spring and attend a few fairs, watch some musicians outside, go look at crafts, go fishing on a speed boat. It's going to take an awful lot of adjustment to realize that these things are no longer possible for awhile, and this is our new normal. I'm beyond sick of being alone stuck in my house. I'm starting to fantasize of running outside, screaming "Infect me!" to find out if I live or die so that I can walk around (if alive) with some immunity and fearlessly...bottom line is stuck in my house is not living, it's just existing.
But the last thing I would ever do would be stupid enough to question the medical experts, graphs and hard facts, or rebel and riot. Lockdown is the best method to handle this right now, and each one of us has to squash the impatient child in us and help the cause...stop the spread.
You now can do more things (see bolded examples above). Whitmer’s new guidelines open nurseries and motorboating and golf and more:

https://nbc25news.com/news/state/whi...les-04-24-2020

Old 04-24-2020, 01:04 PM

2,676 posts, read 2,629,828 times
Quote:
It is getting very difficult for everyone across the nation. We're running out of patience, we want our normal back, denial is setting in.
I don't think it's a matter of wanting normal back. 26 million people have filed for unemployment, and there are a lot more on the way. We're already at about 25% unemployment, it will likely go over 30%. People aren't antsy because they're stuck in their homes - they're terrified because they have no job, no where to get a job, no idea how long the lock downs are going to last, and no idea if they'll be able to get a job when the lock downs end. They have no idea what's going to happen to them, if they're going to lose everything they've worked their entire lives for. This isn't an inconvenience, and it isn't just being antsy. Eventually people will become desperate, I hope it doesn't get to that point, but eventually they will. The ability to get a job is the only thing that will fix this.

Quote:
There are 10's of millions of people affected by this. If 99.9% follow your lead, there will be 10's of thousands that don't. That's a lot of people who can cause a lot of trouble. What are the odds 100% of people follow your lead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan