Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 08:00 AM

132 posts, read 631,683 times

Advertisements

I am shocked and apalled by this terrible crime where three teenagers beat an Indian man to death in front of his family outside of their home. This incident happened last Friday evening when the three thugs were cruising around and encountered the family while they were taking a walk. I hope these animals are charged as adults to the fullest extent of the law.

Here are the links to the articles:

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Three teenagers arrested in beating of Old Bridge man | NJ.com

Old Bridge man who was attacked by teenagers dies from injuries | NJ.com

Fatal beating of Old Bridge man highlights harassment of South Asian community | NJ.com

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 08:04 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
I've read the articles in the news.
It just makes me sick to my stomach...that poor man.

Makes me wonder what kind of upbringing these teen aged killers had???/

Old 07-01-2010, 05:42 PM

71 posts, read 343,796 times
My condolences to the SInha family.

Two more teenagers have been charged today, bringing the total to 5.
Two more teenagers are charged in fatal beating of Old Bridge man | NJ.com

From what I heard from a guy at my office (who is Indian), the Indian community is on the edge, and are now coming out with more stories of racially motivated incidents in Old Bridge.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:12 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,859,501 times
disgusting.

i thought old bridge was the safest town in nj, or "best place to live" or something.

was there any thing that sparked this attack?

Old 07-02-2010, 05:36 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,956,195 times
Yeah I'm curious what prompted the attack if anything.

Those teenagers should be executed...if they're able to kill to now wait till they're out of their teens. But no...instead we lose someone who was doing something great with his life earning a PhD. His wife and sons lose someone precious to them. Should be no mercy. Guy was attacked in front of his own home....ridiculous.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:44 AM

132 posts, read 631,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metuchenrahway View Post
My condolences to the SInha family.

Two more teenagers have been charged today, bringing the total to 5.
Two more teenagers are charged in fatal beating of Old Bridge man | NJ.com

From what I heard from a guy at my office (who is Indian), the Indian community is on the edge, and are now coming out with more stories of racially motivated incidents in Old Bridge.
I just read the follow up article and minutes before the fatal attack, these thugs were involved in a motor vehicle chase nearby. A white motorist was able to flee the thugs but not before they threw objects at his car resulting in some damage.

It is clear these low lifes were out to cause trouble. What kind of parenting is taking place in their homes?

Old 07-02-2010, 07:55 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2do4now View Post
I just read the follow up article and minutes before the fatal attack, these thugs were involved in a motor vehicle chase nearby. A white motorist was able to flee the thugs but not before they threw objects at his car resulting in some damage.

It is clear these low lifes were out to cause trouble. What kind of parenting is taking place in their homes?
NONE..I would bet me last dime most of them don't know who their daddy is...ugh ugh ugh

Old 07-02-2010, 08:48 AM

381 posts, read 1,309,405 times
Horrible, just horrible.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:03 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Someone needs to die for this. As Mgt04 says, here is someone who did all the right things in life, loving father, college educated, seemed like the highest of citizens.

When your own safety is threatened in the simplest form i.e. the ability to walk in peace outside of your own home, this projects negatively onto the greater social order. An example has to be made out of the animals who did this. Execute them.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:29 AM

168 posts, read 494,453 times
Completely agreed. If you look at the original three's facebook pages there are a ton of people DEFENDING them, saying "Oh, everyone makes mistakes, we'll be waiting for you when you get out." THEY KILLED SOMEONE!!! I am their age, and used to live in OB and am completely beside myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey