Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenraulerson View Post
I personall like the couer d' alene Idaho area better it is beautiful, just 30 minutes from spokane washington lots of work. montana sucks. i moved here biggest mistake I ever made. i feel like i am in the 1800 and so backwards nothing to do, so boring and the weather is horrible. I love idaho want to move my mobile home there I bought. love the lake the mountains the people, the beauty, so much better, plus land taxes so much lower.
Montana is great if you know where to go. Don't go and judge a place you know nothing about. I have lived here all my life and have been to over half of the towns. A lot are pretty, the places to look out for
are Billings and Laurel. [Mod cut]. Country is a lot better than your stupid polluted air,Iphone5's,murders, and racism.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 07-10-2013 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: Fixed Personal Attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,854 times
I wish I lived in Montana because this state has the lowest population density and preferable climate for me, where should I live

Old 07-15-2013, 03:49 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,747,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by storms08 View Post
I wish I lived in Montana because this state has the lowest population density and preferable climate for me, where should I live
If you want to be in the Mountains, try Missoula or Bozeman (both have Universities). If you wish to be in the Mountains without a University, try Kalispell or even north of that in Whitefish.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,580 times
Lived in Astoria oregon my entire life. Want a change. My husband,my daughter (2) and myself. MONTANA Idaho looks great' suggestions? I do hair. Very good at it if I do say so myself. My husband loves to write, do radio and great with people. Suggestions?

[email]Kimberly_lene@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 08-25-2013, 05:13 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,414,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly's View Post
Lived in Astoria oregon my entire life. Want a change. My husband,my daughter (2) and myself. MONTANA Idaho looks great' suggestions? I do hair. Very good at it if I do say so myself. My husband loves to write, do radio and great with people. Suggestions?

Kimberly_lene@yahoo.com
Hi, Kimberly...
I think it would be best to limit your Montana questions to the Montana forum, and make a new post to the Idaho forum to get Idaho opinions there.
The two states have as many differences as similarities. I know this because I have lived in both, but currently reside in Idaho.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:27 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,098,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Hi, Kimberly...
I think it would be best to limit your Montana questions to the Montana forum, and make a new post to the Idaho forum to get Idaho opinions there.
The two states have as many differences as similarities. I know this because I have lived in both, but currently reside in Idaho.
It seemed to have worked just fine.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,714 times
Wow, I really enjoyed all of the posts for Mr. I Wanna Escape from California lol! I personally am Very Intrigued about moving to Montana from Arizona!

Old 07-19-2014, 10:26 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,978,740 times
There's a little valley whose focal point is the Yaak river, in the very NW corner of the state.

I left a big chunk of my heart there.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,637 times
Thompson Falls, MT is personally my favorite place in all of Montana. Beautiful area. But there isn't much for jobs and no "bigger" towns close by.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,244 times
Please respect Montana (and other places like Alaska and Hawaii) by visiting and NOT moving there. The only reason it's such a sacred place is because not everyone is moving there on the whim of their pipe dream due to watching a river runs through it a few too many times. It turns into urban sprawl and ruins everything that Montana is about. People there like it simple and hard. They don't need a booming economy screwing up the "last best place". I'm a Montana native. Lived there from birth until 20. I don't live there now and question if id move back because I respect it that much and don't want play into its demise (i.e. Becoming Californianized). My grandpa worked his ass off and bought the ranch by saving half his paychecks running a grain elevator during the depression. He didn't have a silver spoon and fun money to snowbird at a vacation house in the mountains. Go a head and move there. It's filled with people just like my grampa that deserve Montana. It's like a zoo animal, admire it from a distance. There use to be a bumper sticker when I was a kid that said "Keep Montana beautiful, put a Californian on the bus." Yes it's prodding but it's insightful and true. Look at what Bozeman is compared to how it use to be. The proof is in the pudding. Please don't ruin it. Come visit and go back to whatever place you call home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana