Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 04:39 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times

Advertisements

One of the best in a loooong time, mamagator. Thank you. Have to try some of those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 11:07 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagator54 View Post
Thank you MrsG.. I hope my aura is as wonderful as your glorious light. I have been in many threads and read your posts that help so many. In fact I read a post that said to go to genforum and I found a niece I had not talked to in 7 years. My light will never shine as bright as your's. I can only hope to use you as my guide in helping others.
My goal right now is to meet you. I will make an OTFCC meeting one of these days.
You can not believe how much being in this forum has helped me. I love Missouri but I love the Mo people the best. I am in the process of making up my MO forum T-shirt. (forget what thread that was in) I think I will wear it whenever I go anywhere just hoping I will find one of my CD family.
I know spring is here.. I'm allergic to bugs, Have a HUGE boil type sore under my armpit from a tick I picked off yesterday. I have used neosproin, prid drawing salve, benadryl but it is still driving me crazy. I hate bugs!
If I take benadryl during the day I just want to go to sleep. So....
Good night all...................
Awww, MamaG! I am so touched by your words! Like you, this forum has meant so much to me and I consider my MO peeps my first new friends in this state. It really helped in the transition, somehow.

I am tempted to hold my breath, waiting to meet you at an OTFCC gathering...but then I wouldn't be around to actually MEET you so I've decided to just talk in really long sentences in the hopes that it will make it seem less long until you finally grab your dear hubby and hop in the truck and git yerselves down here! You're not so far away, after all so pleeeease come join us and spare all of the rests of these fine folks from having to listen to me...er...read...all these loooong sentences! They'll thank you, I'm sure!

Oh! I completely forgot to mention your bug allergies thing...have you ever tried melaleuca a.k.a. Tea Tree Oil? It will draw out the bite stuff and is great for all sorts of things...hundreds, really...and is even good for 2nd degree burns!!! It should be in every medicine chest in America! You can buy it cheaply at WalMart and any drugstore...and it lasts forever...but if you're dealing with bedsores or diabetic sores, be sure you get good stuff that's been bottled in Australia. We have one in every room and even in our shower, travel case and we even keep a bottle in each vehicle so we're pretty serious about it. Google it if you want to know more...or write me and I'll find more info if any of you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagator54 View Post
Okay, I received this e-mail from "The Mom" a.k.a. the mother-in-law and just had to share it with all of you.
1st. put down the coffee so you don't ruin your keyboard!

To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and
point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.

2.Page Yourself Over The Intercom.. Don't Disguise Your Voice !

3.Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, ask If They Want
Fries with that.

4.Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone has
Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.

5.In the Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write ' For Marijuana'

6.Finish All Your sentences with 'In Accordance With The Prophecy.'

7.Skip down the hall Rather Than Walk and see how many looks you get.

8.Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.

9.Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is 'To Go.'

10.Sing Along At The Opera.

11.Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area and Play tropical
Sounds All Day.

12.Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their
Party Because You have a headache.

13.When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream 'I Won! I Won!'

14.When Leaving the Zoo, Start Running towards the Parking lot,
Yelling 'Run For Your Lives! They're Loose!'

15.Tell Your Children Over Dinner, 'Due To The Economy, We Are Going
To Have To Let One Of You Go.'
O'm'gosh! There are several really funny ones in that list that made me "LOL out loud", as Monk says, who is the main character of one of my favorite shows on TV (Monk) and is on on Friday nights right before or after Psyche, another of my favorite shows...gasp! ...and my dh loves both of them too..."oh, bother"...which is another silly thing that Alton Brown, who has a bunch of shows on The Food Network and is really smart and really funny...gasp! ...whew!...so when are you ever gonna commit to joining us at an OTFCC...cause these looong sentences are killin' me!!!

Oh...and thanks for the warning to set down our beverage of choice...and NWVoyager, I'm with you...I've just GOT to give a few of these a try...like #s 8, 9, 12 & 13!!!

Still LOLing!

Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,663 times
Aaaagh! MamaG! I forgot to mention that I couldn't be any more thrilled than to learn that you found your cousin through my link!!! How awesome is that???!!!

I don't think there have been any replies to that thread so I wonder if the two that posted there will come back or ever see it. It makes me especially happy to know that someone was helped with the links!

When I was writing that post, I realized that I should probably write an article on the subject of free ways to search for your family or history. I'm taking a course on writing magazine articles so that's why I thought of it. Sometimes, we don't know what we know until someone asks a question...kwim? I know you do!

Okay...I'm really done...really!

G'nite!...er...G'mornin'!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:04 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
Good Morning and good night. Just reading and catching up here on our MO forum.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:28 AM

774 posts, read 1,418,993 times
Glad you all liked the list!.
MrsG. don't hold your breath. Just let me know when the May OTFCC is and I will try my darnedest to get there! I promise.
I would love to meet all of you too. Dahubby has talked to dajammer on the phone a few times and we have been suppose to go meet him and haven't gotten there yet either.
But I promise we will...

Have a great day all!

Old 04-09-2008, 11:50 AM

871 posts, read 1,985,496 times
David Cook didnt move me last night. He wasnt bad at all...just not his best. David Enchilada was my favriot. I think tattoo lady might be going home. Not sure though what do you all think fellow A.I viewers?

Mairesbees how on earth did you come up with the name krusty? lol!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:34 PM

774 posts, read 1,418,993 times
I agree that last night was not "Lips" best night but I still think he should win. David "Enchilada" is just not mature enough. He is nasal and needs more control on his voice.
Listen to me..who can't even carry a note in a bucket!. Me, who when a DJ the only song I would sing was TEQUILA because I only had to say one word a few times!... But according to a poll people think "Lips" has the most talent but that Enchilada will win. I think the only reason Enchilada will win is because too many teenage girls have cell phones!
Been lying around in bed all day w/dahubby watching Northern Exposure DVDs. It's been raining off and on and very dreary so couldn't think of anything better to do! He decided to go for a walk around "Crazy Woman Mountain" so I got up and did the dishes and now I'm trying to decide what to make for dinner. ...Pop Tarts would be easy Gotta make something simple so I can watch AI Gives Back!... Okay I'm an addict.

Keep on smiling...let other's wonder what your up too.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:39 PM

93 posts, read 305,356 times
Default Irony is best left to the pros

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
David Cook didnt move me last night. He wasnt bad at all...just not his best. David Enchilada was my favriot. I think tattoo lady might be going home. Not sure though what do you all think fellow A.I viewers?

Mairesbees how on earth did you come up with the name krusty? lol!
bentaxlecrew I'm glad you brought that up, because it came off sounding mean and petty, which I hope never to be. Except on Mondays.

Actually my dislike of her has more to do with the judges than her, because apparently if you can't sing pop, and you can't sing rock, go country! I don't like people pretending to be country just because you fail at every other venue; Martina McBride, Dolly Parton, Reba Mcintire, etc, are country, there's a sincerity in everything they sing and nothing comes off sounding what I call "fake". They're not singing country because they failed at everything else, they're singing it because that's who they truly are.

I actually like Kristy Lee Cook's voice; I just wish I had never heard the judges steer her towards country because she was a wash at everything else.

Join me for tomorrows lecture when I will be discussing the merits of dry mops vs wet mops; which is really better for the environment?? Discuss.

mamagator I missed most of Lips performance last night thanks to your horse. That, and as soon as he started singing I grabbed the pliers to yank my fingernails out, only to find out that one pain doesn't necessarily negate the other. Poor David.

Last edited by Marie'sBees; 04-09-2008 at 01:47 PM..

Old 04-09-2008, 07:39 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,656,908 times
Hi All....................

Old 04-09-2008, 09:12 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,496 times
Cali!!! How you be brotha?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri