Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:44 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,553,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTL_Ian View Post
I would have stopped, because I know police can be dangerous people who will hurt me. Derrick made a mistake for sure, but that level of force is not justified to serve papers. The video clearly shows what happened prior to his arrest - he was already served the papers by another cop!

It's sad to see people identify with their captors and blame the victim. Stockholm Syndrome is alive and well.

Recently, a jury convicted two men of "obstructing" for not showing ID to a cop on the street in california: Bartholomew brothers convicted in Yuba County anti-tax trial | yuba, c - Appeal-Democrat

You probably would have been someone who voted "guilty" in that case, right CarawayDJ?

Thank goodness you don't live in NH anymore.
You don't live in this reality. It's that simple. I can cherry pick incidents about anything to paint any picture I want. I bet some people think little green men from mars are controlling everything and can show me "evidence" to back it up.

You DO NOT show what happens before arrest. The video cuts to a point late in the chase.

Cops didn't hurt poor wittle Derrick. He was restrained against the grass lawn for God's sake. They had to knock him down. That's what they do to people who will not stop.

Stockholm syndrome? My captors? Yup, I suspected this is a wacko movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM

6 posts, read 10,469 times
It's wrong to use deadly force to serve papers. If you think hurting peaceful people is OK, then you are a danger to any community.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:04 AM

Clearly, you did not watch the video. The video clearly shows him being served earlier in the day. It also contains audio from the police scanner that shows Moore should have known better. He certainly could have done some investigation prior to chasing after Derrick, and discovered that the papers were already served.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
It's wrong to use deadly force to serve papers. If you think hurting peaceful people is OK, then you are a danger to any community.
Thanks for the humor. My 4 year old son inflicts more physical harm on me than the officer did on wittle Derrick. If I were the officer, I would have done things differently. Knowing how fragile wittle Derrick is, I would have just yelled "BOO" in a loud manly voice. Wittle Derrick would have soiled his pants. I would have just waited for him to stop to check his pants and served him then.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Clearly, you did not watch the video. The video clearly shows him being served earlier in the day. It also contains audio from the police scanner that shows Moore should have known better. He certainly could have done some investigation prior to chasing after Derrick, and discovered that the papers were already served.
NO, it does not. Show the part where he gets on his bike and starts riding. It cuts directly to a point where the cop is right on him. In light of your creative editing, I guess we should all just "trust" that the scanner audio was not edited in a similar fashion? Give us a break.

And again, the video shows someone not following the instructions of an officer telling him to stop. A normal, sane, rational person would have stopped. This is how it would have gone down with 99.9999% of the population:

Officer: pull over and stop

Guy on bike: Yes, officer

Officer: I'm here to serve you papers

Guy on bike: I've already been served officer. Here they are.

Officer: Sorry for the inconvenience, you can go now.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:28 PM

That's right, CarawayDJ, the police are your friends and everything is just fine with whatever they do...

Old 04-12-2012, 12:29 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,792 times
Like I said.

Bad weed man.

Paranoid Stoner - YouTube

Old 04-12-2012, 12:48 PM

Tell that to the over 800,000 people arrested for cannabis in this country.

Just keep repeating to yourself that this isn't a police state...and try to ignore it when your peaceful neighbors are having their home raided for growing a plant to relieve a medical condition.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:45 PM

28 posts, read 57,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
Thanks for the humor. My 4 year old son inflicts more physical harm on me than the officer did on wittle Derrick. If I were the officer, I would have done things differently. Knowing how fragile wittle Derrick is, I would have just yelled "BOO" in a loud manly voice. Wittle Derrick would have soiled his pants. I would have just waited for him to stop to check his pants and served him then.
By your own addition, your four year old 'inflicts more physical harm' than the acts of sticking a billy club in someone's bike wheel while in motion, and beating him with said club.

I must commend you on your parenting and will be anxious to hear more of the antics of your demon-possessed offspring.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Tell that to the over 800,000 people arrested for cannabis in this country.

Just keep repeating to yourself that this isn't a police state...and try to ignore it when your peaceful neighbors are having their home raided for growing a plant to relieve a medical condition.
Please go find another country to practice your anarchist beliefs. Pot is illegal. If you don't like that then work to make it legal....as many are doing in this country. I think I should be able to drive 90mph. I don't agree with granny speed limits. That doesn't give me a right to ignore an officer trying to pull me over for speeding, or even blame the officer for doing his job and giving me a ticket. Libertarian views are not equal to anarchy.

This is why I'm not sure that the title of this thread is correct. The Free Staters are not anarchists, they are libertarians. Free Keene seems to go beyond that and into anarchy. Your statements support that. A Libertarian believes a person should be able to smoke pot in the privacy of his own home. An anarchist believes the same, but also believes that the cops have no right or authority to enforce the law. Yeah, I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Free Keene supporters now posting...." This is not the majority view of Free Staters.

You need to visit other countries if you think this is a police state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire