Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 05:10 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times

Advertisements

Presumably these free-stater creeps are aware of NH law which allows the use of deadly force if they are on your property? I see no reason not to blow them away - a few less jerks in the state would be a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 03:36 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
What makes you think they are free staters

Old 04-02-2012, 04:09 AM

369 posts, read 964,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BF66389 View Post
There is some weird view that if someone's salary is paid by taxes- their information should be public.<snip>
It's in your town's annual report. Go to your city or town hall and pick one up. They are free.

Salary is one thing as the citizens have a right to know where their money is going.

Personal information on .gov employees is another.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:57 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
I have no doubt there's two sides to this story. We're only getting the cops' side. Furthermore, given it is the police complaining, I have no doubt that if the free staters actually did something illegal, they'd have been arrested or charged, and we'd be reading about it in a news article. This sounds like whining over probably a non-event. Quite frankly, I don't trust anything cops say anymore, I've seen too much of their corruption, lying and abuse of people. Like them or not, the free staters have revealed some towns' police abuse of, for example, open carriers. The cops have themselves to blame for that negative publicity and the lawsuits. They merely had to uphold the law as they're supposed to.

This information is publicly available. If you work for the government, you should simply assume your home address will never be fully private. It is what it is.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I was speaking with a senior Republican member of the NH House a couple of days ago and he was very distressed with the "Free State" legislators. I believe him when he states they do not want any government at all and are doing anything they can to thwart both the Republicans and Democrats in our legislature. IMHO – If any citizen, state or city employee is injured at home because of publishing their home address then the leaders as well as those free staters directly responsible for the damage be prosecuted by the law.

If you want a decent Representative Government I as k you to identify ALL the free staters and their supporters and VOTE THEM OUT OF OUR LEGISLATURE IN NOVEMBER!

Old 04-02-2012, 06:18 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,066,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Why should PERSONAL information about me be disclosed just because I work for the city where i live?? Because THAT is what is being published..PERSONAL. That's the whole point. It IS the personal info being published.

Also, do any of you people understand that people who get paid by "taxes" also pay taxes themselves?? Not saying you said this specifically, but I get tired of people thinking they freaking OWN me because I work for the city. Because you DONT! Every darn person I know who works for the city pays the same da-mn taxes anybody else does! Do you understand that?? People-who-get-paid-with-taxes-pay-taxes-themselves-just-like-everyone-else!!!!!!! Yeah..we get to help pay our own salary. Nice, eh? So I dont want to hear that song and dance about taxes.

Please re-read my post...I was in agreement with the OP that this is wrong and should be stopped.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:20 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,066,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtwigg View Post
It's in your town's annual report. Go to your city or town hall and pick one up. They are free.
Salary is one thing as the citizens have a right to know where their money is going.
Personal information on .gov employees is another.
Exactly!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:02 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
These free state people are crackpots. About in the same league as OWS except they've been smoking BAD weed.

The appeal of 'Live free or die': Antigovernment activists putting down roots in N.H. - Liberty in Our Lifetime

Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
What makes you think they are free staters
I posted the link to THEIR site they post it in... They're not shy about who they are and what they do

Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I was speaking with a senior Republican member of the NH House a couple of days ago and he was very distressed with the "Free State" legislators. I believe him when he states they do not want any government at all and are doing anything they can to thwart both the Republicans and Democrats in our legislature. IMHO – If any citizen, state or city employee is injured at home because of publishing their home address then the leaders as well as those free staters directly responsible for the damage be prosecuted by the law.

Whoosh.... First amendment right out the window. People think they are so anonymous on the web. Gives me a good chuckle. Want to see a picture of your residence? (I would never, ever, ever violate anyone's privacy here, of course, for any reason whatsoever...)

If you want a decent Representative Government I as k you to identify ALL the free staters and their supporters and VOTE THEM OUT OF OUR LEGISLATURE IN NOVEMBER!
Mine in red, as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire