Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 11:47 AM

6,980 posts, read 2,703,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The world needs a ROADHOUSE remake like the mullet needs a comeback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_Yqn1D00w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 07:52 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Yikes, Conor not looking so hot in this interview....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3k7tNH7w8o&t=81s

Old 03-23-2024, 01:50 AM

5,012 posts, read 10,692,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yikes, Conor not looking so hot in this interview....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3k7tNH7w8o&t=81s
Seems like he’s making a lot of involuntary movements. However, I haven’t watched a lot of McGregor interviews, so I don’t know if that’s normal for him.

Old 03-23-2024, 07:28 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
Somebody better start taking care of their cash cow and send him off for a "rest" before he's used up.

Old 03-23-2024, 05:24 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,182,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
It’s a poor choice to try to remake an original that was great I won’t be seeing this one. RIP Patrick Swayze. He’s a legend and no one can fill his shoes.
Darn the site will not allow me to thumbs up you. But I totally agree. I did watch it on Amazon and I don't like it even though I do like Jake Gyllenhaal. I first though about him taking the bully thugs to the hospital that Patrick Swayze's Dalton would never do that. Well today they have to kiss azz to the SOB violent instigators and avoid lawsuits.

Last edited by staystill; 03-23-2024 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: I still can't finish it

Old 03-24-2024, 09:31 PM

6,797 posts, read 4,240,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Seems like he’s making a lot of involuntary movements. However, I haven’t watched a lot of McGregor interviews, so I don’t know if that’s normal for him.

Dude's probably done more coke the last 5 years than an average Wall Street brokerage firm's staff combined.

Old 03-25-2024, 05:54 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I saw a trailer for this yesterday...it looks awful. Jake is definitely ripped though.
I stand corrected. Watched it over the weekend. Now, one needs to go into it as if it is a completely different movie, not a remake and it will be okay.

I thought it was a definitely entertaining, Jake delivered just enough humor, and tough guy. McGregor played a pretty good crazy, scary dude. The ending got a little weird with some not so well done CGI, but overall not bad. I'll watch it again.

Old 03-25-2024, 07:34 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
I watched it last night and that bore no resemblance to "Roadhouse."

I agree the CGI was distracting.

The effort to replace Elliot with strong female rolls didn't work for me. It also left our lead with no mentor and us with little insight into his inner turmoil.

In spite of his twelve-pack I always find Gyllenhaal a bit creepy. I think his acting was especially wooden in this one.

McGregor was the standout with that grin of total enjoyment on his face though all the mayhem but a little of him goes a long way for me and in this film there was no little of him. Heh

Strictly a personal preference is my distaste for overkill violence from which our heroes and antiheroes walk away. There is an age of development in young males when this leaves an impression that their friends and enemies can tolerate a lot more real life abuse than is realistic.

But pairing bringing down the house with some real rockin' music sure makes it look like fun.

Old 03-25-2024, 08:13 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
I didn't think I would watch it but the wife and I were bored last night. We had a couple of drinks and said what the hell? We liked it. I felt no real connection to the original and that's a good thing (see Ghostbusters 2016).

It's not a cinematic masterpiece mind you, but it was entertaining. We had some good laughs.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:59 AM
Status: "Hello Darlin, Nice to see you - Conway Twitty" (set 10 days ago)

791 posts, read 375,161 times
So I watched the movie, and they had good takes on some classic lines but Donnie Darko is not Patrick Swayze. For those saying it was not a resemblance need to rewatch the original or check their movie eval skills. A black eye on the bouncer, the hardware shop = bookshop, owner is the upstairs, uncomfortable accommodations, chicken wire and bands, crappy vehicles, names, etc. MacGregor was the dude with the pool cue in the original. Its a poor remake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies