Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:53 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,799,265 times

Advertisements

East Orange is nothing more then a bad neighborhood.

Go to the bad neighborhoods where you live. East Orange is the same.

As for the guy who said it is not as bad as it was in the 1980's. Yeah, it went from really bad to bad. Some improvement huh? Crime is still a very significant problem along with other social issues caused by poverty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 AM

7 posts, read 31,688 times
They fixed up a couple of the highrises along the Parkway, but the crime rate is still very high. Is it better then it was? Yes, but still not a place you should want to live in.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:47 AM

1 posts, read 5,148 times
how about the Future. should I invest in a condo in east Orange? Maybe 20 years from now it will as nice as other Oranges?

check this out 60 Parkway Drive :: East Orange, NJ

Old 08-13-2007, 02:54 AM

223 posts, read 796,036 times
east orange is a cess pool. my friend, an african american professional, lived there his entire life and got out three years ago because he got mugged twice and feared that his child would have to go to the public school.

trust me, you don't want to live there.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:54 AM
VNY

5 posts, read 29,303 times
Some people like to sing the same old song year after year and talk about the present as if it were the same as the past..... The crime statistics posted on City-Data.com are from 2005 and other sites have data that is even older.

During the past three years, there has been unprecendented reductions here. We have had spots on national TV and other news media outlets about the changes going on here. I think the work our PD is doing has caused the criminal to realize they need to leave and mess up some other town. Crime will never drop to 0 because after all, this is a City... but if you are talking about a City, then compare our current crime rates to other City's current crime rates. Then you'll see we are one of the best Cities around!

We are taking back our City and those who aren't living here probably should not talk about what it is like here by using old data and statistics.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:21 PM

467 posts, read 1,489,097 times
East Orange, No, Orange, No, West Orange ok. try Bloomfield, Verona, Cedar
Grove or Livingston

Old 12-27-2007, 04:58 PM

25 posts, read 172,512 times
The first thing I caught about 60 is the frequency of the bus service- every hour. Then I asked people. The answers were bad. Then I drove there (I live in Queens) and let me tell you, I have been all over NYC 5 boroughs working as a bus driver and parts of Jersey and never saw something so F'd up in my life. I literally could not leave my car and that says a lot. I have stopped looking for real estate as a result of becoming diluted with that ad from the developer. Total bait and switch.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,066 times
stick to West Orange or South Orange

Old 12-27-2007, 05:40 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
A quick synopsis...

West Orange is pretty nice. South Orange is nice. Orange is bad. East Orange is really bad.
Agreed.

The western part of W.O. towards the Livingston border is quite nice. South Orange I've heard has its parts (around SHU). Orange and East Orange...well, no one could pay my bills AND pay me to live there.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:42 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
stick to West Orange or South Orange
Again, agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey