Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:28 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,933 times

Advertisements

You can't argue with people like this. I gain comfort knowing they will ALWAYS be a tiny little sliver of the population.

OK, back to being oppressed by the cops lol. Geez, one drove by the house just now. I bet they're tapping into my network and spying on me. Oh my, where are the Free Keene guys to save me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
I suggest using some marijuana for whatever vision issues you are having. I would also advise getting your hearing checked.

It is clear what happened starting at 00:48 in the video, and I stand by what I have said.

Now, why don't you go raise your son to be less violent than this man, as opposed to his current state?
You must be looking at a different video. 0:48 - 0:58 shows people on the sidewalk. At least I'm hoping you are looking at another video. You can't be that blatantly dishonest can you?

Old 04-12-2012, 04:34 PM

28 posts, read 57,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
You must be looking at a different video. 0:48 - 0:58 shows people on the sidewalk. At least I'm hoping you are looking at another video. You can't be that blatantly dishonest can you?

Dramatic Video of Agent Derrick Being Knocked off His Bike by Keene Law Enforcement - YouTube

Old 04-12-2012, 04:35 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
FrugalYankee, are you mad someone sold you a joint full of oregano? Everyone knows the Free Staters have the best
LOL I don't partake - and I also couldn't care less if other people do. FAIL.

I used to think that Free Staters were liberty minded people but this thread has really opened my eyes. No way would I want these clowns representing me or my interests. You guys are digging your own hole - keep up the good work!

Old 04-12-2012, 04:39 PM

Well, I still can't see a club striking him. Maybe you can capture a screen image at the point he is being beaten by a club and post it here.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
LOL I don't partake - and I also couldn't care less if other people do. FAIL.

I used to think that Free Staters were liberty minded people but this thread has really opened my eyes. No way would I want these clowns representing me or my interests. You guys are digging your own hole - keep up the good work!
Don't worry. If this is their strategy they will go nowhere. It's a shame. Most of them are just mainstream libertarians. It looks like some radical elements have joined them.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:19 PM

181 posts, read 305,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
Please go find another country to practice your anarchist beliefs. Pot is illegal. If you don't like that then work to make it legal....as many are doing in this country. I think I should be able to drive 90mph. I don't agree with granny speed limits. That doesn't give me a right to ignore an officer trying to pull me over for speeding, or even blame the officer for doing his job and giving me a ticket. Libertarian views are not equal to anarchy.

This is why I'm not sure that the title of this thread is correct. The Free Staters are not anarchists, they are libertarians. Free Keene seems to go beyond that and into anarchy. Your statements support that. A Libertarian believes a person should be able to smoke pot in the privacy of his own home. An anarchist believes the same, but also believes that the cops have no right or authority to enforce the law. Yeah, I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Free Keene supporters now posting...." This is not the majority view of Free Staters.

You need to visit other countries if you think this is a police state.
The United States is a police state. It matches the criteria of a police state. Cryptohippie ranked the U.S. in the top 10 of being the most obvious police states in the world.

Free Staters are a mixed group of libertarians and anarchists. Several people that lived there have mentioned that the residents of Keene are not usually friendly and welcoming to Free Staters.

Those guys have a lot of courage to do those things. But at the same time, if you don't have a profitable radio show business like Ian does, what type of career can you look forward to? Who is going to hire you when they look at your background and see those misdemeanors,felonies,etc?

The job market is scarce. Although, NH is one of the states with the lowest unemployment; the economy isn't looking to improve no time soon. Places like Walmart and McDonald's are even being picky about hiring employees.

There are some things that I agree with them and other things that I disagree with them. If you ask me, I would say tone it down on the aggression. Marching and protesting around the police station is a much better alternative than broadcasting a police officer personal info.

What if some lunatic got a hold of the officer's personal information that you broadcasted and decided to kill the police officer? You will be just as liable as the killer. You may say that the loonie could have gotten hold of it without me saying anything. That's true. But the fact that you did broadcast his information is what will give them a reason to incriminate you.

Last edited by kallenfranchise; 04-12-2012 at 06:06 PM..

Old 04-12-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallenfranchise View Post
The United States is a police state. It matches the criteria of a police state. Cryptohippie ranked the U.S. in the top 10 of being the most obvious police states in the world.

Free Staters are a mixed group of libertarians and anarchists. Several people that lived there have mentioned that the residents of Keene are not usually friendly and welcoming to Free Staters.

Those guys have a lot of courage to do those things. But at the same time, if you don't have a profitable radio show business like Ian does, what type of career can you look forward to? Who is going to hire you when they look at your background and see those misdemeanors,felonies,etc?

The job market is scarce. Although, NH is one of the states with the lowest unemployment; the economy isn't looking to improve no time soon. Places like Walmart and McDonald's are even being picky about hiring employees.

There are some things that I agree with them and other things that I disagree with them. If you ask me, I would say tone it down on the aggression. Marching and protesting around the police station is a much better alternative than broadcasting a police's office personal info.

What if some lunatic got a hold of the officer's personal information that you broadcasted and decided to kill the police officer? You will be just as liable as the killer. You may say that the loonie could have gotten hold of it without me saying anything. That's true. But the fact that you did broadcast his information is what will give them a reason to incriminate you.
1. Cyptohippie's rankings are for electronic activities, internet, etc. They do not consider factors outside of that, such as you disappearing in the middle of the night for expressing dissent. I've seen enough to know the US doesn't even register on a broad police state scale. Most definitely not as high as 10. Nearly all of the Middle East, Southwest Asia, Most of Africa, some of South America, parts of Europe, Russia!!!, China, other parts of Asia...... The list of countries where you will not enjoy the liberties we enjoy here is enormous.

2. Most all fringe/extremist groups have an element of truth to their message. Where they fail is usually in their inability to pick their battles. They treat everything that isn't exactly how they want it like it is a crime against humanity. This thread provides a good example of that. You could easily believe wittle Derrick was brutally beaten by police. They are treating this incident as if it were Rodney King Part II. That's what makes extremist groups extremist. They can't see shades of gray. Nor can they see their own mistakes. When you actually watch the video you see a guy who wouldn't stop for police, and was given a little rougher treatment than normal because of that. Is there subject for debate? Yes. Nothing more though. Your suggested course of action would have been far superior to what they did. Then again, just stopping for the police would have prevented this whole incident. Their group seems to be lacking good leadership.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,607 times
I could be angry, I could resort to name calling, I could choose to use school age sarcasm and belittle the people I disagree with like some sort of a five year old, but I will rise above this behavior and simply use logic and reasoning:

We are living in an age where peace officers have become law enforcement officers, we are living in an age where public servants have become public officials. You can point this out to people until you are blue in the face, however, some people do not wish to see reality. The population is full of people who simply do not wish to face the hard truths the small minority of us have already come to terms with, America isn't our country, America is run by a very very very small group of individuals who aren't interested in what the population at large wants.

You think that if we have bad laws that hurt peaceful people, maybe we should get together and petition the government to change said laws. Please, enlighten me, where in recent history has this happened? I believe that 90 plus percent of the country was against the Banker bailouts, a large group of individuals marched in most parts of the country in opposition to this issue. Did the bankers get their bailouts? You bet your ass they did. How many people have been against both the large wars? How long did it take to get out of Iraq? How long have we been in Afghanistan? Are you so naive that you think me and my friends can change ANYTHING of significance through the "proper channels"?

Also, to clarify, I don't care what you think of my opinions, I won't stop disobeying bad laws, I won't pay my taxes, I won't stop smoking weed, I won't get a permit to have a yard sale, I won't ask permission to protest, I won't stand for the national anthem, I won't support your troops, I won't salute your flag, and I won't "love it or leave it". I am not a sheep, I won't do what I am told and I won't do anything that I don't agree with. I am a free individual who believes in real, concrete freedom not this pseudo freedom garbage they teach us about in government schools. I am not a rebel, I am not a domestic terrorist, I am just someone who takes my right to live free seriously, I suggest you do the same or prepare to have no freedom at all.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebaka View Post
I could be angry, I could resort to name calling, I could choose to use school age sarcasm and belittle the people I disagree with like some sort of a five year old, but I will rise above this behavior and simply use logic and reasoning:

We are living in an age where peace officers have become law enforcement officers, we are living in an age where public servants have become public officials. You can point this out to people until you are blue in the face, however, some people do not wish to see reality. The population is full of people who simply do not wish to face the hard truths the small minority of us have already come to terms with, America isn't our country, America is run by a very very very small group of individuals who aren't interested in what the population at large wants.

You think that if we have bad laws that hurt peaceful people, maybe we should get together and petition the government to change said laws. Please, enlighten me, where in recent history has this happened? I believe that 90 plus percent of the country was against the Banker bailouts, a large group of individuals marched in most parts of the country in opposition to this issue. Did the bankers get their bailouts? You bet your ass they did. How many people have been against both the large wars? How long did it take to get out of Iraq? How long have we been in Afghanistan? Are you so naive that you think me and my friends can change ANYTHING of significance through the "proper channels"?

Also, to clarify, I don't care what you think of my opinions, I won't stop disobeying bad laws, I won't pay my taxes, I won't stop smoking weed, I won't get a permit to have a yard sale, I won't ask permission to protest, I won't stand for the national anthem, I won't support your troops, I won't salute your flag, and I won't "love it or leave it". I am not a sheep, I won't do what I am told and I won't do anything that I don't agree with. I am a free individual who believes in real, concrete freedom not this pseudo freedom garbage they teach us about in government schools. I am not a rebel, I am not a domestic terrorist, I am just someone who takes my right to live free seriously, I suggest you do the same or prepare to have no freedom at all.
Wow! I provide Internet translation services for people who have already left the planet. Let me translate your post for the benefit of those still grounded. What this guy is saying is that he wants to enjoy all of the benefits of our society without participating in our society or being held to any of the rules of our society. I think they call that freeloading.

Kinda funny reading this on the Internet; something that probably would never exist in this guy's ideal society. Who would have paid for the infrastructure? Who would have gone to the government schools to even gain the technical skills to build it? Who would have created the laws that orchestrate all of the networks and providers to connect everyone?

Your post should be required reading for every NH resident. I don't know if people realize they have this in their backyard now.

Last edited by CarawayDJ; 04-12-2012 at 11:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire