Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 05:32 AM

909 posts, read 3,364,970 times

Advertisements

Val, that last video was so cool! Hate to get their power bill though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 10,633 times
Default Christmas Lights

Where is this neighborhood? We would love to take our three kids out to see Xmas lights today but don't know where to go!
Thanks, Sarra

Old 12-14-2008, 11:10 PM

120 posts, read 785,919 times
I love that y'all are all so supportive of going to see other peoples displays, etc. I absolutely can't wait to do it too! We have decided not to do too much outside this year, because we are trying to get the house ready to be put on the market in the new year, but mainly because there has been a Scrooge around here lately. He actually slashed holes in like 8 of those inflatable decorations and then cut every light strand every two feet or so down each line so they are totally useless in several yards that all have young kids like 3 and under. To me, that's just mean! The poor people that have had that done. How do you tell a child that you can't go turn them on each day because some jerk destroyed everything you put out the night before?..? Horrible! I know there are bad mean people everywhere, but it seems like we have an unusually high concentration of them around here. I'm looking forward to getting to NH, where maybe people are a little more 'live and let live' and don't do stupid things like that. It just makes my stomach turn.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 10,559 times
Any new news on the best places to drive by for 2008? In the Raymond/Candia/Exeter area? I heard about [url=http://www.charmingfare.com/lighted.php]Welcome to Charmingfare Farm[/url] this little farm, is it any good?

Old 12-02-2009, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 9,734 times

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkBawH6Tsdk[/url] This is the Phelps' Light Show in Bedford, NH, there's about 14 videos of this year's light show all different songs, just check out the other videos from macx82. It is quite hard to see in the videos, you just have to come see it for yourself. For the record this entire light show is done with slingshots!! This show is on 5pm - 9pm.. sometimes 10, don't wanna bug the neighbors for too long haha.Read more: [url]//www.city-data.com/forum/new-hampshire/214868-best-new-hampshires-christmas-holiday-displays.html#ixzz0Ya5NXwIY[/url]

Old 12-24-2009, 05:17 AM

1 posts, read 9,127 times
Default where can I find a link to look at these homes ??

Wher can I find a link to look at these houses .. we want to take the girls to see some houses //
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I could stare at Christmas Lights forever, they are just beautiful. We have went driving around our town 3 different times so far, and havent made a dent in seeing all the homes. There is one housing track that everyone on every street decorates their house. They even hang lites from the homes across from each other, everyone drives up and down all the streets with their car lights off. Some of the homes are playing music, there was one lady and her husband singing and playing piano for all us lookie loos. It is almost overwhelming, but gorgeous. Thanks all for sharing the links.[/FONT]

Old 12-22-2010, 10:00 AM

22 posts, read 55,219 times
Hey everyone! Reading this post and maybe I'm just missing it but where is the one in Candia exactly? Are they doing it this year? Also are they doing the Derry one this year? This is our 1st NH Christmas... we wanted to go out tomorrow night and see the lights! Any help/info on where to go is greatly appreciated!!! Merry Christmas!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:49 AM

263 posts, read 859,593 times
yes, they are doing the one in Candia - it's just down the street from me! If you take exit 3 off of Route 101 and take a left off the exit, their road is just before the overpass. The house is on your left. Very easy to find. On weekends, the homeowner comes outside after each "performance" and gives out little candycanes too. Plus they accept non-perishable food donations for the Candia Food Pantry. : )

Old 12-02-2012, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,941 times
There's a house on Winnicut road in Greenland that has a light show to music as well as horses dressed as reindeer. The house is decorated and it all looks amazing. I stopped one night and the person out side let me feed the horses. If you have kids its defiantly a place to stop.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:17 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,706 times
There is an entire street in Claremont where all of the residents put up Christmas decorations in their yard. Not all are as spectacular as the ones you see in the youtube video, but it is quite a sight to drive by and see each and every hous and yard lit up.

Claremont NH Christmas 2010 - YouTube

The name of the street is Nelmar Heights. Definitely worth a drive by in the dark!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire