Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2022, 05:51 AM

13,115 posts, read 9,667,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
There needs to be an end to them
There's a new storage facility here called Life Storage that's a bit different - not a bunch of garages in an endless rwo, but a nice, 4 story building on some pretty expensive land on Memorial Parkway. Never knew what the buiding was before it opened - no signs during construction - but it looks pretty good. It much cost a fortune to use it.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...6dlkXbBp&hl=en
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2022, 01:03 PM

261 posts, read 205,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
There's a new storage facility here called Life Storage that's a bit different - not a bunch of garages in an endless rwo, but a nice, 4 story building on some pretty expensive land on Memorial Parkway. Never knew what the buiding was before it opened - no signs during construction - but it looks pretty good. It much cost a fortune to use it.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...6dlkXbBp&hl=en
That’s the same one that’s going to be built here that I was talking about, except that it’ll be 3 stories. There’s one called grand slam that’s being built less than a mile away on the same road right now. This will make 4 storage facilities on the same road in about a mile stretch. That’s in addition to 2 massive ones being built, one on airport at I-65, and the other at government and I-65. I still believe there’s at least one more that’s proposed to go on Spring Hill Ave, right by Mobile infirmary.

I understand that storage facilities like this are useful, but our city is losing population and the county is stagnant in population growth. So I don’t see how there’s a dire need for them

Old 04-21-2022, 09:57 PM

5,012 posts, read 9,215,605 times
Quote:
city is losing population and the county is stagnant in population growth. So I don’t see how there’s a dire need for them.
Exactly!

Old 04-23-2022, 03:17 PM

16 posts, read 21,886 times
The sign for Margaux is up on the old WeMo LoDa building.

Old 04-23-2022, 05:42 PM

887 posts, read 610,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnK251 View Post
The sign for Margaux is up on the old WeMo LoDa building.
What’s Margaux gonna be?

Old 04-24-2022, 08:51 AM

310 posts, read 391,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
What’s Margaux gonna be?

Margaux will serve elevated Southern fare with a curated emphasis on fresh, local seafood, dry-aged steaks, Creole cuisine and an oyster bar. Upscale food, made from scratch, in a casual and inviting atmosphere.

https://www.facebook.com/MargauxMobile

Old 04-24-2022, 11:16 AM

5,012 posts, read 9,215,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepress View Post
Margaux will serve elevated Southern fare with a curated emphasis on fresh, local seafood, dry-aged steaks, Creole cuisine and an oyster bar. Upscale food, made from scratch, in a casual and inviting atmosphere.

https://www.facebook.com/MargauxMobile
Nice !

Old 04-25-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Nice !

I loved it when it was Hungry Owl. WeMo location is good for me and parking isn't dreadful like downtown. Hopefully, this will be a nice, new restaurant I can add into my weekly rotation.

Old 04-29-2022, 12:20 PM

6 posts, read 3,602 times
https://www.al.com/business/2022/04/..._medium=social
Whole Foods is closing their Mobile Location, along others in the country.
Not good news for Pine Brook Shopping Center

Old 04-29-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDragmire View Post
https://www.al.com/business/2022/04/..._medium=social
Whole Foods is closing their Mobile Location, along others in the country.
Not good news for Pine Brook Shopping Center

Not surprising, really. I visit the Mobile location weekly and I've seen livelier morgues.
I hate to see it go, but I can't say I'm shocked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area