Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 07:02 AM

3 posts, read 4,935 times

Advertisements

Good Morning Everyone,
Can any of you who commute from Wayne to Edison advice me how bad or good the commute can be?
I would like to purchase a house in Wayne, i just fell in love with this town. But i work in Edison and lived close to this area for the last 15 years. I know very little about Wayne and traffic.
What routes would be best to take in the morning (i need to be in my office at 8:30 am, Edison) and i leave my office at 5:00 pm to Wayne hopefully).
Please let me know if you are familier with 287 south, parkway, turnpike in the morning and then going back home at night.
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 11:57 AM

91 posts, read 274,854 times
Rt 23s/Rt RT 46w
to 80 W
to 287 S

or deal with dreadful 80 e to Pkwy South traffic due to heavy volume

Old 11-21-2011, 12:10 PM

how is the traffic around 7:30 am on above mention roads 23, 46, 287?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:06 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia11021980 View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
Can any of you who commute from Wayne to Edison advice me how bad or good the commute can be?
I would like to purchase a house in Wayne, i just fell in love with this town. But i work in Edison and lived close to this area for the last 15 years. I know very little about Wayne and traffic.
What routes would be best to take in the morning (i need to be in my office at 8:30 am, Edison) and i leave my office at 5:00 pm to Wayne hopefully).
Please let me know if you are familier with 287 south, parkway, turnpike in the morning and then going back home at night.
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!
You are aware that Wayne has a flooding problem during big rain storms?
You are aware that you will be going from a 8 hr work day to a 10+hr work day?

I can't understand why anybody in NJ would relocate to increase commuting time just because a town is nice and you "fell in love"

Go rent in Wayne first before you throw any money away in a flood area.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
You are aware that Wayne has a flooding problem during big rain storms?
You are aware that you will be going from a 8 hr work day to a 10+hr work day?

I can't understand why anybody in NJ would relocate to increase commuting time just because a town is nice and you "fell in love"

Go rent in Wayne first before you throw any money away in a flood area.
There are personal reasons why i need to relocate to Northern Jersey.
From my reaserch, schools are excelent in Wayne and that's very important to me as i have 2 kids.
Towns does look amzing, to me atleast.

Yes, i am awere of flood areas and when i will purches my new home i will make sure that house never had flood issues prior.

Thanks

Old 11-21-2011, 02:16 PM

133 posts, read 330,878 times
Wayne is such a large area, so the commute will depend on what part of the town you will be in. For example, if your new home is all the way up by William Paterson University, it will take a bit longer than say, being near Route 23 and Black Oak Ridge Road.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:44 AM

3 posts, read 4,785 times
You should avoid the parkway after around 7:00am. The 140s can get pretty bad. I commute from Saddle Brook to Union(157 to 140A) but I have to be at the office at 7am. It's normally a 20-25 min commute. If I go in late, it doubles my commute some days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey