Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2006, 07:10 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeForSale View Post
Ohh how nice it is to live here. I'm looking forward to meeting my new horse farm neighbors and buying a bale of hay & cornstalks to decorate our new front yard.
Autumn in NJ- nothing like it. We're even sleeping like babies at night with the windows open.
I agree, this is one of the most beautiful seasons of the year. People have caught onto to that "secret" and rent shore houses for these fall seasons. Not too many bikini days on the beach, but what lovely weather, and the glorious sunsets on the bay brings tears to your eyes!

Sometimes I am so torn between finding somewhere else to find a lower cost of living, etc. but then I think about how beautiful it is here & my short drive to the beach and then wonder if relocating is what I REALLY want to to. Time will tell, I guess!

Going to get my pumpkins, mums and cornstalks this weekend to decorate my front porch steps! [RIGHT]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/MurphChessLinus/autumn.gif (broken link)[/RIGHT]

Old 09-28-2006, 01:40 PM

7 posts, read 61,468 times
Default my humble opinion

Any town south of Ridgewood NJ.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:23 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,629,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the fear View Post
Any town south of Ridgewood NJ.
That is a stupid uninformed statement. No points for you bucky! Thats a typical Bergen County look down your nose at the rest of the state, statement.

Last edited by exhdo1; 09-28-2006 at 04:38 PM..

Old 09-29-2006, 07:40 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,755,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
That is a stupid uninformed statement. No points for you bucky! Thats a typical Bergen County look down your nose at the rest of the state, statement.
Amen to that! Maybe keepthefear meant any town in Bergen County, South of Ridgewood. I grew up in Bergen County. Most lifelong residents think that's all there is to the state. Except for the occasional trip to Pt. Pleasant or Belmar, of course.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:39 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,629,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMom View Post
Amen to that! Maybe keepthefear meant any town in Bergen County, South of Ridgewood. I grew up in Bergen County. Most lifelong residents think that's all there is to the state. Except for the occasional trip to Pt. Pleasant or Belmar, of course.
Thank you. If he said he prefered Bergen County that would be fine, but a blanket statement like that needs to be challenged! Points for you. I'm in Monmouth County and while it's not perfect I think it has alot to offer. 20 minutes and I'm on the beach in Belmar, 45 minutes and I'm enjoying a Thunder game, 20 and I'm eating a Hotdog at The Blueclaws, about an hour and I'm in NYC, 40 and I'm at the airport a little more than an hour and I'm having a cheesesteak at Ginos in Philly., I can go on and on!

Old 10-01-2006, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 8,764 times
Default Camden is the worst...

Camden - aka- C.M.D is the most dangerous city in AMERICA.. not just New Jersey... There is no city worst than Camden right now...Newark, Irvington, E-O, Paterson... New York, Detroit, Compton... None of them are as bad as Camden... Ya'll from jersey?? Get yall **** together man..

Here is a website about it...

http://morganquinto.com/cit06pop.htm

Old 10-02-2006, 09:29 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times
East St. Louis is actually more dangerous than Camden and I believe the most dangerous city in the U.S., and simply didn't appear on the morganquitno list because it has fewer than 75,000 people. But yes, Camden is horrible and does indeed suck.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:14 AM

9 posts, read 65,342 times
Default New Jersey

Deffinetly stay away from Camden ( Worst Crime In the Country)
Trenton also has a lot of crime. Newark is bad but it has really been reviatalized in the last ten years. The most dangerous cities list had Newark at number one twelve years ago and now it is not even on the list. I still would recommend living outside of Newark in a nice suburb area. Let me rephrase that Newark is number twenty three of twenty five. A big leap from number one. Now if you want a very safe city to live in i would recommend. Brick Twnshp New Jersey. Very little crime and a lot of very nice suburbs to live in.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 18,952 times
wall township rox my sox.... urg not rele

Old 10-19-2006, 01:22 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,800,049 times
Irvington/Newark is probably the most dangerous in NJ to the average person due to the escalating gang violence.

Camden, Atlantic City, East Orange, Irvington, and Newark are the worst NJ has to offer.

Of course, not any of these entire cities are complete ghettos. The lower income areas are the places to stay away from. Even though Newark has dropped significantly statistically, crime is still a serious problem in the low income areas of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey