Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 07:41 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerUser000 View Post
You make a valid point.. kinda what happened to KATQ AM 1070 and FM 100.1 (5KW and 3KW respectively) in Plentywood, Montana... they were going to go dark and the town didn't want it sold to someone out of town.. the community bought shares of the corporation that own the station and now the residents in town own the station
Sounds like a good solution, or at least the right direction... so how did it work out?

I'm not sure what it actually costs to run a station nowadays... I vaguely recall that back around 1980, KGLT's annual budget was something like $5000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 04:20 PM

947 posts, read 3,572,829 times
Happy New Year Everyone

I originally posted this 3 weeks ago and had a discussion with several folks, but no one was actually able to help with my question/request.

Can anyone oblige me?

Email me, walkerbroadcasting at that gmail dot com thing.

Quote:
Hello folks,

I know this may sound like an "odd" question/request, so let me explain.

I am looking for someone who would record the local radio stations in each town, KMMR in Malta at 100.1 and KVCK AM/FM in Wolfpoint, on tape and mail them to me. I will supply the cassettes and a postage paid return envelope.

You see, I have no illwill meant or alterior motives.. i simply love hearing local, small town stations and their programming. I've worked at stations like KVCK and KMMR most of my career and thats what I enjoy.

I know KVCK is/was rebroadcast in Glasglow, MT on K296BW at 107.1 FM.

Anyone is welcome to email me, walkerbroadcasting(at)gmail(dot)com if they can help or have any questions.

By the way, emailing me privately would be preferred. Not that I don't wanna check back here for new posts, but the likely hood my absent mind will remember to check.. well, isn't too likely.. lol.

Thanks again for reading and understanding!

Paul
walkerbroadcasting(at)gmail(dot)com

Old 12-30-2010, 04:49 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,069,971 times
To my knowledge, there is nobody on the Montana forum that is located in those areas. At least nobody has mentioned living in either, or close to either. That may be the reason for no reply's.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
To my knowledge, there is nobody on the Montana forum that is located in those areas. At least nobody has mentioned living in either, or close to either. That may be the reason for no reply's.
Hey Elk.. I figured as much.. and figured I'd give it one more shot

Old 12-30-2010, 05:55 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
Well, don't give up -- someone just might come by from there, ya never know.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Well, don't give up -- someone just might come by from there, ya never know.
LOL Reziac, Thanks

if anyone reading these later posts wonders about my request an interest, just read back in the discussion and you'll under a bit better why I'm asking for what I'm asking for.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:31 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,435 times
Quote:
Hello folks,

I know this may sound like an "odd" question/request, so let me explain.

I am looking for someone who would record the local radio stations in each town, KMMR in Malta at 100.1 and KVCK AM/FM in Wolfpoint, on tape and mail them to me. I will supply the cassettes and a postage paid return envelope.

You see, I have no illwill meant or alterior motives.. i simply love hearing local, small town stations and their programming. I've worked at stations like KVCK and KMMR most of my career and thats what I enjoy.

I know KVCK is/was rebroadcast in Glasglow, MT on K296BW at 107.1 FM.

Anyone is welcome to email me, walkerbroadcasting(at)gmail(dot)com if they can help or have any questions.

By the way, emailing me privately would be preferred. Not that I don't wanna check back here for new posts, but the likely hood my absent mind will remember to check.. well, isn't too likely.. lol.

Thanks again for reading and understanding!

Paul
walkerbroadcasting(at)gmail(dot)com
There has to be a bit more that that.. Sorry if I offend, but when someone says they have no ill will, but just live hearing certain local radio stuff it gets me wondering about the motives... especially when you pointed out certain areas... What's the point?

Old 12-30-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
There has to be a bit more that that.. Sorry if I offend, but when someone says they have no ill will, but just live hearing certain local radio stuff it gets me wondering about the motives... especially when you pointed out certain areas... What's the point?
I've worked in local radio my entire career, and love hearing how other stations do their 'thing". KVCK and KMMR don't stream online,so I can't listen to them on my computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana