Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:05 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,964,083 times

Advertisements

I could stare at Christmas Lights forever, they are just beautiful. We have went driving around our town 3 different times so far, and havent made a dent in seeing all the homes. There is one housing track that everyone on every street decorates their house. They even hang lites from the homes across from each other, everyone drives up and down all the streets with their car lights off. Some of the homes are playing music, there was one lady and her husband singing and playing piano for all us lookie loos. It is almost overwhelming, but gorgeous. Thanks all for sharing the links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 12:46 PM

450 posts, read 559,461 times
agree about seeing the christmas lights, we drive around with the kids and they love it

Old 12-22-2007, 07:57 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,149,058 times
hey, I saw the Gendron's derry home on TV-9 last night! very nice! very impressive!

Old 12-23-2007, 01:30 PM

3 posts, read 34,984 times
WOW.... Thanks so much for the compliments you guys are great!!! The only problem is that half of the lights are under the snow and the ones that you cant see (in the trees) I cant light up because the circuit keeps blowing. I am so glad you could all come out. I didnt know it was even on the news and I cant seem to find us on their.

Yes I was the one putting them up a few months ago.. LOL...I start Nov 1st and light up is Thanksgiving night every year. Well thanks again everyone...Heather & Manny

Old 11-27-2008, 05:41 AM

1 posts, read 7,522 times
We usually go to Bright Nights in Springfield MA, but this year we wanted to try and find something similar in New Hampshire, or in the Boston area. Does anyone know of anywhere that does a display of lights like this park does in Springfield? It is set to Christmas music, and you drive through this huge park that is dressed with Christmas scenes all lit up to Christmas music. It takes about 30 minutes to drive through, and it is amazing!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:35 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,964,962 times
Thanks for resurrecting this thread, irishjess

One of my favorites here in town (Londonderry) is on the corner of Kendall Pond Road/South Road. All areas in the yard are decorated with lights, inflatables, and other decorations. Very pretty reflecting into Kendall Pond at night. Visitors are welcome to park and walk along in the yard, there is a sign (disclaimer) that you do so at your own risk. I'll try to shoot some pictures next time I go by at night.

One of our traditions is to get a list of all the places that we HAVE to see, fill our travel mugs with hot cocoa, and get out there to see. We try to wait until there is a coating of snow on the ground--sometimes Mother Nature cooperates (like last year!) and other times it's bare... either way though, it's a great way to feel the spirit of the season in a totally non-commercial way!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:14 AM

263 posts, read 860,282 times
are these posts all from last year??? If so, does anyone know of any good displays THIS year in the Manchester/Candia/Raymond/Auburn/Chester area? I'd love to go for a drive next weekend for my Birthday with my son and my boyfriend and check out some nice displays!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,964,962 times
Most of them are from last year jackiedoodle, but I've noticed that people who have invested in TONS of decorations and lights and inflatables tend to put them up year after year after year, and they just keep getting better. I didn't think to start the thread until 12/17/07, pretty late in the season. The person who resurrected it (thank you!) did it early enough so that when we see something to share, the thread is right here and waiting

Old 12-01-2008, 12:06 PM

282 posts, read 1,187,521 times
I went to the wired for Christmas display in Raymond last year............AWESOME!!! Very cool! Well worth the ride!

Old 12-01-2008, 03:20 PM

263 posts, read 860,282 times
It looks as if they are not doing it this year though....the one in Raymond. I went to the website and it says they will not be having their display this year. : (
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire