Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 7,706 times

Advertisements

Here's the story, as I've heard it:
There was a poor family, a farmer and his housewife, that lived on Nash Road. The housewife had an affair with a civil war veteran, and the farmer found out. The farmer then killed the veteran, and drug his body down Nash Road. While doing such, the veteran's leg was torn off on the bridge he was drug over. The housewife found his leg after the funeral, and stitched it onto her own body. (Making her the three legged lady). She then went crazy, killed the farmer, then committed suicide. She now walks up and down Nash Road, and haunts the church (which isn't there anymore) that the funeral took place in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 7,629 times
Story is she & her brother wer having a 3 legged race. When u drive down the road, it's as if she was trying to hit your car or push you off the road to avoid being hit.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:04 PM

106 posts, read 398,848 times
Way I heard it is the lady was a dyke. No ghosts, no spooks, etc. Just a dyke who lived on that road at some point long ago. - Locals apparently generated a ghost story out of that.

Not glamorous, spooky, or even interesting.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:18 AM

5 posts, read 35,023 times
I'm an MSMS graduate... There was a man and her husband who lived on Nash Rd. She loved her husband dearly and devoted her entire life to him.. She discovered one day that he was cheating on her, so she killed him and chopped him up into bits. She sewed his leg onto her hip (hence 3 legged lady) so he would always stay with her, and buried the rest of his body all over the cemetary down that road. The church found out and accused her of murder and threatened to turn her in, so one day during sunday mass, she locked everyone inside the church then lit in on fire! The remains of the dead are scattered up and down the road. She has never been seen since. Rumor is that she will kill anyone who walks on the church grounds and may tell her secret.

I know this is so inaccurate, but that's how it was told... usually we had a few people back in the woods behind the "church" rustling and making noises and whatnot when we brought the new kids around.

I've seen the tractor... it was a party spot.. we'd go to the "bulldozer" to drink and whatnot... it's long since been moved when someone began to catch onto us.

I always got there by going past Harvey's and HWY 82... from then i think you go straight and the road ends... or maybe it's left? and then it turns into gravel... It's been a while.

Did you know there's a network of tunnels under Columbus used during the civil war to move & hide confederate soldiers? Supposedly there's catacombs too, but I find that unlikely... All while I was at MSMS, I wanted to explore the tunnels... O & Friendship Cemetary is SOOOO haunted... I learned this first hand while performing during Tales of the Crypt.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 6,808 times
Default 3 legged lady

The 3 legged lady is on Nash Road in Columbus below Bob's Towing-goes to right at crossroads. The church burnt down years ago but place will be in sharp curve and will find small graveyard by the side of the road on right.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:48 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,240,785 times
According to old USGS maps, Antioch Church is located on Nash Road HERE. Google maps shows a structure still standing at that location. I don't know if it's the same church or not.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 6,728 times
the true story is that she was born on Nash Road with a disorder.Her organs were strung together and hung out of her body in the shape of an extra leg.The kids taunted her.Therefore she got the nickname three legged lady.She got tired of it,locked everyone in the church,and burned it down.Years later,she was hospitalized and died in there.She was buried in the cemetery located on Nash Road.To this day,she haunts everyone that comes near the church or graveyard and the ancestors of those who taunted her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
View detailed profiles of: