Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2007, 07:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,070,581 times

Advertisements

JoeJoe, are you SURE you don't want to run for office??? Start small, maybe city council,mayor or something like that! Having been born and raised in CA I'd have to agree with pretty much everything you just wrote. Headonism will eventually be the death of us all and if we don't stand up and say "oh heck no" to all of this then you're right, it'll turn into what everyone has run from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 05:58 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,370,740 times
Quote:
Cailf in the end got what it deserved, sad to say. It is reaping what it sowed........dragging down the good, along with the bad and ugly.
But these things that happened in CA are happening now in Montana, so does Montana and its people deserve what has happene already JoeJoe?

Old 10-28-2007, 05:38 PM

495 posts, read 495,356 times
Quote:
Quote:
Cailf in the end got what it deserved, sad to say. It is reaping what it sowed........dragging down the good, along with the bad and ugly.

But these things that happened in CA are happening now in Montana, so does Montana and its people deserve what has happene already JoeJoe?
Simple answer YES

And I'm glad to see that you are recognizing that they are happening here.

jimj - I have a friend who says - that by very definition most people are dumb, and what he means by that is like saying that only a few people in the class get the A's, I'm just using that as an example. but hopefully you get my point.

So the delema lies in, how do you talk to them, politically speaking. In politics as in many things being a leader means saying what people want to hear, and it's not in my nature to do that. I am most often taken for talking down to people because of my frankness and non-desire for beating around the bush. Also one needs stature to be a leader, short of having lots of money that is, money makes friends and moves people.
Nope politics or any job involving leadership is not my bag, it is all about perception, which is why we are in the political mess we are in today (we voted in the old president's son and are ready to vote in the last ones wife) - perception is the name of the game, sucking up, phoney smiles. The days of Teddy Roosevelt and pounding on the podium to make a point are long gone - real men are gone from politics, Have you notice how they are all so slick and mild mannered now - they never get excited, it's all part of the game that gets you elected now....in short the biggest phoney with the right sounding name, the most non-threatening manorisms, and name recognition is the winner.
What america wants in a presdent today is someone that they see as the daddy they wish they always had - a daddy that will give them everything they want, tell them everything they want to hear and never make them clean up their room. - Just another reason we are in the mess we are in.
Slick willie got away with what he got away with in the oval office because he was the daddy 1/2 of the americans always wanted, he was the hippy daddy who was spitting in the face of the american establisment, with the ultimate insult - getting a bj in the very symbol of that establishment, the white house, Slick Willy was basically say, "get your kick, get your thrills, take whatever you want kids, just like me, and screw the establishment, in fact, rub it in their face" - How else to you explain that 1/2 the population appluaded him for it, his ratings actually went up after that episode. AND NOW they'll elect his wife, whom he made a fool out of in front of the entire world, and the icon of the modern day liberated woman, Hillary, stood there and took every inch of it, (well actually Monica took every inch of it) - And the americans can't wait to get them both back in the oral office. It really doesn't get much sicker than that - is this fall of Rome or what ?

Old 10-28-2007, 05:43 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,557,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halliwellalien View Post
i have been reading the posts here, and most of what i have been reading makes it seem like some of you just dont want ANYONE to move to montana. you blame everything on the 'outsiders'. have you ever thought that some of us want to go to a place where we can live and survive?

where i live now, a 3bd 1 ba house with a very small yard (if any) will cost you about 700k. i have lived here most of my life and i am already sad about having to leave. but, i am not bitter toward anyone who moves here. whether they have money or not. change will happen whether you like it or not.

please stop blaming everyone for the bad things. good and bad are everywhere. some of us really do want to move to montana because of the beauty we see. not to make it worse.
them being angry is ok. its the red dots that bother me.
and from people i didn't even talk to.
Moderator cut: put down
i do however thru the forum become aware of some people that
are not mean.
this is good. there is hope.
stephen s
san diego ca

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 10-29-2007 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: put down

Old 10-30-2007, 11:12 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,199,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeMontanan View Post
So why Feinstein and Boxer?! Why do they continue to get elected?
I ask the same thing. I'd vote for almost anyone else (and we've ALWAYS had better candidates available). My worst-nightmare Pres/VP slate is Feinstein and Boxer, and mark my words, eventually those two will run as a single ticket. And probably win.

Back in 1972 someone told me a story that illustrates the problem: this political survey dude (this was in Bozeman) asked people a bunch of questions about their political views, and on the whole got moderate to conservative responses. The last question was "So who do you think would make a good president?" and the most common response was "Teddy Kennedy"!!! WTF??!

Old 10-30-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeMan View Post
AND NOW they'll elect his wife, whom he made a fool out of in front of the entire world, and the icon of the modern day liberated woman, Hillary, stood there and took every inch of it, (well actually Monica took every inch of it) - And the americans can't wait to get them both back in the oral office. It really doesn't get much sicker than that - is this fall of Rome or what ?
LOL at that last... really!

As to Hillary, word around was that she had her own on the side, and it's not like either of them didn't know what was going on.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:42 PM

495 posts, read 495,356 times
Reziac wrote:
Quote:
As to Hillary, word around was that she had her own on the side
oh god, that's a scarey thought

Old 10-30-2007, 06:38 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,070,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeMan View Post
Reziac wrote:

oh god, that's a scarey thought
Side of what????
As for Boxer and Feinstein I'd run into both of them years ago, back when Di Fi was mayor of SF. She (Di) was a vindictive nut job then, good to see nothings changed. Maybe she could get govenor moonbeam (Jerry Borwn) to run with her.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Side of what????
As for Boxer and Feinstein I'd run into both of them years ago, back when Di Fi was mayor of SF. She (Di) was a vindictive nut job then, good to see nothings changed. Maybe she could get govenor moonbeam (Jerry Borwn) to run with her.
Oh, lordy, you've just come up with a combination to rival a Feinstein/Boxer ticket! Tho Gov. Moonbeam might be safer, because at least he couldn't get anything done. Gov't doing nothing is always safer in the long run than gov't doing whatever the hell it wants, like with Boxer and Co.

Oh, here's a worse one: Gray Davis and any of the above. Davis was like having a corporate raider in office. (LBJ anyone??)

Old 10-31-2007, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,924 times
California way of life and attitude, but I say 5-10 years of putting up with the cold temps when they are used to "Sunny California", I expect them to migrate elsewhere after trashing Montana and it's beauty.[/quote]

Wow! Talk about arrogant and self righteous. How far back does your Montana heritage go? Where did your people come from? Mine came to Montana nearly 150 years ago from New York and Idaho. Mine helped to bring Montana to statehood (verifiably). My place that I own in Montana has been in my family for 6 generations. Does that make me more entitled to be in Montana?

I get so sick and tired of listening to "Montanans", many of whom are first generation, if that - who complain about "outsiders". This entire country is made up of "Outsiders". Those that want to isolate themselves as voiced in these "threads" should look to those who thought the same way, Hitler is a great example.

Get over yourself and your self righteousness! This is a free country - thank God! We should all focus on being kind and good to each other rather than drawing lines in the sand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana