Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 08:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Why? Other than The Joker scenes (ones that honestly don't add much to the actual story of the movie) I don't see the point. The movie was what it was, adding crap don't always make a film better. X-Men Days of Future Past does and the Rogue Cut just drags it even more beyond the OK Rogue rescue scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 09:52 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,622,039 times
Days of Future Past took its sweet time to arrive at an anticlimax, so I agree that it had nothing to gain by adding more.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:48 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,812,380 times
I liked the movie! As an INTJ, I was very curios as to where the placement of "Twenty One Pilots" singing "heathens" was going to be in the movie, because I didn't see the placement for the segment/time for this video in my brain for the movie and sure enough, IT WASN'T in the movie!

I was sad but shouldn't have been. Loved the girl swinging from the cages! Psychologist, no doubt, in her former life! So my group never showed, but was heard in the end. Below clip is a teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UprcpdwuwCg

Old 11-21-2016, 06:28 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,293,525 times
"Wow. Turns out our movie was a train wreck. What should we do for the DVD?"

"An even BIGGER train wreck!"

Suicide Squad: The Extended Cut*Is the Movie 2016 Deserves

Old 11-21-2016, 09:43 AM

Now that is one horribly written article. I understand the guy seems to love to hate the movie — or maybe he secretly loves the movie, but wants you to endure his millennial coffee house musings to deduce that, but the writing is just painful.

Confirmed by the comments immediately below the article:

"This review makes less sense than the movie."

"Like something a little tween girl might write to try and be cool."

"Dude seriously needs to step up his game or get fired. Post after post of garbage. Hudson is the new laughing stock of Gizmodo. I bet the other writers love him taking all the flak though."

"is this the frame of mind you have to be in to enjoy the movie? I don’t think i have enough drugs."

"If it was Ms Trendacosta there would be more talk about privilege and trigger warnings."

"If he doesn’t step up his game, he’ll be sent back to the minors... i.e. writing posts for Sploid."

"I know I’m a bit high at the moment but what the hell did I just read? Like, is it me or does this article consist of mostly rambling incoherent thoughts?"

Then somebody posted this. Haha!

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...bssfxgqvqs.jpg

Old 11-21-2016, 09:49 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post

Old 12-13-2016, 06:03 PM

New stuff to announce!

Suicide Squad 2 will happen (so will a solo Deadshot movie).

But first up is this article for (drum roll)... Gotham City Sirens!

Quote:
Robbie will reprise her role as DC villainess Harley Quinn.

David Ayer is back in the business of DC comic villains.

The filmmaker, who directed Warner Bros.’ all-bad guy comic book movie Suicide Squad, is reuniting with that film’s star, Margot Robbie, for Gotham City Sirens, a feature project that will showcase the top female villains from the DC stable, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Ayer will direct and produce the project with Robbie reprising her role as Harley Quinn, the part-time girlfriend of the Joker who is currently DC's most popular female character. Robbie also is executive producing.

Sirens was a recent comic series from DC that focused on the popular villainesses from Batman’s rogue gallery. Among them were Quinn; Catwoman, Batman’s sometime love interest; and Poison Ivy, who uses plants and their toxins to get what she wants.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet, a top female writer in the action sphere who also has penned scripts for the Tomb Raider remake and Warners' own Sherlock Holmes 3, is writing the screenplay.

The heads of DC’s film arm, Geoff Johns and Jon Berg, also will be involved in a producorial role.

Suicide Squad was a tough production and the movie underwent some reshoots, but it turned out fine for all parties involved as it grossed over $745.6 million globally. It is now the 13th highest-grossing superhero release of all time domestically and has surpassed the international box office of Deadpool, a movie to which it was often compared in terms of tone.

The studio is still developing a Suicide Squad sequel as well as looking into a spinoff featuring Deadshot, the assassin character played by Will Smith. But this project was the furthest along, and with Robbie’s Quinn having received near universal praise for Squad, this was the most natural project for Ayer with which to make his Warners return. The filmmaker is currently nearing the end of principal photography for Bright, a fantasy thriller for Netflix that stars Will Smith and Joel Edgerton.

Warner Bros. doesn’t have a release date for Sirens, but the project is now on the fast track.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...llains-project-

Old 12-13-2016, 07:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Suicide Squad (until seeing Doctor Strange the opening segment was the most comic book stuff I've seen on the big screen) BUT why a sequel? It wasn't that good of a movie. Deadshot can be a villain in a Batman movie and Harley can do Gotham City Sirens but a Suicide Squad sequel?
Spoiler
The best and most emotionally connecting character El Diablo died.

Old 12-14-2016, 11:06 AM

My guess is they want SS2 to happen because it made 745 big ones (without China).

Old 12-30-2016, 10:07 AM

‘Suicide Squad’ Tops Home-Video Charts | Variety
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies