U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2019, 08:58 AM
 
Location: The Woods
17,368 posts, read 23,400,245 times
Reputation: 9914

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Folks whenever you hear moronic babble such at this bunch of crap being spewed by the arctic one, ask yourself why folks are literally dying to get into this nation.
Of course I'm sure you noticed it's primarily third world nations that are more dangerous than the U.S. on your link. Most of Europe has less crime than the U.S. But more importantly than crime entirely (which includes minor crimes), the mass murder incidents we're frequently having in the U.S. are quite rare in other western nations. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/un...ath-shootings/

It isn't Europeans beating down the doors to get into this country. It's people fleeing third world countries beset with worse problems than we have.

Last edited by Yac; 08-19-2020 at 01:19 AM..
Rate this post positively

 
Old 07-19-2019, 09:24 AM
 
1,163 posts, read 1,675,800 times
Reputation: 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

"numbeo" is a worthless site and none of their "rankings" are based on any actual data, just rankings done by random visitors to their website.


They even admit this: Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site


I'm not saying your point is right/wrong, but I am saying that what you are citing to back up your point is no more valid than me asking random strangers on the street for their opinion.

Last edited by Yac; 08-19-2020 at 01:19 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2019, 09:28 AM
 
5,009 posts, read 2,502,346 times
Reputation: 3247
I know of a business in Concord that employs 23 people that will leave if this passes. It is easy to spend other peoples money. Enough handouts. Is everyone who had a kid or took care of their elderly parent in the past going to get a check for the time and money they didn't get reimbursed for? Cost will get passed onto the consumer and taxpayer - businesses will find a way to do that or leave.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2019, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
2,650 posts, read 3,055,532 times
Reputation: 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Of course I'm sure you noticed it's primarily third world nations that are more dangerous than the U.S. on your link. Most of Europe has less crime than the U.S. But more importantly than crime entirely (which includes minor crimes), the mass murder incidents we're frequently having in the U.S. are quite rare in other western nations. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/un...ath-shootings/

It isn't Europeans beating down the doors to get into this country. It's people fleeing third world countries beset with worse problems than we have.
Yes ,that is why all those third worlders want to come here rather than other "civilized" nations where they could be "safer"

liker I said before, keep smoking that meth sunshine
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2019, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Florida and New England
1,499 posts, read 1,610,191 times
Reputation: 2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Please define "affluent"... because I know that I am not affluent, and yet my town expects my husband and I to cough up $11K a year in property taxes like it's not big deal. In fact, my town budget committee is hoping to tack on another $500 a year to my bill to fund a new safety fire and police complex. And all the older homeowners are struggling to pay their taxes, bills that have quadrupled since they bought their homes over 20 years ago.
Connecticut has the same phenomenon, in spades -- in my case the property taxes just hit 19k per year. Fortunately, I have tenants, and oh, do they gripe about rental increases that are barely keeping up with the costs.

Property taxes in most of the country are 1% annually of fair market value or less. Some places in the Old South, they are closer to 0.5%.

1% of FMV of my CT house would be maybe 7000 per year on a good real estate selling day. But these property taxes at 2% or even 3% of FMV ensure that there will never be another good real estate selling day.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2019, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
2,650 posts, read 3,055,532 times
Reputation: 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
"numbeo" is a worthless site and none of their "rankings" are based on any actual data, just rankings done by random visitors to their website.


They even admit this: Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site


I'm not saying your point is right/wrong, but I am saying that what you are citing to back up your point is no more valid than me asking random strangers on the street for their opinion.
at the end of the day all data is skewed to in favor of whatever point an individual is trying to make.

Last edited by Yac; 08-19-2020 at 01:19 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2019, 12:04 PM
 
1,885 posts, read 1,392,142 times
Reputation: 2641
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It's pretty basic psychology that the behavior, culture, attitudes, etc., of the people around a child influences that child as they grow.
Absolutely. The way someone enters adulthood is greatly influenced by the people around them. As children they have little recourse to change their surroundings even if they want to.

But eventually they become adults, and they're no longer involuntarily subject to other peoples' decisions. The older they get, the less they can claim their current state is the result of their upbringing, because they've had time to learn and make adjustments. Not learning and making adjustments is a choice they make, too.

It really comes down to whether or not people want the freedom to make their own choices. If they want that freedom they have to accept the outcome of their choices as their own responsibility. Having the freedom to make choices, and not being responsible for the outcome of their own choices, is not a workable combination.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2019, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
2,650 posts, read 3,055,532 times
Reputation: 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
Absolutely. The way someone enters adulthood is greatly influenced by the people around them. As children they have little recourse to change their surroundings even if they want to.

But eventually they become adults, and they're no longer involuntarily subject to other peoples' decisions. The older they get, the less they can claim their current state is the result of their upbringing, because they've had time to learn and make adjustments. Not learning and making adjustments is a choice they make, too.

It really comes down to whether or not people want the freedom to make their own choices. If they want that freedom they have to accept the outcome of their choices as their own responsibility. Having the freedom to make choices, and not being responsible for the outcome of their own choices, is not a workable combination.

Exactly. We are less a product of our upbringing than we are of our OWN decisions. I can show that truth time and time again. In my own life and the life of others, but it does not fit the socialist/ liberal agenda, rather brainwashing people into lives or perpetual victimhood does. It is a wonderful thing when someone walks away from the big government plantation realizing that more government programs and control haven't really helped them at all but rather further enslaved them. Something I have been seeing in the Black and Hispanic community a lot more in recent years, especially the first since they have now become second class "slaved to the democrats in their quest to offer false empty promises to the illegals in hopes of taking their votes and money.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2019, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
2,650 posts, read 3,055,532 times
Reputation: 4060
I love this


https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ILQXW2Ob1PU
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2019, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
2,650 posts, read 3,055,532 times
Reputation: 4060
Now if only Whitey would wake up like this guy has..https://www.theepochtimes.com/why-bl...y_2584977.html
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:27 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top