Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 11:30 AM

427 posts, read 388,163 times

Advertisements

Also, hearing that Ed's on the Causeway will be moving to a shopping center in Spanish Fort, and Pete will be reopening Ed's as "Fire" and doing brick oven pizzas/fish/ect.

Clever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 05:31 PM

5,016 posts, read 9,238,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
Also, hearing that Ed's on the Causeway will be moving to a shopping center in Spanish Fort, and Pete will be reopening Ed's as "Fire" and doing brick oven pizzas/fish/ect.

Clever.
Does Pete own Ed's?

My grandmother worked for Roussos for years. And when they moved to the ESC they collapsed. I wish they would have stayed in Fort Conde Village. Any updates on the old Roussos property?

We could use another pizza joint downtown. I hat that One of the Gambino brothers bought Buck's out smh. I actually like Buck's pizza better and that spot is just sitting.

Last edited by PortCity; 04-07-2022 at 05:55 PM..

Old 04-07-2022, 06:20 PM

Also any updates on the new apartments on the belt line?

Old 04-08-2022, 07:45 AM

427 posts, read 388,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Does Pete own Ed's?

My grandmother worked for Roussos for years. And when they moved to the ESC they collapsed. I wish they would have stayed in Fort Conde Village. Any updates on the old Roussos property?

We could use another pizza joint downtown. I hat that One of the Gambino brothers bought Buck's out smh. I actually like Buck's pizza better and that spot is just sitting.
Yes, he bought it out a few years ago. Luckily he is well versed in the restaurant bizz so I think he can manage to keep it going.

I got really into pizza making for awhile and someone could KILL it doing Neapolitan Style Pizza. I have always wanted to do a small Cart with two Roccbox pizza ovens and do parties, but cant at this point in my life haha

Old 04-08-2022, 08:45 AM

898 posts, read 620,225 times
Looks like there may already be a buyer for the project properties on Michigan Avenue. The Mobile Airport Authority plans to buy some of the 328 acres of land as part of its 25 year development plan. I imagine they would be using some of this land for overflow parking and hotels

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/brook...Bgmz_cmcLs-Tbw

Old 04-08-2022, 08:58 AM

495 posts, read 472,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
Looks like there may already be a buyer for the project properties on Michigan Avenue. The Mobile Airport Authority plans to buy some of the 328 acres of land as part of its 25 year development plan. I imagine they would be using some of this land for overflow parking and hotels

This is great news. Maybe they can try to reserve the land immediately around the Michigan avenue exit for hotels for the new Airport.

Old 04-08-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post

That would be to far to walk for over flow parking I would think.

Old 04-08-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
Yes, he bought it out a few years ago. Luckily he is well versed in the restaurant bizz so I think he can manage to keep it going.

I got really into pizza making for awhile and someone could KILL it doing Neapolitan Style Pizza. I have always wanted to do a small Cart with two Roccbox pizza ovens and do parties, but cant at this point in my life haha
We can definitely use one downtown. Pat's pizza is just so so downtown.

Old 04-17-2022, 01:11 PM

South Mobile County is currently growing faster than the west.
The South may start seeing better retail options than the west aslo.

https://www.facebook.com/10006672357...3953666505417/

Old 04-18-2022, 08:23 AM

3,466 posts, read 4,871,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
Anyone know the details about this mysterious announcement?

https://margauxmobile.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by masbama View Post
New restaurant by the fella who owns Loda bier garden (I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshore78 View Post
Its definitely the Loda owners and I'm almost certain it's the Southern National building
Well if it is the same owners as Loda Bier Garden, I would hope they get it together. Loda Bier Garden sucks. We went to the one in West Mobile a couple of years ago and it sucked and has since closed down. We were walking around downtown Saturday and against our better judgement, went in the one there and it sucked worse than the one that used to be in West Mobile. The one downtown is a mess and the appetizer was horrible. We stopped at the appetizer, finished our beers and got out of there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area