Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 05:09 AM

180 posts, read 344,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalposts View Post
You did not read few posts above that so you failed to comprehend what I was saying. Please go back and read it again and you will get it. I doubt it though, so here is my point again,
The township is great all around, I had high hopes from it but its schools are not living up to expectation because areas surrounding New Brunswick.
Now I cannot be more clear than that.
BTW I see that you contribute lot to the forum and I respect that.
Now can we get back to the topic about the town and its problems instead of nitpicking and worry about where I should study ?
The problem has nothing to do with New Brunswick. Go to any upper middle class neighborhood in Frankiln and see how many kids get on the school buses in the morning. Zero. Between the many private schools in town and now the free charter school - parents do not send their kids to the schools. So the schools are left with an overwhelming majority of disadvantaged kids that live in the section of town that borders NB. Look at the demographics of the town vs the schools and you will see. If all the kids that live in Franklin went to the schools - they would be very competitive. But NB kids are not coming in - it's still Franklin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 07:26 AM

25 posts, read 43,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st timer View Post
Does anyone know what are the current available lots (town homes) and what buildings will open ? Builder's office is not giving a straight reply as to when will next construction begin and what lots are currently open.
1st timer, if you have not done so already, drive around the lots....you will get a good idea of which lots are being built on, and what stage of progress or completion they are at.

Then go to the sales office, look at the community map. They have red, blue and yellow dots on various lots indicating available and sold...I do not recollect which color represents which. I think yellow is available, blue is pending and red is sold, but could be mistaken.

The sales reps in the office will not let on what their 'head office' will not allow them too. You should do your own research as far as possible.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:24 PM

283 posts, read 667,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketplayer View Post
At least, this is what is listed on Zillow....

30 Tudor Dr, Franklin Twp., NJ 08873 is For Sale - Zillow

I see the listed price for end unit at $423K.

Price history:

05/15/13 Listed for sale $395,900

09/18/13 Price change $375,900

01/21/14 Price change $377,900
03/12/14 Price change $384,900
03/19/14 Price change $399,900
03/27/14 Price change $404,900
04/08/14 Price change $407,900
08/14/14 Price change $414,900
09/18/14 Price change $423,900

Single family home in Phase 1 Summerfields:

93 Willocks Cir, Somerset, NJ 08873 is For Sale - Zillow

Price history:

05/14/14 Listed for sale $570,050
08/14/14 Price change $585,000
09/18/14 Price change $610,050

Food for thought, for those thinking of buying...and those who have already bought.....
Cricketplayer:

I am not sure if these are the actual price quoted by the builder. It seems that the above homes are first purchased by the listing agent (listen on the links provided by you) and then they try to sell at higher profit. It happened in Summerfields phase 1 also. Builder allows some of the real estate agents to market homes on commission basis. The agents usually add standard upgrade in homes, corner it for some time and sell at a higher price to customers, citing upgrades included in the price.

The following site shows the current probable price (actual selling price by builder may be somewhat higher now):
http://newhomes.nj.com/nj/homedetail/planid-895555

Anyway, with very few foreclosure homes left in NJ, new home prices are climbing everywhere. For example in nearby Middlesex Boro (where we used to live), two ago new home of 4 bedroom/2.5 bath/2 car garage was $450k. Now for the same price, one will get 3 bedroom/2.5 bath/1 car garage.

There are also dozen new homes coming up at 2nd street (off cedar grove Lane and near Easton Ave traffic signal). The new single family homes cost $550-600K for 2,700 to 3,000 sq ft.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:39 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalposts View Post
Which part you don't get so I can educate you. So you believe franklin school are in good state ? Why it is such state, the town overall is good with great demographics. So what is the problem? New Brunswick.
Please, do try to educate me on the town I grew up in and moved back to as an adult.

I'll wait.

Great demographics meaning what, exactly?

I never said FTWP schools "are in a good state". My kids go to private schools. I went to a private school as well as my siblings back in the late 70's and through the early 90's.

Where do you live that you are an expert in all things FTWP?

Last edited by Informed Info; 10-03-2014 at 12:57 AM..

Old 10-03-2014, 01:52 PM

[quote=Yogesh Upadhyaya;36727791]Cricketplayer:

I am not sure if these are the actual price quoted by the builder. It seems that the above homes are first purchased by the listing agent (listen on the links provided by you) and then they try to sell at higher profit. It happened in Summerfields phase 1 also. Builder allows some of the real estate agents to market homes on commission basis. The agents usually add standard upgrade in homes, corner it for some time and sell at a higher price to customers, citing upgrades included in the price.

Yogesh, 1st timer and hiyer31 both indicated in their recent comments that they have seen $400,000 plus prices for the townhomes end units....the numbers I saw on Zillow support that. The builder has been offering a package of 'upgrades' for the townhomes.

Typically, when one lot of 4 townhomes sells, the builder 'releases' other lots. And increases prices when doing that. So clearly the increased prices are being accepted by potential buyers, if sales are being completed. The agent gets some of these too, and gets his commission, as you indicate.

I think we agree that this is fairly routine practice.

The question then becomes, are these higher prices representative of the community, and are they sustainable when the homeowner is looking at their own equity.

In other words, if you were to put your home up for sale today, would you be able to list at such a price in this area?

Old 10-05-2014, 05:55 PM

283 posts, read 667,099 times
Cricket Player:

Some of the homes are already cornered by some investors/agents, who plan to sell at higher price at later stage.

Take for example, 1 Willocks circle, the Somerset model home, which is under construction (near phase 1 entrance at Irin Way). The official list price is $589,000 by the builder, but RealMart Realty has purchased the home, made some standard upgrade and listed for sale at $667,000. They know that at the end, someone will come and buy at any price.

It is buyer and seller's choice for home price and there is no complaining about it. Prices are higher almost everywhere in USA.

About if someone puts the home today for sale, the person will not get the price of new home, as people will prefer to buy brand new home at higher price than two year old used one. New homes should be held for about five years before price can appreciate. Someone from phase 1 tried to sale home this year at the original purchase price, but could not sale it and then withdrew the listing.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:07 PM

' Take for example, 1 Willocks circle, the Somerset model home, which is under construction (near phase 1 entrance at Irin Way). The official list price is $589,000 by the builder, but RealMart Realty has purchased the home, made some standard upgrade and listed for sale at $667,000. They know that at the end, someone will come and buy at any price.'

Very true, Yogesh!

Old 10-07-2014, 09:03 AM

12 posts, read 16,793 times
Default Delay in construction and closing!

I am a reader who has benefited from all the messages and information posted by other users. This is my first post!

My family purchased a townhome early this year and we were given a close date of November 1st 2014....and now when I talk to the sales people they just mention the contract with 6 months the builder has after that for completion....

Anybody else experienced delays? How long? With winter coming I do not know...

Hoping to hear from valued readers about their experience with builder.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 11,509 times
Default Delay in construction and closing!

Be ready for a long wait.. I was suppose to get mine on July 1st and still not closed. They have given me a date by End of October now.. Every time I went to sales office to check the status, they would pretend like they don't know me and I have to provide all details before they will give a random answer. It gets worse if you have an attorney recommended by them as the lawyer looking to be in their good books and give you more BS.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:51 PM

15 posts, read 24,775 times
I agree with SRS1. Our delivery date was August 1st. They've told our agent mid December to end of December. As zenglobal mentioned the builder has 160 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey