Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2022, 04:27 AM

899 posts, read 623,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That number has to be off for Baldwin County or does Tealwood only count by individual phases even if the original land plots were all approved as once(I hope i worded that correctly), because it is 620 plots alone, and phase 1 started selling last week.
Tealwood would’ve been approved a year or two ago. It typically takes about a year or two for housing projects to be ready to sell once they have been approved. What’s been approved so far this year, probably won’t be ready to start housing people until 2024
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 05:34 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,891,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
I’m not worried about it taking a month, if it did, I wouldn’t mind at all and would 100% agree. I’m worried that they will somehow manage to drag this thing out another 3 years
The problem is the administration waited until the last moment to request public input and is therefore “surprised” when a suburban design gets crucified by a public that does not want that block of downtown to become Daphne or West Mobile.

Old 09-07-2022, 07:50 AM

29,637 posts, read 16,666,512 times
Quote:
Tealwood would’ve been approved a year or two ago. It typically takes about a year or two for housing projects to be ready to sell once they have been approved. What’s been approved so far this year, probably won’t be ready to start housing people until 2024
After I posted last night, i looked it up. apparently its only being approved phase by phase. It was approved at the August 4th,2022 meeting. They must have started clearing land the next day, LOL

Old 09-07-2022, 08:07 AM

5,016 posts, read 9,245,361 times
Quote:
I’m not worried about it taking a month, if it did, I wouldn’t mind at all and would 100% agree. I’m worried that they will somehow manage to drag this thing out another 3 years
Yes ! Or even worse 14 years, 2008 was the last time they strongly considered the idea. And that's been a long time. I think a solid decision should be made by December.

Old 09-07-2022, 04:41 PM

Well after a few months of silence we finally get some action in the county:

Totaling 153 new lots, we have 4 subdivisions requests

Anglebrook: 108 lots at the intersection of Cottage Hill and Mcfarland

Shinn Road Estates: 14 lots
Penny Lakes West: 5 lots on Howells Ferry Rd
Penny Lakes: 26 lot on Howells Ferry Rd

This will bring the yearly total for unincorporated Mobile County to 1280 lots

Old 09-08-2022, 11:28 AM

MC Pay as You Go 2022 is finally out, There will be a total of $73 million allocated. It looks like Property Taxes have increased significantly. In total there are $69 Million in property taxes collected for 2022 Pay Go. In Comparison for 2020, there was $58 Million collected in property taxes. This is a 19% increase in just 2 years.

https://www.mobilecountyal.gov/gover...pay-as-you-go/

Old 09-09-2022, 04:58 AM

496 posts, read 472,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
The problem is the administration waited until the last moment to request public input and is therefore “surprised” when a suburban design gets crucified by a public that does not want that block of downtown to become Daphne or West Mobile.
I don't know about the US engineer site. On one hand you have a major employer that NEEDS to build as fast as possible and has over 800 employees that are located in downtown. If they can't build downtown, they will choose another location.... possibly in Daphne in the new office park near Malbis. It will have to be more suburban for the Federal security regulations....but then again look at the federal courthouse. A part of me feels that Mobile should let the Feds build their building, but press for a few outside design changes and make the rest of the site as urban as possible. Keeping those 800 employees downtown long term is really important for daytime worker population. A lot of downtown businesses need them.

Old 09-09-2022, 06:09 PM

265 posts, read 208,013 times
Quote:
MC Pay as You Go 2022 is finally out, There will be a total of $73 million allocated. It looks like Property Taxes have increased significantly. In total there are $69 Million in property taxes collected for 2022 Pay Go. In Comparison for 2020, there was $58 Million collected in property taxes. This is a 19% increase in just 2 years.

https://www.mobilecountyal.gov/gover...pay-as-you-go/
How does that work? Those projects are gonna get started over the next 2 years?

Old 09-10-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedoggbry View Post
How does that work? Those projects are gonna get started over the next 2 years?
No, it’s just means funding is available for the projects to start but it still takes years to do, it seems repaving is typically quicker but expansions and Base and Pave (dirt/gravel road to asphalt) can take years, usually due to more funding required or right of way acquisition. The Cottage Hill/Snow/McFarland Intersections have been in both 2022 and 2020 pay go’s so as too receive more funding.

My old neighborhood was to be base and paved from gravel to asphalt in the 2014 Pay Go, it wasn’t paved until 2020, thanks to a single bastard who wouldn’t let the county get the right-of-way on his property for the project and it took years of court to get the acquisition of right-of-way

Old 09-12-2022, 04:14 PM

Got Another subdivision PUD, This one off of the end of West Riviere Du Chien, its unknown how many lots there will be, my guess from the subdivision a block up the road, it will have a dozen or so lots, likely to be high end housing given its location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area